Old 08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
The Good Twin

That's moar liek it!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
This facepalm's for you!

Originally Posted by flatblack
I'm from.... a suthuhn state in the You Ess Uhv Ay
kinda like the midwest...

no one cares its there, the east coast and the west coast just needed somewhere to stick all of our corn.
but only cuz we got such a great deal from the French.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
This facepalm's for you!

Skib - Are you running a heater in your car?

I'm not and have the "loop" plugged off on my F54.

Just wondering how you looped the turbo coolant into the system and where, I guess you could join it to the IAC or whatever if you are on a somewhat stock setup, but I got rid of everything I could have >_o

not atm but I will be before winter hopefully.

Im currently running it just oil cooled, Iv thought about hooking up the water cooling system too but my turbo body dosent have the barbed ends for the hose. if yours has them you should tell me the size and thread pitch so I can go get them

I've got an extra Z31 T3 that I don't know what to do with...
mail to me, Iv got a good idea
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by skib
not atm but I will be before winter hopefully.

Im currently running it just oil cooled, Iv thought about hooking up the water cooling system too but my turbo body dosent have the barbed ends for the hose. if yours has them you should tell me the size and thread pitch so I can go get them
I'm not sure what you're talking about - you need the pitch and diameter of the coolant hole in the Z31 T3's body?

And you didn't answer my question - where would you route the water if you plugged the ports for the heater?

mail to me, Iv got a good idea
Sorry B-Rye, My current T3 on my Zed 31 is making some 'bearing noises' at start up so this one is the one that will replace whatever T3 blows up first, the one on the S30 or the one on the Z31 heh.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:24 PM
This facepalm's for you!

you need the pitch and diameter of the coolant hole in the Z31 T3's body?
yup

And you didn't answer my question - where would you route the water if you plugged the ports for the heater?
to cool the turbo or to just eliminate the heater core?
Old 08-26-2009, 02:35 PM

to cool the turbo or to just eliminate the heater core?
Gotcha, bitch!!

kk- I has NO heater core or heater. MY car is already blocked off, i.e. there are no ports for me to plug turbo coolant lines into.

Look at the front cover inlet for the water pump and you'll see where I have pipe-fitting block off caps.

Name:  IMG_2195.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  106.2 KB

I don't even have openings from the thermostat housing, I plugged them when I got rid of my IAC and I also plugged the "loop" after reading the "cyl #5" thread.

I was wondering if you HAD done this yourself, and if yours was blocked off previously and you had to re-install ports for the returned [hot] coolant from the turbo, where would you route the water?

Should I just go read the cyl #5 thread on HBZ?

Last edited by flatblack; 08-26-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:51 PM
This facepalm's for you!

I was wondering if you HAD done this yourself, and if yours was blocked off previously and you had to re-install ports for the returned [hot] coolant from the turbo, where would you route the water?

Should I just go read the cyl #5 thread on HBZ?

I havent done it yet, but Iv been thinking about it since some extra turbo cooling would be nice.
Iv still been pondering how to run the coolant lines for the turbo tho. Iv tossed around a few ideas.

nice avatar btw

Name:  zmvwv64dzhzp6p32bjlnm7s42y7msqxl.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  38.6 KB
Old 08-26-2009, 04:04 PM

I havent done it yet, but Iv been thinking about it since some extra turbo cooling would be nice.
Iv still been pondering how to run the coolant lines for the turbo tho. Iv tossed around a few ideas.

nice avatar btw

haha

Do you think it should come out of the cyl6 port, into the terbeaux and then back to the front cover inlet?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 PM

yeah

Im just making sure Im reading right....

you paid... $650 american monies..... for a down pipe.

yes?
yeah I wanted the best. If you check that link in earler post, youll see the setup

I got everything picured cept the over axle part and the muffler.

I think the guy who was selling it upped the bids till he got what he needed.
He also threw in a thrush muffler, someother odds and ends, a spare turbo ecu.

So I was just happy to have a custom made 3" mandrel bent piece to put on my car.

kenny.

I will check out at the muffler shop about making a number of 3" exhaust systems for our cars.

The one I'll have made will fit my car, I just wonder if thered be any unseen problems to having them fit other cars? 280zxs only.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 PM

skilled mechanic and engineer

Originally Posted by NismoPick
You know you can buy huge intercooler pipe kits on ebay for $100-$300 right? Many include couplers & proper t-clamps.

Yeah... I built my 2.5" mandrel downpipe for about $50... then had enough left over to make another & sold it on ebay for $35.

A 3" is overkill for a stock turbo.

Jeff P? Because he's a maniac and quite a skilled mechanic / engineer.
and a hella nice guy. I talked to him on the phone after I bought his downpipe on ebay and he helped my out by sending me some spare pins for my ecu to add the extra wires for the jwt computer.

They screwed up and I got one for an 88 turbo car, with a titianiam sensor and 3 wires....he told me how to hook it up.

I was feeling down from all the extra work I was having to do, that Jim Bean and I were feeling a little buzzed.

No offense intended.
kenny
Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 PM

skilled mechanic and engineer

Originally Posted by NismoPick
You know you can buy huge intercooler pipe kits on ebay for $100-$300 right? Many include couplers & proper t-clamps.

Yeah... I built my 2.5" mandrel downpipe for about $50... then had enough left over to make another & sold it on ebay for $35.

A 3" is overkill for a stock turbo.

Jeff P? Because he's a maniac and quite a skilled mechanic / engineer.
Got a t3/t4 hybrid built in Memphis, I think the compressor trim is about 57...or 67...
not really sure, it was close to the thread and graph that said for my engine ideal size.

and a hella nice guy. I talked to him on the phone after I bought his downpipe on ebay and he helped my out by sending me some spare pins for my ecu to add the extra wires for the jwt computer.

They screwed up and I got one for an 88 turbo car, with a titianiam sensor and 3 wires....he told me how to hook it up.

I was feeling down from all the extra work I was having to do, that Jim Bean and I were feeling a little buzzed.

No offense intended.
kenny