ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   lets talk sencors (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/lets-talk-sencors-14694/)

jfairladyz 09-26-2005 12:04 AM

Ok good thats all I wanted to know. What I want you to do now (cause this is safer than the voltmeter) is turn the meter to Ohm's and disconnect the negative battery cable so there's no power to the car. Run the leads between the Green wire at the relay and the Green wire at the D.R. connector with the D.R. unplugged. Make a note of the reading. Then run the leads between the Green wire at the D.R. connector (still unplugged) and ground. Let me know what you get.

Make sure the negative battery cable is disconnected through all this.

81 Black L28E 09-26-2005 12:08 AM

Witch Ohm Setting .....2000.k 200.k 20.k 2000. Or 200.

AT 200 I GOT A READING OF 00.5

THIS POST IS GOING TO END SOON THEY WONT LET US PASS 6 PAGES SO JUST EDIT THESE LAST TO FOR NOW

jfairladyz 09-26-2005 12:10 AM

OK, I guess we're not getting as far as I thought. Bummer. Alright let me take a look at this diagram.

ALright, with the battery reconnected and the D.R. disconnected. Try measureing volts from the green wire of the D.R.(wire harness side) and ground again (not battery). And see what you get make it kinda quick in case you get a spark again.
I'll see what else I can think of. Have you tried starting the car yet?

Oh and the Ignition switch must be turned to ON.

Key On.

Meter set to Volts.

Okay, so it's not sparking now. That's interesting. All right Im losing my mind here. It's too late for me to thing anymore. Can you get to a parts store tommorow? If you can get down there and borrow a noid light. I'm usually back on here by 8pm my time. But in the mean time try hooking up the noid light to eeach injector clip and crank the engine and see if it lights up. If it does then either the car should start or it's not ecu related. If the lights don't flash then that'll make our job easier tomorrow. So try that if you can and we'll have to pick this up tomorrow cause I can hardly even type anymore. Check the resistance on the head temp sensor with the connector off and set to Ohms (what ever works). Write it down and try to guess the temperature out when you do it. Another test you can try is to pull the ECU connector off and check for voltage between connector 27 and the red wire of the relay. DO NOT TEST THE ECU. TEST THE Wiring harness side. Other than that I'll get at you tomorrow. Oh and get the battery charged too ;)

81 Black L28E 09-26-2005 12:17 AM

At 200 I Got A Reading Of 00.5

Nothing On Any Other Setting

This Post Is Going To End Soon They Wont Let Us Pass 6 Pages So Just Edit These Last TWO For Now

I JUST TRYED D.R. TO GROUND AND 00.0

OK LET ME THINK THIS TALK THIS THOUGH ...WITH THE BATT OFF ...I PUT THE OHM SETTING ON 200 AND THEN PUT THE RED WIRE INTO THE GREEN WIRE ON THE DR SIDE THEN GROUND IT AND CHECK THE READING ...IF I GET A READING FROM THIS WIRER IS GROUNDING OUT AND I NEED TO MAKE A JUMPER FROM THE RELAY TO THE D.R ??????

OR WHEN BATT IS OFF SETT THE METER TO OHM 200 AND JUMP THE GREEN WIRE FROM THE REALY TO THE GREEN WIRER ON THE DR SIDE ...WITCH ONE IS SHOWING US THE PROBLEM

I JUST TRYED D.R. TO GROUND AGAIN GOT 00.0 METER WAS SET TWO DCV 200. AND I TRYED OHM 200. AND 00.0 :confused:

I TRYED GREEN TO GREEN OHM 200 AND THE READING WAS AGAIN 00.5 :confused:

I RAN THE BAT JUST ABOUT OUT SO IT WONT TURN OVER I HAVE POWER JUST NOT EFF ...IN THE MORING I WILL JUMP THE BATT ...

DO YOU WANT ME TO DO THIS WITH THE KEY ON OR OFF ???
GREEN D.R.WIRE TO RIGHT STRUT TOWER SCREW METER SET TO DCV20. ????

OK KEY ON I SEE METER SET TO ?????

I SETT METER TO DVC 20. DID GREEN D.R. WIRE TO GROUND AND GOT A READING OF 11.77 THREE TIMES :confused:

IAM CONFUSED EVERY THING IS GETTING POWER ISNT IT

BUY THE WAY THE SRUT TOWER SUCKED FOR GROUNDING I WENT WITH THE MANIFOLD INSTEAD :)

DAM ITS LIKE 4:00AM THERE YOU WANT TO MEET UP IN THE EVEING TOMAR AND TRY AGAIN I WILL CHARGE UP MY BATT IN THE MORING AND SWITCH BACK TO MY 81 ECU I STILL HAVE THE 79 JUST HANGING IN THERE HOOKED UP THAT WAY WE CAN TRACK THIS DOWN SENCE I DONT THINK ITS THE ECU IT'S SELF ?

OK THAT SEEMS ABOUT 5:00PM MY TIME I WILL BE HERE ..THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP THIS POST IS OVER I WILL START A NEW POST TOMARR AND WEE CAN PICK UP THERE ...THANKS J FOR ALL YOUR HELP