300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Digital Dash Harness Wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM

Digital Dash Harness Wires

Hey can anyone show me where each color wire goes into the 2 harnesses for the power supply for the digital dash. Mine is damaged and I can make a new one but i need to know which color wires go where, I can't tell from what I have left and the electrical diagrams in the FSM doesn't have the color codes to the harness.

It would suck to have to get a whole new digital dash just because the harness that comes off of it going to the power unit is smashed. I have some old computer parts and connectors for the power buttons and such to the Motherboard fit nice and snug on the dash power units' pins.

At the very least if someone could just take some nice pictures of their harness, showing me all the colors, that would be sufficient. I don't know if the wire color scheme differentiated over the years but I have an 84' 300zxT

thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Ruff Ryder

The FSM will be easier to understand then what your asking.

(also the wires are coded in the FSM)
Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 AM

I looked the FSM over and over and it gives the colors for the other harnesses coming from the dash cluster but not the one that goes to the power unit.

I just looked it over again and still nothing that I can see to help me.

Every harness that has color codes on it also says (white), (black), or (blue) next to it which are the harnesses that connect above and behind the dash unit.

I'll send someone the electrical part of my FSM if anyone wants to show me what I'm not seeing.