280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

I hate them wires!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:42 PM

Question I hate them wires!!

My ZX's finally running, still some adjustments left to do, but now I have an issue with my brake lights, sigh

The two wires that are not connected are for the brake lights; however, if I connect them both...brake lights stay on all the time.

Now, those green plastic connectors..one goes to the brake pedal, clutch, and...Well, I don't know where each one goes, so if anyone's got a picture that can share...it will be greatly appreciated it.

The switch that's all by itself (in one of the pictures); the two wires hanging and unplugged, those wires used to connect to the AT stick (they shared the same grounding wire)...since I'm now on a MT, I don't know if I still need this switch or can I kill it all together?
Attached Thumbnails I hate them wires!!-img_0020-b.jpg   I hate them wires!!-img_0021-b.jpg  
Old 05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm a Registered User!

For the brakes, where the sensor/switch touches the pedal, is it actually touching it or going through a hole?

I had a problem where my brakes stayed on because the plastic/rubber piece that it pushed against on the pedal had fallen off leaving the hole. It's possible you don't have that on there with your new pedal set up and it's thinking you have your brakes on the entire time.

The green connections connect to similar switchs/sensors that touch each of the pedals. There should be two for the brake and one for the clutch. Those are for cruise control. I'll try to go snap a picture if I can...

As for your other connection, someone else will have to respond to that

Last edited by SpeciallySpiked; 05-11-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SpeciallySpiked
I had a problem where my brakes stayed on because the plastic/rubber piece that it pushed against on the pedal had fallen off leaving the hole. It's possible you don't have that on there with your new pedal set up and it's thinking you have your brakes on the entire time.

The green connections connect to similar switchs/sensors that touch each of the pedals. There should be two for the brake and one for the clutch. Those are for cruise control. I'll try to go snap a picture if I can...

I had the same problem. I found this crap on the floor under my pedals and was like, "WTF??" Well, I figured it out pretty quick when I pulled into the driveway in my wife's Trooper and saw the brake lights were on.

Anyway, I just found a bolt and nut that fit and adjusted it so the brake lights would work correctly. It beats the hell out of another rubber piece falling out or going bad. I still haven't gotten to the clutch pedal so the cruise control will work...but I'll get to it.............someday.