280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

I Miss You Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Bleach is my Hero

I Miss You Guys!

Its been a while since I actually posted here.. I have been watching for a while, and helpin bleach out when I can.. (I will get that DP back to you)

So I am searching like hell to get a transporter to get Jfair's Z over here, but cant find ish under 1k, which is kinda redic in my opinion.. I shipped a GTI from NY to PHX door to door for 750.00.. So if anyone knows a good transport company please help.. My new Z motor (picked up 7months ago) is close to done I just need a damn Z to put it in.. I even have the SDS ready to go.. LOL Please help..

much love P
Old 11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
No Club Love

what up man, been wondering where you went...your lucky a clean car for just transportation...why don't you just fly back there and drive her home...
Old 11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
The Good Twin

Have you tried DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) ? http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

I can't remember where J's car is right now.... but I put in from SD to AZ: $770 and from VA to AZ: $790. I sold a car to a guy in VA & he used DAS... worked like a champ.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Big Poppa

you could always rent a car trailer or puller from uhaul, if it aint much of a drive itll cost like 3 days, prolly 300 bucks.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:51 AM
The Evil Twin

There you are!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Doesn't post much...

Yo!

How you doin' ?

Rod.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:06 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey Paul welcome back man. Hope you find a way to get J's Z to your place. What's been new with you bro'? It has been a while, keep us updated man, and good luck to you.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Yeah I have been good working on my damn VW's, I cant wait to get back into a Z.. You havent really expierienced pain until you re-wire a german car .. I have slowly bee working on a new ZXT motor.. same style P90 head ported all out got the damn elec. water pump again and sourcing some good forged pistons for the bottom.. I was told the Z was not driveable for some reason if it is I will be out there on wednesday.. LOL LMK Jfair
Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM
From NY to AZ

What happened to your Z? Accident?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:20 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 007max
What happened to your Z? Accident?
This post sums it up: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...106#post139106
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by s/cL3.0
Yeah I have been good working on my damn VW's, I cant wait to get back into a Z.. You havent really expierienced pain until you re-wire a german car .. I have slowly bee working on a new ZXT motor.. same style P90 head ported all out got the damn elec. water pump again and sourcing some good forged pistons for the bottom.. I was told the Z was not driveable for some reason if it is I will be out there on wednesday.. LOL LMK Jfair
What do you have for VW's? All my friends are wicked into VW's, Iv never been a big fan but I apreciate them.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by KTM200-280zxt
What do you have for VW's? All my friends are wicked into VW's, Iv never been a big fan but I apreciate them.
I have 2 VW Corrados.. Both VR S/C'd.. Tons of fun.. One is 5PSI daily driver beats most V8's (Stock NON Z06 vette's, Mustang GTs, Camaros) and the other is 18PSI with belt slip but LOTS of fun.. hehehe.. But I miss my Z
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 AM
No Club Love

j, just said it needed a heater hose repaired, but that isn't hard. But i don't know if it'll make it back to CA? oh and remember to turn on the fuel pump switch.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 AM
The Good Twin

He drove it there from Cali didn't he?
Old 11-21-2006, 03:49 PM
From NY to AZ

Wow, sorry to hear. Used to be they just slapped you with a $500 fine, i know, it's happened to me before. Thats quite shitty.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
sorry they stole yer car, man--that sux. now i guess i really know why i do not visit my family in AZ.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Bleach is my Hero

HAHA.. yeah your telling me.. I hate the freeway cops here..
Old 11-22-2006, 01:04 AM
From NY to AZ

HAHA.. yeah your telling me.. I hate the freeway cops here..
Believe me they're still not as bad as the state troopers here in NY.

I'm moving back to AZ next year. Want to take care of my Z till then? I'll even deliver it
Old 11-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by 007max
Believe me they're still not as bad as the state troopers here in NY.

I'm moving back to AZ next year. Want to take care of my Z till then? I'll even deliver it
Sure I can!! Where are you moving to? Or do you know yet..
Old 11-22-2006, 04:23 PM

As for S/C's question: It runs great. Here's the deal on why it's not really driveable. The night we were leaving VA to move to SD I dropped the car off at my wifes grandparents house. When I got out of the car I heard some hissing. So I popped the hood and the battery was laying down against the block and there was steam coming from down in there. So I know the battery took out a heater hose in the engine compartment. But it was dark so I dont know if the hose is damaged or just pulled loose or what the deal was on that. But thats the ONLY thing keep the motor from being driven.

The other problem with her is that she needs an alignment...BAD. I took her down for an alignment the day before we were going to move (I know, stupid to procrastinate) and they got back to me saying they couldnt align the car because the balljoints were completely shot. Well seeing as how were were moving I didnt have the money or time to pay/wait for that to be done. The alignment might sound like it's not too big a deal but it is. I struggled with the car above 40mph. She would pull VERY hard over bumps and dips and wandered horribly.

That motor/trans made the trip from OH to VA with no problems. The motor ran rough for that drive but it was an electrical issue and not a problem with the motor itself. After I overhauled the motor and got the suspension all installed I drove her around for a few days and she drove great. She has a make shift exhaust that reduces down to a 2" pipe after the glasspack to quiet her down (my license was suspended and I didnt want to draw any attention) so that hurt the acceleration a lot). Anyways, I was planning on driving her out to SD before the whole alignment issue. And then the whole battery/heater hose incident happened but that's an easy fix.

So to answer Nismopicks question: Yes, that car was driven from CA to VA. But not on that engine.

So If you want to schedule to have the ball joints replaced and have her aligned and then go ahead and fix the deal with the heater hoses then I'd say she's good to go. She's has a couple electrical gremlins I didnt get worked out (nothing related to the EFI or driveability though). Like I said, I was ready to make take the drive to SD in her.

EDIT: Oh, and she's not registered. BUT, I do have the title. I can go ahead and mail that to you Paul. Just pm or email me your address and I'll send that to you (or I can send it out to my wifes grandparents so they can have it out with the car if you plan on going out to get it any time soon).
Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 AM
From NY to AZ

Sure I can!! Where are you moving to? Or do you know yet..
Mesa, Tempe, or S. Scottsdale. Gonna stay somewhat close to ASU.

Whereabouts do you live?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Über User

now, when you say youve been working on a zxt motor... does that mean you have a motor already you have been building up? cause if that the case, i would love to take J's cars motor off your hands. i gots me a 260Z im pickin up this saturday and thinkin aboot putting an l28et in it. i got the tranny for it already, just would need an ecu, but for the route im gonna go prolly just get like megasquirt or something. so yeah... just curious. hope you find a shipper soon. reason it might be so expensive is because J lives in SD which is smakc dab in the middle of no where.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:21 PM

^ The car is in VA. I didnt bring it out here to SD with me. It's in a very heavy trucking/hauling area being as it's a very large port area on the east coast. So I wouldn't imagine securing a transporter in that area would be difficult. Hell, most of the vehicles on the road out there are semi's and car-haulers. Quite annoying.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Über User

oh.... so any who... about this l28et that your buikding... gonna have a need for the one currently in the car?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
now, when you say youve been working on a zxt motor... does that mean you have a motor already you have been building up? cause if that the case, i would love to take J's cars motor off your hands. i gots me a 260Z im pickin up this saturday and thinkin aboot putting an l28et in it. i got the tranny for it already, just would need an ecu, but for the route im gonna go prolly just get like megasquirt or something. so yeah... just curious. hope you find a shipper soon. reason it might be so expensive is because J lives in SD which is smakc dab in the middle of no where.
I will be keeping it.. Can always use a spae just in case the one running 22PSI blows.. LOL Also I am going to fab up a bracket to S/C the L28 like I originally wanted to do..

Quick Reply: I Miss You Guys!