280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Drift Bible

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Drift Bible

I know there's some drifters on here. So this is mainly for you. And anyone thinking about getting into drifting you should check this out. If anyone wants the BMI: Drift Bible then let me know. Just PM me and it's all yours. Cause I'm just cool like that No seriously though, if you haven't seen this video it's really good and really informative. I came across it for free so I figured I'd pass it on for free. PM me and I'll get back to you.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:14 PM
From NY to AZ

Well my ZX is parked for the winter and my other car is FWD, so no drifting for me for a while
Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

So, this guy I know on another board was talkin' smack, ok he wasn't really, because he's friends with a lot of guys on the board, but he's got a front wheel drive Eclipse and started talkin' about drifting and DAMN did he get a load of crap... Ok, mostly from me, but everyone threw fuel on the fire after I lit the match. Poor guy, he's actually really nice, but just didn't know you can't really drift a FWD car... It was too funny, then I felt bad for him... for about 5 seconds, then I had to laugh again...

It's not his fault given the state of public education nowadays... Physics class just isn't what it used to be...
Old 11-20-2005, 02:33 AM
From NY to AZ

He most likely used the secret JDM FWD drifting techniqe: stick fast food trays under the rear wheels and leave the parking brake on
Old 11-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by 007max
He most likely used the secret JDM FWD drifting techniqe: stick fast food trays under the rear wheels and leave the parking brake on
Dude! That would totally work!!!!!

Rod.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:39 AM

i think im going to have my friend hear in town with his eclipse gst try that , i need some food trays to give him !!!
Old 11-20-2005, 10:18 AM
From NY to AZ

We have these rectangular metal trays at Pizza Hut that are pretty much the ideal size to hold a tire 12x8x1.5 now if i only had some P.O.S. car to try this out with
Old 11-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Über User

fast food trays suckthey are plastic and crack many times when you roll onto them, sept wendys', they wear out after like 5 minutes not even....just go buy some cookie sheets...they work just as good and spark up like a ****, fun for everyone.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:22 AM
The Good Twin

Wow! Cookie sheet & fast food tray drifting! Should we rename this thread as "White Trash Ghetto Drifting?"
Old 11-20-2005, 12:08 PM
NisTuner

Is this the video with Keiichi Tsuchiya showing how to drift in a bunch of differnt cars and what not? If so can I get a copy of it from ya. Hell I'll take it even if it's not the drift bible I'm thinking of.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Yeah, that's the one duowing. PM me your email address.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:02 PM

w00t!

J, you're a good man.

I dl'ed this a little while ago and man, I must say, it's opened up a world that I knew very little about. I love how DoriDori talks you through it, and gives you hints and secrets.

This winter, I'm SOOOO hitting up the church parking lot around the corner from me.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:44 PM

It's the best video on drifting I've ever seen. I mean, it doesn't have the flash of some of the strictly entertainment vid's out there. But you can't beat the instruction on this one. I especially like the way it shows steerin, footwork, and weight transfer all on one screen. It's great.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Damn I didn't realize how big of a file this thing is. It's been uploading to my email for quite some time now. Anybody know how to compress a video file to make it easier to send?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:44 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Damn I didn't realize how big of a file this thing is. It's been uploading to my email for quite some time now. Anybody know how to compress a video file to make it easier to send?

Ya gotta use a video editing program. Windows XP might work well enough. I use Ulead Video Studio
Old 11-20-2005, 08:05 PM

Even better idea is to download a Torrent file download program [like BitTorrent or BitLord] and download the .torrent file. Opening the torrent file in one of the client programs will connect to a series of P2P computers and "seeds", and download the vid file. I'm a seeder of the .avi file [here's the .torrent file link - http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=...ht&ext=&op=and ], so you're guaranteed at least one connection.

Enjoy.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:44 AM

Hey D, have you heard of LimeWire? It's the ish. You can find anything on there. You sign up for a free trial. This trial ends at your convenience. So basically when ever you're ready to upgrade to the PRO version you can. But there's no time limit. But the best part is you can download ANYTHING. So once you've got the trial version you just run a program search for LimeWire Pro and download the upgraded version you're supposed to be paying for. It's a P2P network and the network is HUGE and it's fast too. If you don't have it, give it a whirl. http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml Just click "Get it now" then click on "basic" (thats the free one). You won't be dissapointed
Old 11-21-2005, 08:45 AM
The Good Twin

Hey D, have you heard of LimeWire? It's the ish. You can find anything on there. You sign up for a free trial. This trial ends at your convenience. So basically when ever you're ready to upgrade to the PRO version you can. But there's no time limit. But the best part is you can download ANYTHING. So once you've got the trial version you just run a program search for LimeWire Pro and download the upgraded version you're supposed to be paying for. It's a P2P network and the network is HUGE and it's fast too. If you don't have it, give it a whirl. http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml Just click "Get it now" then click on "basic" (thats the free one). You won't be dissapointed

actually... once you get the trial... just search for LimeWire Pro, d/l it & install... then you have PRO for free... but I didn't say that!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
actually... once you get the trial... just search for LimeWire Pro, d/l it & install... then you have PRO for free... but I didn't say that!
Isn't that what I said. Or didn't say, if you know what I mean

Oh and final call. Anyone who still wants this let me know now. I'm putting all your emails who want this in one folder and when I attach the movie I'm sending it out to all of you at the same time. So speak up.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:30 AM
The Good Twin

Isn't that what I said. Or didn't say, if you know what I mean
LoL... I guess I should pay attention to what I'm reading
Old 11-21-2005, 10:42 AM

I ran the video through movie maker and that got it down to half of its original size. But it's still huge. Its uploading to my email as we speak so once that's done I'm gonna check again and see if anybody else wants it then it's getting sent out.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
The Good Twin

I ran the video through movie maker and that got it down to half of its original size. But it's still huge. Its uploading to my email as we speak so once that's done I'm gonna check again and see if anybody else wants it then it's getting sent out.
rough estimate on size?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:53 AM
The Good Twin

While we're waiting for that drift vid... here are some other drift vids that I found on the DTM Forum: (right click & save as)

http://www.mobisux.com/tabla/files/M...0Part%20II.wmv 111MB

http://www.sleeper7.net/~d1fujispeed...024%202005.wmv 14.2MB
Old 11-21-2005, 11:28 AM

Already a step ahead of ya bro - I even dl'ed the Pro version. Good to see I'm not the only one that uses it here, though. Oh wait, that's right, you've got your vids on LimeWire.

My version of the Drift Bible is in .avi format, and approximately 690Mb. So, I'm guessing J's size estimate is around 350Mb. Not bad at all, for a full-featured DVD burned to .avi format.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Doesn't post much...

Limewire Rocks!
I've been using it forever and I am always amazed at the stuff you can find on there. I highly recommend it if you haven't already tried it.

Rod.

Quick Reply: Drift Bible