280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Hello from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 PM

Hello from the UK

Hi everyone, Ive just bought a 280ZX (Yet to see it!) and thought i would introduce myself, My names Scott and i live in Barnstaple, North Devon, UK. This ZX is a UK car but has been out in Spain for the last 10 years, The previous owner had the car for 28 years, He's recently passed away. This car is a very rare spec for a UK car, Firstly it's a very early one and it's a SWB manual, Nearly all UK cars were 2+2 Auto's so i'm dead chuffed to find this especially as it was cheap! Our climate and salty roads has killed off most of the ZX's here, Mines apparently had welding repairs to the underside, Can't wait to see this! and a freshly rebuilt engine. My intention is to strip and rebuild it, My brother has a bodyshop so he will do all the paint. Thought i'd drop a pic of my other 'Datsun' It's a stage1 R33 Skyline, Absolutely mint and 340bhp at the fly! Will keep you updated with the progress on the ZX if you are interested, Cheers, Scott.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Oh my pics did'nt load!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Use the Photobucket tags to post pics.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Welcome! Skylines are all but non-existant in the US so post some pics
Old 11-16-2012, 03:20 AM

Cheers Fella's, About to install Windows 8 so i'll get back with some pic's when i'm done with that, FricFrac i know Skylines are rare in the US but wondered where you guys get all the RB's from? Do you ship them in from Japan or NZ and OZ? Cheers, Beers, Scott
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Skylines are a dime a dozen here in Canada. We import stuff all the time including front clips, complete engine/tranny/harness setups but the container full from all sorts of JDM cars. I'm on the West coast so it's even more prolific here. Every S13,14 and 15 has an SR20 swapped into it... There are by far more RHD 300ZX's here than LHD. RHD in the USA is impressive - it's boring here in Canada... I was thinking about doing an RB swap but the L28ET is much more unique and completely capable. I'll bet there are 80-100 Skylines to every 280ZX where I live.

Unique is the RB30 because I think you guys were one of the only places to get them (and NZ maybe?) and we import from Japan not Australia.