280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

www.zspecgarage.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:06 PM

Hey guys, I've updated the site a little. It's a little easier on the eyes but it still doesn't have any pics or products up yet. I've run into a few minor, though lengthy delays. But the goods are coming, soon. Due to all the delays I've experienced thus far, I'm not going to give a definitive date just yet. But the site does have my logo up on it, so if you want to check it out and let me know what you think of it. I'm open to positive and negative feedback. Here's the link.

http://www.zspecgarage.com

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by s/cL3.0
What shop idea do you have?? I wanna start a different kind of car dealership. Just sell custom sleepers. Kinda like the GEO storm 2 door with a vortech charged LS1 engine.. I dont know how it fit but I have been killed by it 2 times now The thing is no joke
man, that's my idea right there! My friend has an extra 283 out of a '67 corvette. It's got dished pistons and a race set up block. I was talking to my friends about buying a cheap $300 geo prism/metro (whichever one is a hatchback), extend the front end, put some different fenders on it (like civic fenders or something stupid like that), paint it pink, and drop that 283 in there. Just the motor alone, tuned well, in the geo would outperform quite a few vehicles out there, I'm sure it'd smoke some civics.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Wow Jason ... you sure know how to do a webpage a lot better than I do. Looks sharp, I like it.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:16 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah Jason that is far out man! It looks verry professional! Way to go man!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:34 AM

Thanks guys. I lost a lot of sleep putting that thing together. It's good to hear some positive feed back.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Oh, and Dorifto, don't knock yourself man. Your site looks sharp. Keep it up.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:28 PM

Whats up with the Zspec GIRL thing??
Old 05-28-2005, 04:17 PM

I gotta appeal to everyone. Plus, my wife said she's alway wanted to design and sell her own line of clothing. So, she get's control over that aspect. She'll basically be running Zspec Girl, the only thing I'll have to do with that is making the parts.

She's real into it too, she's got designs made up and everything. She wanted a little chunk of the pie, so I gave it to her. I hope to give Zspec Girl it's own site eventually, but for now it's part of Zspec Garage. Sorry about the pink guys, it's her favorite color.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Bleach is my Hero

That is nice, I want some products.. I wasnt able to fix my hood, and the body shop will not touch it either, so my car is looking kinda ugly right now in the face.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Well not that I have the money for it but I would love the option of getting a carbon hatch and nice front airdam/splitter in carbon, and some interior pieces. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:40 PM

This question is for people residing outside the US and Canada because I've gotten a few responses from some of our members down under.

Is there a market for what I'm doing in your country?
How interested would you be in CF for the 280zx?

I'm just trying to get some feedback to find out if it would be worth the time and money to have distributors in other countries. I'd still be willing to ship on case by case basis, but that would raise the prices considerably considering shipping overseas. By having an importer in other countries distributing my products, I can cut costs considerably so you, the end user doesn't end up paying outrageous prices for my products.

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback. Oh and this post is not limited to people in Aust., that's just where the inquire's have been coming from.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:09 PM

Alright guys, I've finally secured a shop location. It requires relocating my residence some 5 hours from where I live now, and some 5 hours closer to Canada. But it's got a house attached to it. So for one low price I get my shop and my house all in one. Now for the bad news. It won't be ready for me to move into until August 1st. I've already payed the deposit so this time I know for sure that it's mine. I was starting to get irritated with every other shop falling through on me, so I was very excited to get this one. It's really nice too. Once I'm all moved in up there, I'll be starting mold construction, which takes about two weeks(13days of that is curing). And then parts pull out quick like. So the time is growing nearer my friends. Hopefully before summer ends you'll all be sporting some CF (those who want it anyways).
Old 06-20-2005, 06:06 PM

I haven't been able to do much to my site lately seeing how as I don't yet have any products to put on there, so I figured I'd try to do something to update it since I'm paying for it. So here it goes. I'm looking for links, mainly Z related links like clubs, retailers, parts yards, sites whatever, anything. But general purpose sites that relate in someway to Z's are welcome too. If you got a personal site you want me to link to site, I'd be happy to. So if you got something, let me know. I've got a couple on there(Dorifto, your sites on there) but I'm always looking for more. So help me out guys.
Thanks, Jason. http://www.zspecgarage.com

PS: You can either submit the links through the site, here in the forum for everybody to see, or PM me. It's up to you.

Oh, and the drawing for the hood will be ending in Aug. so if you want to enter, head over to the site if you haven't already. You got nothing to lose but about 35 sec.(longer if you're on 56k).
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 PM

www.trianglezclub.com Thats our local Z car club here in NC.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Alright. Project Zspec is home. FINALLY. I took some pics of her and posted them on my site. So if you want to take a look here's the link. There's a link on the home page to the pics. She's not much to look at but it'll give you guys an idea of what I'm working with. Now that I've fixed all the mechanical issues, my focus is on getting the body in shape so I can start pulling molds off of her. Oh, and I'm shaving the side markers, so when I release CF fenders, there won't be a provision for them. You'll have to cut them out yourself or I'll be having a small LED sidemarker available that I'm going to install on my Z. Anyways, here's the link: http://www.zspecgarage.com

And drew, I posted your club link on the site some time ago, but incase you didn't know its up.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:45 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey how ironic man. Your Z is the same color inside and out that my '81 came from factory! What a trip man, looks like a good car to do a project on. Not bad for 6 bills, keep us updated bro'!!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Would that be the gloss black, the primer black, the red, or the grey on exterior color WildmaN? I'm just playin. I assume you're talking about the red. She's not the prettiest girl on the playground, but nothing a little cosmetic surgery and maybe a shot of Botox wont fix
Old 07-09-2005, 09:53 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah my '81 was kind of a maroonish cimarron red exterior, and a deep red interior, all original, until I painted him a 2-tone color! But I kept the interior the same, I like original except for the steering wheel, and shift boot!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 PM

Ok well I'm sure atleast some of you are aware of my current situation. I moved to Virginia because I was supposed to have a house out here. Well turns out the land is shared with another house and local zoning laws prohibit me and my family from lliving in the other house. They won't even let me run electricity to it or anything. Sounded llike a bunch of BS to me. But oh well what can I do. So I'm living with my wifes grandparent at the moment. Well her grandpa secured us a piece of land and has payed the deposit and is paying to have the house moved there. I just gotta pay him back. The house should be move within this month and then I'm going to start constructing my shop there so I can get things rolling until I can get into a bigger place. I know I've said this before and was wrong but, it looks like my luck is finally changing. Again .
Old 09-08-2005, 10:59 AM

Jey J, I'll be driving out to Stafford and Richmond in November to see some family and friends ... if you need a hand with anything around then, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be around.

-Dave-O
Old 09-08-2005, 11:52 PM

Hit me up before you come out. I'm not too far from Richmond. Not too sure where Stafford is, still pretty new to this whole VA thing. Hell it's still wierd putting VA instead of CA. Oh and D, if you're going to end up keeping your Z don't sweat the distributor man. It's not that big of a deal. I'm going to be goine distributorless anyways so... But if you're looking forward to the money then I can still buy it off of you.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:15 AM

Nah ... it's cool. I was about to PM you asking about that - it's been over a week, and I hadn't seen anything in the mail ...

Seriously man, if you need it, it's here. I was just waiting for the okay from you. If not, that's fine as well. The money's not a big deal.

I'll definitely let you know when I come out - it all depends on the financial situation in the next couple months. Also, I think Stafford is about an hour and a half South [?] of Richmond, but that's small potatoes if I'm driving 2500 miles anyway.

-Dave-O
Old 09-09-2005, 09:49 PM

An hour and a half south will put you REALLY close to where I am. Are you bringing the FC out? If I can afford the gas by then and you bring an extra pair of drawers I know some wicked backroads around here. Sinle wide too, scary ish I've got the car sideways a couple times in the dirt along the road trying to avoid the occasional oncoming car. Good times
Old 09-09-2005, 10:02 PM

Yup. The FC is my daily, and the only car that's guaranteed to get me there and back. I'm definitely bringing an extra pair of tires [and but-huggers, since I know I won't leave streaks on just the pavement ] and I do plan to hit up some of those roads with some buddies - maybe we can all get together and have a massive touge session.

Sounds like fun. I'll be seein' ya in November then.

-Dave-O
Old 09-10-2005, 01:47 AM

Got any pictures of the Carbon fiber parts yet?

Quick Reply: www.zspecgarage.com