300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

trouble with start up...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 PM

trouble with start up...

Well previously before i changed the valve cover gasket my 85 was running better than ever, other than the leak.. problem now is, it will not start. checked all vaccum lines.. replaced them, changed wires to some brand new ngk's. but it still will not stay on.. this 85 n/a is my first car that ive owned and i have huge plans for it.. any ideas of what could be causing it to not stay on. thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 PM

is it cranking at all? the other day, working on a 300zx, there was this plug or connector what ever you want to call it, on the passenger side of the wiring harness above the injectors and next to the plenum, that was loose and disconnected. once pluging that back in the car started right away. the car would crank but nothing would produce a spark. the connector had something to do with it. make sure that your getting a spark.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 AM

I made sure all plug ins were in. I think it may be the plugs. I just haven't changed them because it's been windy as f. And yes it cranks and seems like it's gonna turn on but to no avail.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:43 AM

what i meant was a connector that was part of the harness.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM

timing was off some how..... hopedfully when i fix that it solves all my problems.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM

hey bro I'm in the same situation I can turn it on but wont stay on, I have to keep it at 300 rpm or something like that, I did a post about dizzy cable but I don't really see any difference putting it in either place, I've done sparks, dizzy cap and rotor and there was a little difference but that was not the solution, I just won a wire set on ebay once I get them I'm gonna do another try and if there's no difference maybe "fuel way" could be the problem you know easy things first fuel filter maybe clogged, and if still does the same I'll quit cuz the only left are the sensors and they are really REALLY expensive AAC Valve (idle control) or maybe the crank position sensor (if is bad thats way is out of timing) actually I'm no sure about if the sensor goes bad you can leave it like that and just set it on time manually anyways my propose is if I find something that solve the problem in my Z I'll let you know and I hope so you do thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 PM

a

Hello I have some news after change the wire set it ran better but the big deal was the dizzy it was 1 tooth off the play was no enough to put it on time the creator never show again but maybe it is helpfull for some body else actually I'm gonna leave my email is marlon.mil@hotmail.com after rebuild this car from 0 to now I almost know it by memory I done heads timing belt and cleaned intake and plenum with all sensors and harnesses, self diagnostic etc etc if you need some help just send me an email and if i can I'll help you. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by marlonmil
Hello I have some news after change the wire set it ran better but the big deal was the dizzy it was 1 tooth off the play was no enough to put it on time the creator never show again but maybe it is helpfull for some body else actually I'm gonna leave my email is marlon.mil@hotmail.com after rebuild this car from 0 to now I almost know it by memory I done heads timing belt and cleaned intake and plenum with all sensors and harnesses, self diagnostic etc etc if you need some help just send me an email and if i can I'll help you. Good luck.
OMG can you people please learn how to write complete sentences?

Does anyone learn anything in school anymore?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by omniserv
OMG can you people please learn how to write complete sentences?

Does anyone learn anything in school anymore?
Nope. Kids these days are retarded. And their parents bitch at the teachers to get them a passing grade.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by marlonmil

Holy **** dude!!!!! Learn how to use sentence structure and for the love of ****ing god, use some god dam punctuation to at least separate you statements!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 PM

Last edited by reddzx; 06-29-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:04 PM

Nah. That's a bit harsh. He just needs to get his ***** cut off. Can't reproduce that way.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM

Sorry! I didn't say it in this thread bud I'm not English speaker, I thought that was no big deal, are we talking about cars or spelling? anyways sorry about that
Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Spelling? No. The comment was about your complete lack of punctuation. Not using punctuation makes your post so much more difficult to read. Don't know where one thought ends and the next thought starts. Or if there was any thought at all.

Yes. We're talking about cars. But if it's hard to read what you wrote, then we aren't sure what the hell you're talking about in the first place.