300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

No Backup Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 AM

No Backup Lights

So are there any common problems with the reverse lights in these things? I can't find a fuse for them the bulbs aren't burnt out and ive checked what i could as far as the harness they run from... No other lights are out and no warning lamp on the dash for a burnt tail lamp... any help would be grately apreciated
Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 AM
The Good Twin

Check out the reverse switch unit & wiring on the tranny.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Is the switch on the tranny its self or mounted somewhere else?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 PM
The Good Twin

On the tranny

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Check out the reverse switch unit & wiring on the tranny.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:39 PM

Yo thanks for the smart *** answer man.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:47 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by akz31
Just trying to help.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 AM

Not his fault you couldn't read and comprehend.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM

its to bad everyone on this forum is more into talking **** and showing how much more they know than everyone else instead of just helping ppl... It's not just my thread... every thread on here is full of ppl talking down to everyone else and just plane being dicks. ef this forum.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

its to bad everyone on this forum is more into talking **** and showing how much more they know than everyone else instead of just helping ppl... It's not just my thread... every thread on here is full of ppl talking down to everyone else and just plane being dicks. ef this forum.
when did pointing out the fact that the question has already been answered equate to being a dick??

go to 300zxclub.com. no dicks over there . enjoy.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM

I love sarcasm. The "nice" forum is 88hybrid.com. I'm one of the moderators on 300zxclub.com. So I'm even more of a dick there.

WTF dude. You asked a question. He answered it. You didn't read the answer completely and asked a question he already answered. He then told you that he already told you. You got pissy.

What's wrong with you that you get pissed off because it was pointed out that you didn't read the answer the first time?
Old 08-18-2007, 04:32 PM

I totaly read the whole thing. The reason i asked was because i didnt know if he meant check the switch.

and then check the wiring on the trans. Thats why i asked if the switch was on the trans as well. Might have been a stupid question to you but sorry for not knowing.

But the whole idea of a forum is to help someone. not be a dick. So what if the question has been asked before like it hurts to just type the answer if u know it? Your already there... your already about to type "go look it up" so why not just be a nice guy and help out? Instead of talking **** and feeling good about yourself cause you showed you know more or you made someone feel less intelligent don't you think it would be better to feel like a nice guy that helped out?? Yeah i think ill stick to alaskamotorsports from now on though thanks for the other forums but trying to get help from ******** is like trying to get blood from a stone. Word
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i still fail to see how he was being a dick by answering your question.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:26 PM
The Good Twin

I totaly read the whole thing. The reason i asked was because i didnt know if he meant check the switch.

and then check the wiring on the trans. Thats why i asked if the switch was on the trans as well. Might have been a stupid question to you but sorry for not knowing.

But the whole idea of a forum is to help someone. not be a dick. So what if the question has been asked before like it hurts to just type the answer if u know it? Your already there... your already about to type "go look it up" so why not just be a nice guy and help out? Instead of talking **** and feeling good about yourself cause you showed you know more or you made someone feel less intelligent don't you think it would be better to feel like a nice guy that helped out?? Yeah i think ill stick to alaskamotorsports from now on though thanks for the other forums but trying to get help from ******** is like trying to get blood from a stone. Word

Wow... and more wow! You gotta be kiddin right? ALL I SAID WAS "On the tranny" and underlined it from my previous quote... and you get pissed because I answered your question? THE ONLY ONE TALKING **** IN THIS THREAD IS YOU. AZBum didn't even talk smack in his reply. You seriously need to chill. People (including myself) say "been asked before... use the search" because all questions have been asked before (which is to be expected for a 20+ year old car). We could have 70 threads (and we do because no one searches) asking "how do I turbo my car?" Why type a huge thread all over again if you can click a link and read it... maybe I just like to use my time wisely.

Anyway, if it will make you feel better, I'm sorry that I was an *** for clarifying an answer to your problem. BTW... did you check that switch?