280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Frustrating

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Frustrating

So its been quite a frustrating day. I got up at 4 to go to work this morning and was home by 12. I was happy to get off early so i thought i'd work on my Z. So i went to the machine shop and dropped off my crank and picked up my pistion rings and bearinso along with new main bearings. than i went and bought all new parts to put on the motor as i go through the build oil pump, water pump, gaskets, sensors etc... I went back to hte machine shop to pick up my crank and drop off my exhaust maifold only to find a quarter sized hole in it. I cam home and decided maybe it'll just get better if i start putting this motor together and i'll feel like something is getting done... I open the box of main bearings i paid $170 for rings and all new bearings and found out the stiffed me one main bearing. after getting a little upset i realized i should have checked it before i left, so i went to autozone to see if just maybe they had one cuz the machine shop was already closed. NO bearings! so i came home and took out the bearings i had already put in and now the project is on hold till i order the lifters and get that on stupid bearing!

How was everyone else's day!