280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Why I hate ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Doesn't post much...

Why I hate ebay

OK, so once again an ebay trasaction has gone sideways. The guy I bought my tinted headlight covers from doesn't take paypal or credit cards, Money orders or personal checks only (Shipping to be witheld pending clearance of personal checks). My auction ended a week ago Saturday. So, on Monday I went and got a money order and mailed to the guy. He's only about a hundred miles away so he got the payment on Tuesday. He waits until Thursday to ship the parts. UPS ground from LA to me is ALWAYS next day. I check the tracking number friday afternoon and it say's "Out for delivery"... Hmm Should have already been here then because my UPS guy is like clockwork. He's here at 11-11:30 AM everyday. Then, I notice that on the tracking page it say's it arrived in San Diego at 6:15 AM Friday. WTF? I think to myself. It should have never gone to San Diego. It should have gone through the San Marcos processing center which is only about 5 miles from me. It bypassed SM and went 35 miles further away to SD.

I call a buddy who works for UPS and ask him if that's normal. "No, it should have never gone to SD unless it had the wrong zip code on it" he assured me. Damn it. So I email the seller and ask what zip code he used and explain why. He finally emails me back and tells me that the zip was right but that he had put the wrong street number on it. Now it is lost in the matrix. Dumb *** SOB. He had no less than 3 instances of my correct address. 1. My ebay account info. 2. The money order I sent him had my address on it, and 3. The envelope I sent it in had my address on it. Oh yeah, I also emailed him my address to make sure he had it right when I won the auction so that's 4 instances of the correct address for the moron to go from. Well, UPS has been and gone today with no package for me. Nobody seems to know where my stuff is and the seller is like "Uh sorry?" Nice. No telling when or if I'll get my parts.

I HATE EBAY!

Rod.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:34 PM

Two Words: That SUCKS. I was looking for to the pics with those things installed too.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Doesn't post much...

Yeah, I'm really pissed right now. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity. How the Hell could that guy get it wrong by TWO NUMBERS when he had 4 things in front of him with the right address? I'm half tempted to take a drive up to LA and open up a can of whopp ***.

Rod.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:15 PM

if something like that happens when im selling a package...i just refund the money and shipping due to being my stupidity this way i keep the other person happy and my comments positive...

but yeah damn that sucks...
Old 12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I'm half tempted to take a drive up to LA and open up a can of whopp ***.

Request his info from ebay asap, before he has time to change it. Then if you do need to pay him a visit, you can do so. I also have access to SkipTracing at my work, so if you really gotta hunt this guy down, I can help.

BTW... what's this guy's ebay name?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Even though Paypal is a scam I will not bid on ANYTHING unl;ess paypal is accepted.. At least if I dont hear from them in 2 days I call paypal and freeze there account until I get my ****.. If you wait 3 days the money could be gone..
Old 12-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Doesn't post much...

Having a friend who works for UPS is a really good thing. I called him up again a while ago and told him what was going on. He called my driver (who is a friend of his) and asked him if that package was on his truck. He said "Yeah, but it's a bad address". So, my buddy told him what had happened... I have my headlight covers now. The dude had my name spelled wrong, bad address, plus... UPS themselves screwed up and sent it through SD instead of SM (Turns out the zip code was right). Bottom line though is that I finally got them and they are going on the car in about 20 minutes

Rod.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
they are going on the car in about 20 minutes
Lets see some PICS..
Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM

hehehe yup...i have a set of smoked and clear...
ill paint one set black to match the car and keep one set clear for night driving and put on all black for screwing around during day or maybe car meets and such..

but yeah PICS!!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:22 PM

cool. That's good to hear rod.

Hey s/c, you realize you've got two cars in your sig and neither ones a Z
Old 12-06-2005, 10:59 AM

I just ordered the new MSA headlights and a set of clear headlight covers (an hour ago)... it'll take about a week to ship. i'm told.

If i prefer the clear lens covers, i might just give you the tinted ones i have now... minus shipping charges...EDIT: NEVER MIND... I REREAD THAT YOU GOT EM!

As far as EBAY. my '76 corvette arrived 2 weeks ago from California and the bastard lied about the 'perfect condition' of the paint. Some weird white spots over the entire hood & surface of fenders... like someone poured 'Bleach' on it...(no offense to admin.) some cracks in the rear hatch as well.
...but gotta spend some money next year on this "absolutely perfect vintage corvette" instead of on my 280zx.

Ebay has great opportunities and finds but its the dishonesty of some people that can make it shitty.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:04 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 280gty
Ebay has great opportunities and finds but its the dishonesty of some people that can make it shitty.
True true... tho the more knowledged you are about the item you're buying, & the seller, the less of a chance you'll get scammed.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by 280gty
If i prefer the clear lens covers, i might just give you the tinted ones i have now... minus shipping charges...EDIT: NEVER MIND... I REREAD THAT YOU GOT EM!
If you still want to get rid of them for the shipping cost then hey hey hey... I'm in the market
Old 12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Doesn't post much...

Hey wait! I had first dibs!!! I would love a set of clear ones too. That way I could switch them at will.

Rod.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:48 PM

I think it was the TINTED ones he was offering you That's what you already got right?

So, if the offer still stands...
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Doesn't post much...

Oh yeah, never mind

Rod.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 PM

Funny - I bid on those too and didn't get them, so I bid on the next set and got those. I didn't realize he didn't do Paypal either, so I hope mine get to me - don't have a friend at UPS to check with!!