300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

1988 300zx z-31 ( shiro ) ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:03 AM

1988 300zx z-31 ( shiro ) ?

Hey people yall arnt gonna belive this there is a guy in my home town selling a 1988 300zx z-31 turbo 2 seater for 1,500 dollars it has MINOR side wipe on the passenger door... i dont know if its worth it or not yall need to help me out hear and tell me more about the z-31... all i have is 280zx's and 1990's 300zx let me know ASAP !!!
p.s. i dont know if its the rare shiro people have talked about in the past ?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Doesn't post much...

The chances of that car actually being a Shiro are pretty slim. Is it white? First of all, if it was a Shiro, the guy would market it as such (Because nobody that owns one is unaware of how rare they are). Second, as we all saw from the "Z Hawk" and "280ZXR" auctions on ebay... people that think they have a rare or collectible car will ask outrageous amounts of money for them. At 1500 bucks, it's a pretty safe bet that it's not a Shiro. If it turns out to be one though... Give me his phone number ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Rod.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:41 PM

how do i tell if its a shiro ? or anyting really special i was told already that its a digital dash with a manual tranny turbo v-6 ? it looks really sweet but i thought 1,500 dollars for it is a bargin with only 100,000 miles on it ,,, what do yall think let know ASAP even if i have to sell one of my own ********* for 1,500 dollars LOL
Old 01-14-2006, 06:31 PM

you can go to azbum.com and find out if it is. you will need the vin number.. I have a shiro and it is #600 out of the 1,002 produced. the list one azbum's website will tell you what number it is.. oh yeah, i baught my shiro for 1,100.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:34 PM

the shiro also has factory recarro racing seats, it is pearl white whith black interior, and has a viscous limited slip rear end. you can check for the rear end and see if there cooling fins on it. shiro's don't have andything digital, it is all analog.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:42 AM

woa, I think I got one, it has cooling fins, and has a pump that forced the fluid from the diff into a cooler. it also has a cooler for the power steering I think?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:49 PM

ok i went to go check out the car with a maganfing glass today NO JOKE i looked under neath it and there is a huge differently with huge fins NO JOKE i looked inside the car and there seats i have never seen before on a z alomst like the 1984 50th anv. ed. 300zx z-31 i got the vin number were do i go to find out if its a SHIRO ? p.s. it needs about 1000 dollars worth of work i do belive the passenger door was side swiped and its pretty badly dented in. the steering pump and rack na pinoin need to be replaced. everything else looks GREAT !!! OMG IM IN LOVE !!!! i wish i could have her ... =-( but i told GOLD280zx hear on zdriuver that she can have the sweet car ( GOLD 280zx ) my g.f..... argh i wish i have 1,500 dollars,,, lol
Old 01-15-2006, 06:19 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.ss.registry.shtml

this will answer all questions as to whether or not its a shiro.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:16 AM

woa, I think those are fighting words...fight fight fight, but really this is not the place to be fighting, plus fighting online is just plain childish, seriously, would it have hurt that much if the truth was not told? seriously think before you act
Old 01-18-2006, 09:07 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by WolfMan
but really this is not the place to be fighting, plus fighting online is just plain childish, seriously, would it have hurt that much if the truth was not told? seriously think before you act
exactly. dont start anything here or i'll cut you off in a heartbeat. take it to another forum.

thanks,
your friendly neighborhood moderator.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:33 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 83280zx
i was the one who showed him and told him about the 300zx if u dont believe me ask the pple who told me about it i wasnt going to tell him bc he never tells the truth about who finds what and is gong to buy what if it wasnt for me he would have never even knew about that 88 300zx but i just needed to tell the turth even tho if u want to believe him thats kool but we really know whos buying it and who found it and he didnt give me the car to buy i told him i didnt care what he said i was buying it for myself. thank you ivy.

I'm trying to de-cipher that huge un-punctuated story... so it's not a Shiro? and who IS buying it?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:42 AM

I think it had something to do with a m5 losing, i think
Old 01-18-2006, 12:01 PM
The Good Twin

I think it had something to do with a m5 losing, i think

LoL... musta been Wolfman's Z!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Its not a shiro the car has major issues... its gonna need a new rack and pinion steering plus the pump and the speedomiter doesnt work. the guys asking 1,500 dollars for a car thats about to break and p,s, dont mind IVY shes mad at me right now... ( thats hwta i get for selling some one my prized 1983 280zx n/a for 500 dollars...
Old 01-21-2006, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
The chances of that car actually being a Shiro are pretty slim.
Why?
Is it white? First of all, if it was a Shiro, the guy would market it as such (Because nobody that owns one is unaware of how rare they are).
There are plenty of people who don't give a damn about the car they drive. The Z31 is such a cheap car with a decent performance that it's not even respected among all the owners. Just because you and I know what it is doesn't mean that every owner knows what it is.
Second, as we all saw from the "Z Hawk" and "280ZXR" auctions on ebay... people that think they have a rare or collectible car will ask outrageous amounts of money for them.
Then again, people who don't know, won't.
At 1500 bucks, it's a pretty safe bet that it's not a Shiro.
Maybe. Or, it could be just a raging pile of junk. A wrecked car isn't worth squat, no matter what the rarity of it is.
If it turns out to be one though... Give me his phone number ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Rod.
Heh.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
Why?There are plenty of people who don't give a damn about the car they drive. The Z31 is such a cheap car with a decent performance that it's not even respected among all the owners. Just because you and I know what it is doesn't mean that every owner knows what it is.Then again, people who don't know, won't.Maybe. Or, it could be just a raging pile of junk. A wrecked car isn't worth squat, no matter what the rarity of it is.Heh.

where you just mad today? Or did you need a pick me up?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:35 PM

where you just mad today? Or did you need a pick me up?
Annoyed would be more the correct term.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
Why?There are plenty of people who don't give a damn about the car they drive. The Z31 is such a cheap car with a decent performance that it's not even respected among all the owners. Just because you and I know what it is doesn't mean that every owner knows what it is.Then again, people who don't know, won't.Maybe. Or, it could be just a raging pile of junk. A wrecked car isn't worth squat, no matter what the rarity of it is.Heh.
Q: Why? A: because Shiro's are in fact... Rare. As for the next item in your querry/statement... you and I both know that 90% of people that own a Shiro KNOW they own a Shiro and not just an average Z31. There may be the occasional poor soul who doesn't know what they have, but those people are about as rare as the Shiro itself. From homeboys first post, he described the car as sounding to be in pretty good shape... It was later that details of it's raggedness appeared. Did you see the "Z Hawk" and "280ZXR" posts from a while back where people were asking ludicrous amounts of money for "rare" cars that were steaming piles of dookie? It's a fact that a sucker is born every minute. It's also a fact that there's always someone trying to take advantage of that sucker. 1500 bucks for a beat up Shiro could be too much to pay, but remember... We didn't know it was beat up until after that post. I agree that there seems to be little rhyme or reason to Z31 pricing. I see prime examples going for next to nothing and flaming turds that are trying to be sold at outrageously high prices. Still, if you stick within the "norm", 1500 For what was initially described sounded like a fair deal at the time... Shiro or not. Hey, I understand that there are days when you feel like you just have to be argumentative, but please... there was nothing in that post of mine that really warranted that much scrutiny was there? I was making observations and statements based on the limited amount of information available and trying to add a realistic element to the possibility that our fellow ZDriver was going to get a nice Shiro for cheap. If you must place blame... I suggest going back to the thread originator. I was not trying to rain on anybody's parade, I was simply trying to acquire more facts and try to sort out the unsurety by using a process of elimination based around fairly standard "Shiro" guidelines. Sorry it ruined your day big guy. ... ... ... Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 01-21-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:04 PM

Q: Why? A: because Shiro's are in fact... Rare. As for the next item in your querry/statement... you and I both know that 90% of people that own a Shiro KNOW they own a Shiro and not just an average Z31. There may be the occasional poor soul who doesn't know what they have, but those people are about as rare as the Shiro itself. From homeboys first post, he described the car as sounding to be in pretty good shape... It was later that details of it's raggedness appeared. Did you see the "Z Hawk" and "280ZXR" posts from a while back where people were asking ludicrous amounts of money for "rare" cars that were steaming piles of dookie? It's a fact that a sucker is born every minute. It's also a fact that there's always someone trying to take advantage of that sucker. 1500 bucks for a beat up Shiro could be too much to pay, but remember... We didn't know it was beat up until after that post. I agree that there seems to be little rhyme or reason to Z31 pricing. I see prime examples going for next to nothing and flaming turds that are trying to be sold at outrageously high prices. Still, if you stick within the "norm", 1500 For what was initially described sounded like a fair deal at the time... Shiro or not. Hey, I understand that there are days when you feel like you just have to be argumentative, but please... there was nothing in that post of mine that really warranted that much scrutiny was there? I was making observations and statements based on the limited amount of information available and trying to add a realistic element to the possibility that our fellow ZDriver was going to get a nice Shiro for cheap. If you must place blame... I suggest going back to the thread originator. I was not trying to rain on anybody's parade, I was simply trying to acquire more facts and try to sort out the unsurety by using a process of elimination based around fairly standard "Shiro" guidelines. Sorry it ruined your day big guy. ... ... ... Rod.
Yeah. I just came home a bit annoyed last night. I'd read this post a few days ago and was annoyed by some of the statements made, but refrained from posting. Last night just brought it all together. No hard feelings.

BTW: There are a ton of owners out there who think they own special editions because the dealer told them so when they sold it. And then that propogates to the next owner and so on. You wouldn't believe all the number of people who think they drive 50th Anniversary Editions. Now THAT is annoying.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:12 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

zbum is always bitter and grouchy. i've come to realise and accept this as the norm. yeah, it does get old sometimes, however, he does command a vast wealth of z31 knowledge, and as such, i have learned to take him with a grain of salt. i'm with rod on this one though. everything he said was valid, even if zbum dissagreed. but whatever, it's not a shiro, so no big deal.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Doesn't post much...

It's all good, I wasn't upset or anything. I know ZBum can be a little harsh at times. No biggie. I just wanted to clarify my points from earlier because I thought they had been taken out of context. ZBum is the most knowledgeable Z31 person I know of so I certainly wouldn't engage him in a debate over anything technical about that car. I only have limited experience with them. He's the man. ... ... ... ... Rod.