280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Selling

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:53 PM

Selling

Well I'm going to sell my 280zx. I figured it's just not worth it for such a piece of crap car to begin with. I don't think I'll be doing much tinkering with anymore Z's. Maybe grab me an RX-7 or something like that. Just start fresh. I'm just too damn frustrated with these cars. I encourage you all to do the same if you wish to retain your sanity.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:58 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Well I'm going to sell my 280zx. I figured it's just not worth it for such a piece of crap car to begin with. I don't think I'll be doing much tinkering with anymore Z's. Maybe grab me an RX-7 or something like that. Just start fresh. I'm just too damn frustrated with these cars. I encourage you all to do the same if you wish to retain your sanity.
I was about to give you the biggest BOOOOO!!!! ever, but then I remembered APRIL BLOODY FOOLS!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I do hope this is a April fool's joke J, or I might have to go knock some sense into you.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Big Poppa

april fools? whats that?, we dont have that in canada
Old 04-02-2006, 01:28 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

hahaha, had me for a sec. then i remembered that earlier at work today we wrapped a few peoples cars with that heavy duty pallet shrink wrap. used a couple rolls of that stuff. and filled one guys pickup bed with like 100 balloons.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:27 AM

Hey it's April Fools day, I couldn't just let that one get away
Old 04-02-2006, 11:44 AM
NisTuner

when he said he encouraged us all to do the same. I knew it had to be a joke.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:43 PM

Oh no, no. I was only joking about the RX-7 part. I'm still serious about selling and encouraging you guys all to do the same
Old 04-02-2006, 06:10 PM

Ha! Good one!
You almost had me there.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:10 PM

I must apologize. My crazy alter ego must've gotten the better of me and typed all this gibberish.
Bad alter ego. Bad
Old 04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
NisTuner

That's one Alter-ego Maniac I must say.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:36 PM

This is for Shady:

"Unlike most of the other nonfoolish holidays, the history of April Fool's Day, sometimes called All Fool's Day, is not totally clear. There really wasn't a "first April Fool's Day" that can be pinpointed on the calendar. Some believe it sort of evolved simultaneously in several cultures at the same time, from celebrations involving the first day of spring.

The closest point in time that can be identified as the beginning of this tradition was in 1582, in France. Prior to that year, the new year was celebrated for eight days, beginning on March 25. The celebration culminated on April 1. With the reform of the calendar under Charles IX, the Gregorian Calendar was introduced, and New Year's Day was moved to January 1.

However, communications being what they were in the days when news traveled by foot, many people did not receive the news for several years. Others, the more obstinate crowd, refused to accept the new calendar and continued to celebrate the new year on April 1. These backward folk were labeled as "fools" by the general populace. They were subject to some ridicule, and were often sent on "fools errands" or were made the butt of other practical jokes.

This harassment evolved, over time, into a tradition of prank-playing on the first day of April. The tradition eventually spread to England and Scotland in the eighteenth century. It was later introduced to the American colonies of both the English and French. April Fool's Day thus developed into an international fun fest, so to speak, with different nationalities specializing in their own brand of humor at the expense of their friends and families.

In Scotland, for example, April Fool's Day is actually celebrated for two days. The second day is devoted to pranks involving the posterior region of the body. It is called Taily Day. The origin of the "kick me" sign can be traced to this observance.

Mexico's counterpart of April Fool's Day is actually observed on December 28. Originally, the day was a sad remembrance of the slaughter of the innocent children by King Herod. It eventually evolved into a lighter commemoration involving pranks and trickery.

Pranks performed on April Fool's Day range from the simple, (such as saying, "Your shoe's untied!), to the elaborate. Setting a roommate's alarm clock back an hour is a common gag. Whatever the prank, the trickster usually ends it by yelling to his victim, "April Fool!"

Practical jokes are a common practice on April Fool's Day. Sometimes, elaborate practical jokes are played on friends or relatives that last the entire day. The news media even gets involved. For instance, a British short film once shown on April Fool's Day was a fairly detailed documentary about "spaghetti farmers" and how they harvest their crop from the spaghetti trees.

April Fool's Day is a "for-fun-only" observance. Nobody is expected to buy gifts or to take their "significant other" out to eat in a fancy restaurant. Nobody gets off work or school. It's simply a fun little holiday, but a holiday on which one must remain forever vigilant, for he may be the next April Fool!"
Old 04-02-2006, 09:14 PM

Sorry, But that is just to much reading for me at this time
Old 04-02-2006, 09:15 PM

Thanks Carl. I've often wondered what the point of April fools day was but never actually took the time to look it up. Well now I know.