300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:26 PM

question

okay i have a question, i finally got my heads off my z31 non-turbo. and the reason im doing that is because im replacing my headgaskets, because the person i bought it from said they blew them and thats why it wasn't running, okay my question is what else will not cause the car to start besides blown headgaskets? is there anything else i should replace while i have the engine torn apart before i put it back on. such other things that might not cause the car to start?
let me know what you guys think, thanks for all your help
Old 11-05-2006, 01:29 PM
The Good Twin

Bro... have you read any of our replies to your other billion threads? You could have continued this in your other cylinder head thread, rather than make a new one. And AGAIN I say: USE THE SEARCH. If you don't know how, we can teach ya! Sorry.... not trying to be rude, just gets annoying when we have to baby feed people.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Distinquished Guest

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, an engine will run with blown head gaskets. It may not run well, and it may not run for long, but at least initially, it will run.

I suppose if allowed to run too long it could loose all the coolant and seize, but, then the problem wouldn't be the head gasket anymore, would it?

Spare parts, anyone?