280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Official S130 (280zx) Arita Speed G-nose pre-order/order here!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:18 AM

Official S130 (280zx) Arita Speed G-nose order here!

**UPDATE** 10-25-08... Mold is completed and the g-noses will be made to order, purchase when ready!

Prices lowered 11-7-2010.

Click here to order from my website

I'm a very reputable seller/member on Hybrid Z... I've sold to hundreds of members (including apparel and fiberglass and carbon fiber wide ZG fender flares) on Hybrid Z.

Ok fellow Z/ZX addicts, the Arita Speed style G-nose air dam will now finally be coming to a state (or country) near you!

The Arita Speed s130 g-nose has only been available from Arita based in Japan and they will not import the kit. Therefore the reason why it's never been available or really seen before. Supposedly for a small period of time a company in the UK (MJP Auto) used to sell a knock off version but they charged international shipping rates easily over $500 as it's been said and also the fitment was declared very poor.

After many have waited years and some only months, the s130 g-nose is now here in the USA and ready for you!

Thanks to Vinh280zxt, he personally bought this g-nose from Arita on a trip he took to Japan and after some hassle, extra carriage fees and cutting it in 2 pieces, he brought it home with him to the US on the plane. And after a debatable decision, Vinh decided to sell me the g-nose in order for it to be reproduced for all to have access to.

On Monday (8-25-08) the shop I use started to make a mold off the only Arita Speed g-nose air dam in the US states that I'm aware of and after some test fitments, they completed the mold in October of 2008.

There have been talks about the recessed trim around the headlight buckets and my decision has been to keep it there. If you don't like it, after your purchase, I assure you it will be easy to fill and smooth it out.

Also, as most of you know, it's damn near impossible to find headlight covers for the s130 gnose as well since they are no longer produced. Soooo I'm also considering making some custom headlight covers for those interested, prices will be determined soon.

Installed...

PRODUCTION:
Is ready to go now, your g-nose will be made to order.

PRICING:
-$375 local pickup in So Cal
-$475 shipped = US 48 buyers ($400 + $100 shipping/packing/4% craptastic paypal fee)
-International buyers please contact me for a quote

**SHIPPING:
Shipping will be delivered by Greyhound Express, I've shipped/received many items through them w/ no problems, the quote above is for the lower US 48 states, ALSO I will ship worldwide just like I do w/ the Wide ZG Flares & Hybrid Z Apparel (I've already shipped to places such as Spain, Kuwait, Australia, Germany, Sweden, U.K., Finland, Malaysia, Brunei, Norway, Denmark, Poland, New Zealand, Greenland, England, Canada, Japan, Netherlands, etc with no problems.) Just post up/PM/IM me your postal code and will be glad to get you a shipping quote.

PAYMENT:
Please pay in full as I can have your item ready to ship out within a week ($475 via paypal including shipping/insurance).

Payments must be made via paypal (3% fee has already been included in the total, International buyers please add 6% fee), CASH or certified money order.

Paypal to s30zforce@yahoo.com
Or PM me for my address to ship a money order.

*Paypal Users*
Please list your full name, forum user name and which forum you're on in the description area as well when sending payment, thank you. Please also state what you're buying.

Paypal to s30zforce@yahoo.com

You can contact me via:
This Thread
PM
AIM/Yahoo Messenger anytime: s30zforce
Email: s30zforce@yahoo.com

Please feel free to post with any questions, comments, concerns, etc.

Thanks - Justin

Last edited by 280zForce; 11-07-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: added more pics and lowered pricing
Old 09-13-2008, 01:49 AM

After a lil bit of a delay to test fit the original, I got a local friend to let me take apart his front end and test up the original g-nose on his 280zx since his was in a wreck and needs a new front end anyway...

Overall, I'm very happy with the fitment, quite surprised actually. Going to make a few minor adjustments and the mold will be started this week and should be good to go in a week or 2.

Now about the headlight covers, I've gone over a few details with the shop and he's going to price out materials and time to form them etc. Then we'll go over the shape and etc if it's not ridiculously high to do something like this.

Here's some rough pictures of the test fitment...

Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
The Evil Twin

wow. The 2nd pic looks really good. I'm starting to like that more.
...and I would purchase this if the headlight covers were also available. If not then I'd still have to think about it.

thanks for the update.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:14 PM

Picked up the 1st production piece of the s130 (280zx) g-nose and it's a beauty. We're currently working on the headlight covers on how we're going to shape them and make a trim for them, so patience on those please, but they will be made.

So these babies are ready to go, order at will. We're looking at $110 for packaging/shipping/insurance via greyhound express to the lower 48 US states.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Wow...that's a smoking deal man. Very nice....I would love to put that on my '82 slicktop. Maybe it will happen. Anyway the pics look great.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 AM
The Evil Twin

I like it.
Now I just wish my Z would sell so I could move on to the 280ZX project.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Externally Wastegated

I would like to see how the Z looks with the covers on before I decide to go for this kit. Any idea how much lower the lip is for clearance vs. the stock valence? Just curious as I don't want to destroy that bumper. My urethane air dam has enough scuffs as it is haha.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by lifegrddude
I would like to see how the Z looks with the covers on before I decide to go for this kit. Any idea how much lower the lip is for clearance vs. the stock valence? Just curious as I don't want to destroy that bumper. My urethane air dam has enough scuffs as it is haha.
headlight covers would look very similar to this picture...

as far as ground clearance, it all depends on what shock/spring combo you're running.

My friend has a xenon airdam w/ the brake ducts on his 280zx and it seems the gnose has about 1" MORE clearance than it does based off the measurements we did.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Big Poppa

i know my airdam is straight off the bumper. its off the ground 5" and it still hits on inclines into gas stations and parking lots. it clears all speed bumps, but it gets close. for a dd ive found 5" that far out there is plenty low enoungh. i had mine at 4" off the ground, and yeah it looked really nice, but it hit everything. thats where the dents came from
Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 AM
The Evil Twin

From the pictures the new air dam doesn't look any lower than the stock piece; it is just further out. I think that will give you good options for lowering the car just as much as you would like for clearance.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM

i like the look but not sure on giving up 400+ on just one piece
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by gostlrs
That's cheap compared to anything for a 350Z
Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 PM

It's 1 piece that replaces.. what 4 pieces? headlight buckets, bumper and airdam.

Also, it's JDM, it's never been offered here in the USA. This is the first time ever.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 AM

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t48935255

here is what it will look like first few times u pull in too close. so now u need to replace all 4 parts again

Here is the real one for $380
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g61836717

i know not everyone can get things shipped from japan but it is a Knock off "JDM" selling for more then the original. thats where i can't let my 400-550 bucks leave my pocket. if it was the real thing then maybe..

just my opinion

Last edited by gostlrs; 10-30-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

It may be a knock off, but its looks to be a very well made knock off. Made from directly from the real thing as well. thats well worth the price considering you couldnt even buy the real thing and get it back to the states in one piece for double the price. So with the exchange rate being 1 Japanese yen = 0.010223 U.S. dollars today, I would make a healthy assumption you couldnt even touch that bumper for less than 1k if you're lucky. Then again you could buy this one, which if i still had my Z i would gladly do.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
The Evil Twin

i know not everyone can get things shipped from japan but it is a Knock off "JDM" selling for more then the original. thats where i can't let my 400-550 bucks leave my pocket. if it was the real thing then maybe..

just my opinion
So first you don't want to spend $400 but now you're saying you would pay $450 if it was genuine "JDM" ? sure...

$380 vs $450 isn't much of a difference. $1000 shipping vs $110 is a big difference

its not the cheapest front air dam for a 280ZX but there aren't many options and this one certainly isn't off the charts in price. I appriciate the effort that went into making this one available. I will be ordering one soon.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:42 PM

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t48935255

here is what it will look like first few times u pull in too close. so now u need to replace all 4 parts again
Well as with any fiberglass airdam, doesn't matter where it's from MSA, Japan or anywhere else, if you're not cautious enough and you slam into a curb a few times of course damage happens, even to stock airdams and bumpers of any car. And the good part is, it's fiberglass! so it's easily fixable.

just my opinion
Actually, if you'd be paying attention.. the 38k yen is $385 and that is a STARTING PRICE on an auction, and if you were to pay attention to the BUY IT NOW PRICE, they want 47,250 yen which is $479.

Hence the fact that they're BUY IT NOW price is the price Arita Speed lists them at for their shop.

I was even nice enough to translate Arita Speed's webpage and highlight the product and price. Here's a translated link to a freeze frame I took of their website to show the s130 gnose being listed at 47,250 yen, which is $479.

Also, the ones I'm selling are being made 1st rate directly off a REAL "JDM" part, it's not a knock off of a knock off of a knock off like most of kits out there.

They fit up exactly like the "real ones" would, wonder why that is? Oh right, because it's made directly off a real one.

So it's really $479 + outrageous over seas shipping VS. mine for $450.

Anyway, even if you had shipping connections or the $800+ just for shipping to pay from Japan, I've got bad news for you... ARITA SPEED DOES NOT & WILL NOT SHIP OVER SEAS!

Trust me on this one as I know several people & vendors who have tried to order this part or others from them, only to get nowhere.

So considering that, it's truly amazing to even have ths piece NOW offered here in the USA for the 1st time ever and for UNDER Arita's listing price which is $479+ and which again, WOULD NOT be shippped overseas and if it was... $800+... so you'd be looking at a good $1,300+. But I'm beating a dead horse with a stick again cuz they don't ship overseas, but I guess I failed to mention that.

Plenty of people have the appreciation that I even have made this possible for us USA people to own a rare piece that has never been here before, plus doesn't look like everyone else's run of the mill MSA front airdams and know this is definitely worth the money.

I rest my case.

Last edited by 280zForce; 10-30-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:56 PM

i can get front bumpers shipped for about 150-200 from japan. i have sent them personally while i was stationed there. i lived in the junk yards and sent crap back all the time for friends. there are companies there just like UPS (Black Cat) that will do it.

as for the auction, i use yahoo auctions all the time and yes it is the buy it now price but there are 8 of them listed at the same time by the same company and it will not be sold for more then 385 as you put it. plus my 200 and i can have a real part from japan and not a knock off for the same price that you are posting. i just saying if it is a knock off why price it as the real deal? and why put JDM on it if it was made in the good ole USA. crap like that is why Honda guys get laughed at so much for throwing the JDM word around

my 2 cents... no way wanting to start anything just opening some eyes that may get stuck on the whole JDM thing that means a lot to some people for some reason
Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
The Good Twin

gostlrs, Go to Japan, buy a 280zx G-Nose, and bring it back for less than it's offered through 280zForce. Sound good? Or... don't, and don't waste space on this thread.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM

i can get front bumpers shipped for about 150-200 from japan. i have sent them personally while i was stationed there. i lived in the junk yards and sent crap back all the time for friends. there are companies there just like UPS (Black Cat) that will do it.

as for the auction, i use yahoo auctions all the time and yes it is the buy it now price but there are 8 of them listed at the same time by the same company and it will not be sold for more then 385 as you put it. plus my 200 and i can have a real part from japan and not a knock off for the same price that you are posting. i just saying if it is a knock off why price it as the real deal? and why put JDM on it if it was made in the good ole USA. crap like that is why Honda guys get laughed at so much for throwing the JDM word around

my 2 cents... no way wanting to start anything just opening some eyes that may get stuck on the whole JDM thing that means a lot to some people for some reason
a front bumper is 1 size, a full airdam of this size is another thing. I'd like to see a receipt for your so called overseas shipment of a box the size of 66" long x 32" wide x 24" tall weighing a good 25-30 lbs when properly packed for only $150-$200. This is an oversize box, USPS won't touch it. Even if you could, which I doubt, you still have to wait a long *** time (something like 1-3 months) to wait for it and risk it getting damaged on a boat in a container full of other things.

And military guys pay what everyone else pays, they don't ship for free or discounts from APO to APO anymore either. But if you ship from APO in Japan to here, then it's a normal rate as compared to overseas rate, but still as I've mentioned you still will guarantee pay more than $200 via UPS or Fedex or similar from there to here as it's quite a large piece.

And if you can clearly read, which obviously you can't see the obvious... I never called my make of it JDM, check my 1st post, I simply call it the s130 arita speed gnose, never mention "jdm", i said the original part is real jdm when you talked about being "knock offed."

Either way it's the convenience of having this piece available here in the USA as it's never been offered here... you don't have to have the hassle of paying for it over seas and waiting an eternity wondering if your part will ever show up.

It's not some run of the mill cheap knock off with a piece of crap mold, it was made from an original jdm s130 gnose, a mold was made from it the proper way. It was made by a professional high grade shop that does vacuum forming, fiberglass and other composites for professional grade companies.

This gnose is fits up exactly the same as well as the original, if you were local I'd tell you to come inspect both the original and the production piece and try them on yourself to compare and I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference between them or maybe even would think mine was the real one.. ha!

Anyway, if you want to order from Japan then do it, don't complain on this thread and say you can get it cheaper blah blah blah, when you can't. But if you'd like to try anyway, go for it, and if it's the same price, good for you, have fun waiting.

Last edited by 280zForce; 10-30-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

After reviewing the thread on Hybrid Z, it looks like 280zForce offered a price that Vinh was willing to accept and used his own money to fix it and turn it into a production piece with no deposits or outside financial commitments from anyone.

If someone is willing to put their own money up, just like 280Zone was offering to do, then it's their business. If you want to be angry at someone, be angry at Vinh for offering and then backing out. He wasn't comfortable sending the piece across the country to have someone else who he'd never met face to face, fix it, make a mould out of it and hope he gets it back someday. To some people, $400 is a lot of money. Instead of taking the risk, he put it up for sale "to the highest bidder". We have no way of knowing what's going on in Vinh's personal life, maybe, in this economy, he needed the money.

Any future bashing on this post will be summarily deleted.

The Mgmt.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Pr0n Addict

so again what you're saying is that Zforce did nothing wrong or "low", but it was 280Zone that backed out on an agreed upon deal. wrong place to complain.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:39 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I do want one of these eventually. I may try and sell my MSA Type II front air dam. To go towards the G-Nose bumper. I am just trying to play catch up at the moment. And which leads to....this not being a top priority. Anyway I hope this fits within the stipulations to post here. I am just letting 280zforce know. That I am interested. It will just be a little while. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Expressing your interest is also acceptable.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Looks like someone finally got around to installing 1 of these bad boys from me with very little work to be done to the air dam itself, which is a great sign for very good quality and a happy customer.

Also, it assures me these fit up better than your run of the mill MSA air dams almost everybody has.

I'm sending another out in the next couple days to a recent buyer.

And I've got 1 extra ready to go to whoever wants it, I had it made just to have ready for a future buyer.

I can have these made at will within a few days no problem though.

You guys can order them contacting me directly on here or by going to my new website, also in my sig below.

http://www.zforceproductions.com/

Check out the link below to Bleach's 280zx fitment of the Arita Speed 280zx G-nose I offer for you guys.

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/aritaspeed-g-nose-280zx-remake-28622/

Last edited by 280zForce; 06-10-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official S130 (280zx) Arita Speed G-nose pre-order/order here!