ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z31) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-forums-8/)
-   -   female voice?? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-forums-8/female-voice-4717/)

Atallo 03-12-2003 11:28 PM

female voice??

I've heard of some z31's having a sexy female voice that warns you when your lights are on, doors open, etc.. my question to you all is, is this true? if so did it come factory on some models, or where can I get it? Any answers you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.

GodZilla 03-13-2003 01:58 AM

Yeah sometimes they call them wifes or girlfriends.. j/k

I've never heard of them with womens voice but then again I could be wrong..

artzx 03-13-2003 12:01 PM

it's true

it gets on my nerves. it likes to talk too much some times. but yes, it is a female voice. it even tells you when your fuel level is low.

AZ-ZBum 03-13-2003 06:38 PM

Re: female voice??

Originally posted by Atallo
I've heard of some z31's having a sexy female voice that warns you when your lights are on, doors open, etc.. my question to you all is, is this true? if so did it come factory on some models, or where can I get it? Any answers you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.
LOL at the other guys....

Yes, all 1984-1986 300ZX models sold in the US had a voice warning system. Only the SF model (sold in Canada) did not have it. Most often, the voice no longer works because the aftermarket stereo was installed improperly and they bypassed the original voice unit. The voice unit is located above and behind the ECU in the passenger side kick panel. The sound ONLY comes out the front driver side speaker. To reactivate a bypassed voice, run the left front speaker wire to the two voice unit inputs. Then run the two outputs to the front left speaker.

When the voice is activated, the voice unit cuts the signal from the stereo and inserts it's own sound to the speaker.

The ONLY things it says are:
Left door is open.
Right door is open.
Parking break is on.
Lights are on. (saved me more than once)
Fuel level is low. (my favorite, and no, it doesn't continuously blab it. just 2 or 3 times)

artzx 03-14-2003 11:26 AM

yes, have to love the "lights are on"

Saved me too many times too. except when i put in the fog lights, i think i'm going to set it up so they will turn on witht he regular lights.

zstheday 03-20-2003 10:37 AM

Have you ever seen what she looks like?

She's incredibly hot.......I dream about her nightly........sometimes my girlfriend get mad...........can't help it.

Mandilater 03-21-2003 08:53 AM

Voice Warning System

You forgot she says rear hatch open...

I found out all these when I was jumping my car one time it just started talking scared the **** outa me.

86ZXTurbo 03-21-2003 09:21 AM

ive never heard that rear hatch one.....what year is yours? Ill have to test it. I couldve sword I have had the hatch open (unlatched) as I drive and she has never told me

AZ-ZBum 03-21-2003 04:59 PM

Re: Voice Warning System

Originally posted by Mandilater
You forgot she says rear hatch open...

I found out all these when I was jumping my car one time it just started talking scared the **** outa me.

No, she does NOT say your hatch is open. And she doesn't say your key is in the ignition either.

PUTTER 03-22-2003 06:28 PM

My 84 300zx Ae Tells me things in a pretty female voice, such as your door is open on the drivers side, etc.

BreakbeatBob 03-23-2003 01:44 AM

You only need to worry when...

I think you will only need to worry when it starts to insult you and then talk continuously about irrelevant crap, wait, sorry about that.
About the hatch being open, I am not quite sure about that, however if you do not close your hatch all the way, the force of the air should push it close.

AZ-ZBum 03-23-2003 09:31 AM

Re: You only need to worry when...

Originally posted by BreakbeatBob
I think you will only need to worry when it starts to insult you and then talk continuously about irrelevant crap, wait, sorry about that.
About the hatch being open, I am not quite sure about that, however if you do not close your hatch all the way, the force of the air should push it close.

If the force of the air pushes it closed, your hatch needs to be adjusted. It should be a little more difficult than that so you get a good seal and no rattles.

crash84na 03-29-2003 09:36 PM

a female in my z???

ok; so i've read all this and what you are saying is that i have a female voice in my Z just waiting to be let loose? and all i need to do is run four wires from my driver's door speaker(in the door) to some wiring that is under the dash on the passenger's side? one post said its two input and two output...how do i connect them to the speaker? that part i don't understand. and again, what wires do i look for under the dash? or are they behind the stereo?
thanks for the posts so far, and i hope someone can straighten it all out for me.

wait wait wait...just read AZ's psot again...AZ...i need to run two inputs from the STEREO into the female voice somewhere behind the ECU, which is in the passenger dash, and then output THOSE to the speaker?
Crash

AZ-ZBum 03-29-2003 10:24 PM

Re: a female in my z???

Originally posted by crash84na
wait wait wait...just read AZ's psot again...AZ...i need to run two inputs from the STEREO into the female voice somewhere behind the ECU, which is in the passenger dash, and then output THOSE to the speaker?
Crash

Yep, That's exactly how it works.

crash84na 03-29-2003 10:58 PM

cool...so how will i know what i am looking for? and where exactly will i find those two wires to run from the stereo to the female voice box?
thanks

AZ-ZBum 03-30-2003 05:57 AM

cool...so how will i know what i am looking for? and where exactly will i find those two wires to run from the stereo to the female voice box?
thanks

Well, it's a little black box with a wiring harness attached to it. You'll probably have to remove the insulation to see it.

Where are the wires? Uhh.... they come out of the stereo. Use the wires for the front left speaker and run them to the input for the voice box. Then, from the voice box, grab the two output wires and run them to the speaker in the driver's side door.

otherd 04-12-2003 07:14 PM

Re: a female in my z???

ok; so i've read all this and what you are saying is that i have a female voice in my Z just waiting to be let loose? and all i need to do is run four wires from my driver's door speaker(in the door) to some wiring that is under the dash on the passenger's side? one post said its two input and two output...how do i connect them to the speaker? that part i don't understand. and again, what wires do i look for under the dash? or are they behind the stereo?
thanks for the posts so far, and i hope someone can straighten it all out for me.

Crash

Isn't it the dash speaker? Sounds like it in mine.

AZ-ZBum 04-12-2003 11:07 PM

the dash speakers don't play low enough to hear the voice. it's in your door.

OmicroN 04-16-2003 04:39 AM

My friend's 1986 300zx T has the female voice, it can be annoying at times, even more so when your "fuel level is low." It's a neat feature and I wish my car would have it.

Cougar 07-16-2017 06:55 PM

It's real

Mine has it. It's real.

DREAMYZ 07-21-2017 05:14 PM

It just reads a EPROM chip, you should be able to be re-recorded.

The voice isnt bad, its the dam DING before it speaks that drives me crazy.

Wish she could tell me whats wrong with my car, that would be nice.

dixontaravess 02-09-2022 09:39 AM

I once dated a Fench guy. They are very indecisive in matters of meeting girls. But cheers! equality gives you a unique chance to get to know the man you like on your own. And the brain brought up by the feminist mother does not perceive this as something out of the ordinary, the girls have the same rights to the first step. So if they don't text https://datehookup.dating/singles-tx-fort_worth-5.htm me first, no problems, I can do it myself