links
ect you guys are smart enough to know wat im looking for
links to info and options

Links would b greatly app

Last edited by 87pyro3; 11-20-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: new title
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Searching isn't hard at all... just type in some words (correct spelling is a must... that might be your problem) in that blank above and click on the red SEARCH button.

Click: http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/default.php
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 AM

i know how to work it but i do have a huge spelling problem lol but thanks

wat i really was looking for info on wat cars i can swap things from
im wanting to run in drift and auto x events so a good suspension set up is a must

and are 240z 260z 280z parts swapable cuz tech tune has upper and lower a arms
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 87pyro3
i do have a huge spelling problem
Ya know... Firefox has a spell check built in! Technology is pretty snazzy these days.

Click: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/just-foar-teh-lulz-28955/
Old 11-13-2011, 05:03 PM

nice links

but still need better info on compatibality
Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM
The Good Twin

I won't spend hours listing every single part... I also can't spoon feed you forever. Feel free to download the S30 and S130 FSM's. The pictures themselves will show you what is compatible and not.

www.xenons30.com/reference

www.xenons130.com/reference
Old 11-13-2011, 10:20 PM

i fond some interesting suspension ideas here
http://www.arizonazcar.com/
but it's expensive, isn't it?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:01 AM

parts look amazing with no doubt quality parts in most cases willwood breaks! waut!!!
but price is OUT RAGIOUS on most parts at least
but i own a 81 zx not 70-78z's the rear isnt compatible not enen close lol altho the front looks close maby im completly wrong
and their coil over kit is a joke lower a arms look too weak for my taste looks like the adjustable collars will snap
but they look like a over the top priced version of T3
( Techno Toy Tuning ) which there parts look like they wer made to take the abuse lol and their controle arms are really worth 200 a set

Last edited by 87pyro3; 11-14-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

parts look amazing with no doubt quality parts in most cases willwood breaks! waut!!!
but price is OUT RAGIOUS on most parts at least
but i own a 81 zx not 70-78z's the rear isnt compatible not enen close lol altho the front looks close maby im completly wrong
and their coil over kit is a joke lower a arms look too weak for my taste looks like the adjustable collars will snap
but they look like a over the top priced version of T3
( Techno Toy Tuning ) which there parts look like they wer made to take the abuse lol and their controle arms are really worth 200 a set
Spelling is a life skill. People are more than willing to help out - just don't be so lazy that you can't be bothered to figure the easy stuff out for yourself. Put in a little effort and you'll get good results from both the search function as well as the people in the know.

Arizona Z has some nice stuff but barely anything for the S130. Arizona Z stuff isn't going to snap - check out the rally cars with their stuff on it....

T3 has some really nice stuff for the S130. In fact I'd go as far as to say that I think everything they have is worth getting for the S130 depending on what mods you need of course.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 AM

ive searched and searched with little reward ive ben creaping for some time lol

the s13/s14/z32 rear end is covered but not well enough to let me know what is the real problem and what is truly needed

and most always people are just happy with springs and struts or a coil over strut combo but after i owned a mr2 fully preped for track and street
nothing has the feel of a good suspension set up
i love the feeling of being able to feel the paint strips in the road with out that it dosent feel right tuned right the feeling of being able to **** on corners with your rear wheel is still something i loved to do should have never sold my rx7

a good friend of mine is sending me info on s14 complete swap but still wainting on that

the car is my dd till spring when i can give her the time and att she really needs
so if i wer to swap out the suspension id kinda need to plan far far ahead and have everything lined up to do a weekend adventure under my car!

and yes i know my spelling is horrible
dont hate cuz im the new guy. truly look at the amount of new posts concerning the suspension set up strictly for s130.... if it was covered thourogh enough some1 would have stickyed it. lol then presto no more stupid post on suspension. Just saying. there has to b a how to and how much sticky some wer. thats all i was looking for.. reading something from somewer else isnt a problem. spoon feeding isnt wat i was wanting either just a link

once i get a concept of wat to do and how is when the more detailed side of my thinking comes into play. as for now no springs and struts that isnt good enough for me i want something better

t3 weldable plates and custome designed 3 point strut bars are already in the works along with a possible Monster l28eT build or rb26det slightly modded still compareing numbers but none of that makes a lick of a diffrence if i cant put it to the ground so being able to find out the bigger stuff isnt hard to research but suspension seems to b a little on the lack ther of side maby its just the platform idk

thank for the help some of the links already provided have lead me to search diffrent areas to come up with diffrent ideas else wer on the car lol

one of them being O.S Giken TC24-B1 twin cam head conversion but only 11 produced so ther is a never happening high hope for me
Old 11-15-2011, 01:15 AM

it's hard for me to recommend you something because my technical english is not so good))
I'm in proccess of restoration of my 79 fairlady z (JDM). I'm trying to build a street/race car that will be comfortable enough for every day ride. What I bought :
Polyurethane Total Kit
k-sport gt-pro coilovers
new stock ball joints, tie rod ends
also i'm going to swap S30 brake kit
engine works - 3.1 liter stroker with weber triple carb
look for engine parts at kameariusa.com
Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 AM

i heard that the k sport coils you had to modify in order to use????

and even tho kameri has amazing parts if you use ur thinking cap a lil you can pice togather and make your own kit for way under half of what they are asking come on 6k for a crank that sells for 400 dollars take same said crank get it fully ballanced and polished and presto 81mm stroker crank for under 1k find and source h beam rods from your likeing of manufacturers 4 to 800 ka24de pistions are same pin size 300 to 800 just make sure to account for travel hight wer as not to b pinging up against your valves and having to start all over bearings rings ect total maby 3k bullet proff bottom end for 1/4 wat they offer

my plans is a turboed 3.1 stroker details still being worked out
and or the rb26det still deciding trying compare figures of hp availability vrs money but rb keeps looking better n better per money invested
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 AM

k-sport coilovers have to be welded to the hub
I know about diesel maxima crank, 240z rods and silvia's pistons, but it's not easy to find used part in a good condition when you live IN RUSSIA)))
the most expensive part of my restoration is SHIPPING
Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 AM

well hello ther mr or mis russia
well ther has to b a internet bassed company in japan? or china?
not sure how things work over ther between countries linked togather but shipping isnt all that bad for us here from over sea's i can ge a complete car shipped for about 1.5k to my door from japan if you think about the weight ratio to cost things arnt that bad
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 AM

go through ebay and see what you can find, for coils that actually have decent rates, you can mod s13 coils or get shitty valved ksports or D2s. as far as other stuff you really dont have much room for options the car is a dying model. there are strut tower bars for it, as well as sways and poly bushings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coil...w=1680&bih=935

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PSDC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380348906693...84.m1438.l2649

for better control and feedback if you dont already have a manual steering rack (note you will have to change the crossmember) go to a wrecking yard and rip one out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380176674813...84.m1438.l2649

this is what I've found with one night of searching its not difficult
the platform I've discovered is not as good as even the S30, if you want a car with good suspension and a lot of parts available go get a beater s13 or ae86, hell a Mk2 or mk3 supra would be better as well.
If youre dead set on keeping the s130 (like me) then i will continue
As far as engines go RB26 and RB25 (note: RB25 has not been done much and there are zero writeups on the swap-go to a z specialst who can weld) are heavy and your suspension better compensate for it especially with solo2 events, Im going SR20 for my S130 because of the gas mileage and the cost, weight, parts, etc. you could also go v8 with a 327 or 350 or even 351 and have instant power at your disposal for drifting. the stroker 3.1 I don't know much about but there are plenty of threads here that talk a fair bit about it

It all depends on your application and what you will be doing more of, budget might also be a consideration

Last edited by Tsuka89; 11-15-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

ive searched and searched with little reward ive ben creaping for some time lol

the s13/s14/z32 rear end is covered but not well enough to let me know what is the real problem and what is truly needed

and most always people are just happy with springs and struts or a coil over strut combo but after i owned a mr2 fully preped for track and street
nothing has the feel of a good suspension set up
i love the feeling of being able to feel the paint strips in the road with out that it dosent feel right tuned right the feeling of being able to **** on corners with your rear wheel is still something i loved to do should have never sold my rx7

a good friend of mine is sending me info on s14 complete swap but still wainting on that

the car is my dd till spring when i can give her the time and att she really needs
so if i wer to swap out the suspension id kinda need to plan far far ahead and have everything lined up to do a weekend adventure under my car!

and yes i know my spelling is horrible
dont hate cuz im the new guy. truly look at the amount of new posts concerning the suspension set up strictly for s130.... if it was covered thourogh enough some1 would have stickyed it. lol then presto no more stupid post on suspension. Just saying. there has to b a how to and how much sticky some wer. thats all i was looking for.. reading something from somewer else isnt a problem. spoon feeding isnt wat i was wanting either just a link

once i get a concept of wat to do and how is when the more detailed side of my thinking comes into play. as for now no springs and struts that isnt good enough for me i want something better

t3 weldable plates and custome designed 3 point strut bars are already in the works along with a possible Monster l28eT build or rb26det slightly modded still compareing numbers but none of that makes a lick of a diffrence if i cant put it to the ground so being able to find out the bigger stuff isnt hard to research but suspension seems to b a little on the lack ther of side maby its just the platform idk

thank for the help some of the links already provided have lead me to search diffrent areas to come up with diffrent ideas else wer on the car lol

one of them being O.S Giken TC24-B1 twin cam head conversion but only 11 produced so ther is a never happening high hope for me
The long and short of it is there are no good/reasonably priced coil overs specifically for the S130. The S13 are about the easiest to modify to fit. The rears bolt in and the fronts you need to decide if you want to swap in an S13 spindle for the front struts to bolt to or modify the S130 front strut tube to accept the S13 coil overs. This has been covered many many times. The information contained in those threads have all the pieces you need to do the swap. If there isn't enough information there then - no offense but the swap is probably beyond you.

Swaping the rear end from an S13/S14 will require fabrication, etc. It's not a bolt in setup.... There are lots of race preped S130s out there not just some twinky drift wannabe setups. Again search around and ask the guys who have built these cars - lots of them around here and the other forums.

OS Giken - lol. That's the holy grail of the L series engine. Even four valve cross flow heads don't make a huge difference on this engine for the effort required (someone used three KA24DE heads frankenstiened and bolted it to an L28 block and turbocharged it). Start looking at a built turbo engine if you want to make HP. They were making almost 700HP in the 1980s on the L28ET.... there's lots there.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM

well hello ther mr or mis russia
well ther has to b a internet bassed company in japan? or china?
not sure how things work over ther between countries linked togather but shipping isnt all that bad for us here from over sea's i can ge a complete car shipped for about 1.5k to my door from japan if you think about the weight ratio to cost things arnt that bad
Miss russia))
the most interesting car parts and tuning is based on japan auctions. Difficulties of japanese language force me to search at e-bay and other U.S. companies. shipping of 1 kilo cost 16$ for me. And I have to pay custom cost - 30%
lets talk about suspension)) the rule of my restoration to keep original parts or use tuning made espesially for zx. I've never searched for info about silvia's suspension swap. But in Russia we have a lot of Silvias tuned for drift and they use japanese coils, arms, stabs etc- tein cusco
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/nissan/silvia/
http://www.drive2.ru/cars/nissan/280zx/
it's a "diary of a car" - ask if you want me to translate something)))
we have not only bears and vodka but a lot of JDM cars
Old 11-15-2011, 11:59 PM

id love to have my old 91 mk2 back long story short some1 stole and crushed it.. after i dumped 14k into it i fell flat on the floor when i got the phone call from the po-po telling me my car was knee high lol the officer actually asked if i was ok when i picked up the phone

FricFrac you are the man
maby im not looking correctly maby im just skimming the read to quick as well
im dead set on getting this s130 going and no the suspension swap isnt beyond my abilities the spindle swap is actually wat i am wanting to do
so thanks for that info i just seem to over look it any more tips would b great would the after market arms still fit
as far as coil overs im looking into the megan racing srec rs coilovers ( yes the pink and black 1s )

the sr20 isnt a bad idea either might look into that as well
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

id love to have my old 91 mk2 back long story short some1 stole and crushed it.. after i dumped 14k into it i fell flat on the floor when i got the phone call from the po-po telling me my car was knee high lol the officer actually asked if i was ok when i picked up the phone

FricFrac you are the man
maby im not looking correctly maby im just skimming the read to quick as well
im dead set on getting this s130 going and no the suspension swap isnt beyond my abilities the spindle swap is actually wat i am wanting to do
so thanks for that info i just seem to over look it any more tips would b great would the after market arms still fit
as far as coil overs im looking into the megan racing srec rs coilovers ( yes the pink and black 1s )

the sr20 isnt a bad idea either might look into that as well
There are tons of swaps you can do but my personal preference is making the stock L28ET come to life. 300rwhp is totaly doable on a stock bottom end and unless you are drag racing more than 300rwhp is a waste unless you are just looking for braging rights. Even at that there are lots of other guys that will have a bigger and better setup than you. It's not like the RB or SR hasn't been done a thousand times before. If you've got an engine sitting around then go for it otherwise making a 1960's technology engine with 2.8l put 300rwhp to the ground is pretty cool in my books.

I'm definately in agreement with you on the Megans. They seem to be the best bang for the buck for the S13 as a high performance coilover (IIRC BC makes the coilovers for Megan).

This is the best (IMHO) S130 forum going but don't forget to check out hybridz.org as well - they have some great info on motor swaps and mods and a lot of the S30 info relates directly or indirectly to the S130.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Personally I'll likely got for the Street but if you want stupid stiff get the racing. That might be a better setup for drifting but I think for track use the Street stiffness is probably better... oh and don't forget sways.... those ARE available for the S130 from a few different places including the MSA (http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PSDC05/23-4103) and Suspension Techniques (http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...sion/Sway_Bars and http://www.andysautosport.com/datsun...on_techniques/)

You might want to stay stock with the front and aftermarket on the rear if you are looking to drift. That will give you more bite up front and stiffen the rear making it break free more easily....

Last edited by FricFrac; 11-16-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Big Poppa

Any rb series motor bolts right in using r31 mounts and stock s130 drive shaft with mild tranny mount mods.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:17 PM

and now every1 chimes in with wat info im looking for

most likely i will b keeping the l28et but if work picks back up again then in spring the rb25det is getting dropped in or for weight savings going with sr20det if i went rb the super mild build for enging as to just push the 250 300 rwhp
and the uncanny ability to get lolz by putting on a custom Fairlady gtr emblem
but if i decide sr20det the full blown grit you teeth engine is being built
the only thing i dont like about the l28 is that no matter what i have to go stand alone to b able to tune it correctly and i Hate wireing
but yes 300 to 400 is completly acomplishable with the l28et ( expecially when all porting and polishing is being done for free )

any1 have a direct link to the s13 swap?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 AM

ok guys refined my searching skillz
it was as simple as just grabing parts
a few questions
how bad does it affect steering geo? toe? caster?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

T3 has bump steer spacers and you should be able to get the Megan coilover camber plates to work. You'll have to slot the rear cross member mounts on the rear to get enough adjustment for the rear camber. Camber plates in the rear don't give enough adjustment....
Old 11-20-2011, 05:43 AM

dont get me wrong here i love the car and love the engine thats in it
it has amazing capabilities its just when people wer tuning these things was 20 years ago almost everything is gone and wats left is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
the l28 has an amazing sound and i love it for that

i have pushed and pushed my self to do more research
that i have done very very much so
yes i could build a l28et and it b ****ing killer but with that goes mpg and a very very deep pocket unless the lil magic fairy comes by and drops used parts for cheap.
im seriously considering stroking this l28e of mine along with possible custom intake and stand alone for around 3500
only gets me 2 maby 240 whp which is fine aswell

for you smart guys here!!!!! to stroke the l28 you need a 83mm stoke crank comes out of a 80's nissan maxima deisel
240z rods ( 133mm ) and ka24 pistions ( 34mm ) slap on a 2mm hks headgasket to alow clearence above head ( needs .9mm to b exact ) Gives 2mm clearence overblock height being 207.9mm) and you got a stroked motor
i spent alot of time researching this and found another suspect is a honda racing pistion add corrisponding componets and these pistions would drop the clearence to -1.mm which would b better for less stress on the head gasket and ability for high compression pistions
my only question is will this pistion work?
http://www.race-mart.com/Mahle-MAH-HON220445F01.html

concidering the displacement catagory of this
stock stroke and bore and displacemet
.........79..........86...........2.753 ( which is wher the term 2.8 comes into play)
stroker crank and diffrent bore.............................................. ...............................................sto ck hp is 145hp at the fly
........83...........86............2.893.........2 .8..................................5.1% increase over stock........................152-fhp
........83...........87............2.96..........3 .0..................................7.5% increase over stock........................155-fhp
........83...........88............3.029.........3 .0 just a lil beefer..............10.0% increase over stock........................159-fhp
........83...........89............3.098.........3 .1..................................12.5% increase over stock........................163-fhp
........83...........90............3.168.........3 .1..................................15.1% increase over stock........................167.4-fhp

is that even the correct way to figure out hp gains?