female voice?? - ZDriver.com


300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
Atallo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
female voice??

I've heard of some z31's having a sexy female voice that warns you when your lights are on, doors open, etc.. my question to you all is, is this true? if so did it come factory on some models, or where can I get it? Any answers you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:58 AM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: CA
Posts: 7,727
Yeah sometimes they call them wifes or girlfriends.. j/k

I've never heard of them with womens voice but then again I could be wrong..
GodZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:01 PM   #3
artzx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
it's true

it gets on my nerves. it likes to talk too much some times. but yes, it is a female voice. it even tells you when your fuel level is low.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:38 PM   #4
AZ-ZBum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: female voice??

Quote:
Originally posted by Atallo
I've heard of some z31's having a sexy female voice that warns you when your lights are on, doors open, etc.. my question to you all is, is this true? if so did it come factory on some models, or where can I get it? Any answers you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.
LOL at the other guys....

Yes, all 1984-1986 300ZX models sold in the US had a voice warning system. Only the SF model (sold in Canada) did not have it. Most often, the voice no longer works because the aftermarket stereo was installed improperly and they bypassed the original voice unit. The voice unit is located above and behind the ECU in the passenger side kick panel. The sound ONLY comes out the front driver side speaker. To reactivate a bypassed voice, run the left front speaker wire to the two voice unit inputs. Then run the two outputs to the front left speaker.

When the voice is activated, the voice unit cuts the signal from the stereo and inserts it's own sound to the speaker.

The ONLY things it says are:
Left door is open.
Right door is open.
Parking break is on.
Lights are on. (saved me more than once)
Fuel level is low. (my favorite, and no, it doesn't continuously blab it. just 2 or 3 times)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #5
artzx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
yes, have to love the "lights are on"

Saved me too many times too. except when i put in the fog lights, i think i'm going to set it up so they will turn on witht he regular lights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 11:37 AM   #6
zstheday
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Have you ever seen what she looks like?


She's incredibly hot.......I dream about her nightly........sometimes my girlfriend get mad...........can't help it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:53 AM   #7
Mandilater
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Voice Warning System

You forgot she says rear hatch open...

I found out all these when I was jumping my car one time it just started talking scared the **** outa me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Leandro, California
Posts: 117
ive never heard that rear hatch one.....what year is yours? Ill have to test it. I couldve sword I have had the hatch open (unlatched) as I drive and she has never told me
86ZXTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:59 PM   #9
AZ-ZBum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Voice Warning System

Quote:
Originally posted by Mandilater
You forgot she says rear hatch open...

I found out all these when I was jumping my car one time it just started talking scared the **** outa me.
No, she does NOT say your hatch is open. And she doesn't say your key is in the ignition either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 07:28 PM   #10
PUTTER
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

My 84 300zx Ae Tells me things in a pretty female voice, such as your door is open on the drivers side, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 02:44 AM   #11
BreakbeatBob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
You only need to worry when...

I think you will only need to worry when it starts to insult you and then talk continuously about irrelevant crap, wait, sorry about that.
About the hatch being open, I am not quite sure about that, however if you do not close your hatch all the way, the force of the air should push it close.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 10:31 AM   #12
AZ-ZBum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: You only need to worry when...

Quote:
Originally posted by BreakbeatBob
I think you will only need to worry when it starts to insult you and then talk continuously about irrelevant crap, wait, sorry about that.
About the hatch being open, I am not quite sure about that, however if you do not close your hatch all the way, the force of the air should push it close.
If the force of the air pushes it closed, your hatch needs to be adjusted. It should be a little more difficult than that so you get a good seal and no rattles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 10:36 PM   #13
crash84na
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile a female in my z???

ok; so i've read all this and what you are saying is that i have a female voice in my Z just waiting to be let loose? and all i need to do is run four wires from my driver's door speaker(in the door) to some wiring that is under the dash on the passenger's side? one post said its two input and two output...how do i connect them to the speaker? that part i don't understand. and again, what wires do i look for under the dash? or are they behind the stereo?
thanks for the posts so far, and i hope someone can straighten it all out for me.


wait wait wait...just read AZ's psot again...AZ...i need to run two inputs from the STEREO into the female voice somewhere behind the ECU, which is in the passenger dash, and then output THOSE to the speaker?
Crash

Last edited by crash84na; 03-29-2003 at 10:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:24 PM   #14
AZ-ZBum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: a female in my z???

Quote:
Originally posted by crash84na
wait wait wait...just read AZ's psot again...AZ...i need to run two inputs from the STEREO into the female voice somewhere behind the ECU, which is in the passenger dash, and then output THOSE to the speaker?
Crash
Yep, That's exactly how it works.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:58 PM   #15
crash84na
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
cool...so how will i know what i am looking for? and where exactly will i find those two wires to run from the stereo to the female voice box?
thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 06:57 AM   #16
AZ-ZBum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by crash84na
cool...so how will i know what i am looking for? and where exactly will i find those two wires to run from the stereo to the female voice box?
thanks
Well, it's a little black box with a wiring harness attached to it. You'll probably have to remove the insulation to see it.

Where are the wires? Uhh.... they come out of the stereo. Use the wires for the front left speaker and run them to the input for the voice box. Then, from the voice box, grab the two output wires and run them to the speaker in the driver's side door.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 08:14 PM   #17
otherd
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: a female in my z???

Quote:
Originally posted by crash84na
ok; so i've read all this and what you are saying is that i have a female voice in my Z just waiting to be let loose? and all i need to do is run four wires from my driver's door speaker(in the door) to some wiring that is under the dash on the passenger's side? one post said its two input and two output...how do i connect them to the speaker? that part i don't understand. and again, what wires do i look for under the dash? or are they behind the stereo?
thanks for the posts so far, and i hope someone can straighten it all out for me.


wait wait wait...just read AZ's psot again...AZ...i need to run two inputs from the STEREO into the female voice somewhere behind the ECU, which is in the passenger dash, and then output THOSE to the speaker?
Crash
Isn't it the dash speaker? Sounds like it in mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:07 AM   #18
AZ-ZBum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
the dash speakers don't play low enough to hear the voice. it's in your door.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 05:39 AM   #19
OmicroN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

My friend's 1986 300zx T has the female voice, it can be annoying at times, even more so when your "fuel level is low." It's a neat feature and I wish my car would have it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
It's real

Mine has it. It's real.
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 47
It just reads a EPROM chip, you should be able to be re-recorded.

The voice isnt bad, its the dam DING before it speaks that drives me crazy.

Wish she could tell me whats wrong with my car, that would be nice.
DREAMYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for female cammer 18-30yrs old biftsclnt The Lounge (Off Topic) 9 09-25-2008 03:05 PM
Abortion! Female Presidents! Now This! thetremendousti The Lounge (Off Topic) 26 12-16-2007 09:00 PM
passenger side female end seatbelt? anyone? gabrielzzz 280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior 17 12-06-2005 04:58 PM
Where is the female/female brake line on a 280ZX??? Arro 280ZX Performance / Technical 3 03-28-2005 12:00 PM
Calling all female Z drivers! Tere 300ZX (Z32) Forums 1 06-20-2003 11:36 AM


Bookmarks

Tags
1986, 300zx, box, boxes, feminine, located, nissan, removal, system, unit, vioce, voice, warning, z31, zstheday

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2014 ZDRIVER.COM All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.