280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

www.zspecgarage.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 03:21 PM

www.zspecgarage.com

Ok guys, it's not much. Yet. But it's worth a quick look if you got a few spare seconds. Please check out my site and be sure to use the link to respond.
Thanks to everyone who has been supportive thus far and I'll keep you guys up to date.

http://www.zspecgarage.com

Thanks again
Jason Williams
Zspec Garage
info@zspecgarage.com
Old 05-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Bleach is my Hero

I sent you an email.. You know im in!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:07 PM

Should I get my shop idea off the ground, I'd be more than happy to be your West-Coast distributor. I'm already planning to advertise ya.

Can't wait to see the final products (both parts and the site).
Old 05-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by Dorifto
Should I get my shop idea off the ground, I'd be more than happy to be your West-Coast distributor. I'm already planning to advertise ya.

Can't wait to see the final products (both parts and the site).
What shop idea do you have?? I wanna start a different kind of car dealership. Just sell custom sleepers. Kinda like the GEO storm 2 door with a vortech charged LS1 engine.. I dont know how it fit but I have been killed by it 2 times now The thing is no joke
Old 05-07-2005, 10:39 AM

Haha ... frustrated? Sounds a lot like the LS6-powered Chevette in the next county up from me.

I want to open a performance speed shop. I'd like to specialize in:
-Drifting performance and tuning
-Autocross performance and tuning
-Touge (mountain road grip & drift) performance and tuning
-High-speed vehicle performance and tuning (Wangan and Zero-Yon style)
-Z-cars and parts
-Rotary-powered vehicles / performance

Basically ... "If the check clears, I'll do it."

... first items on the list are an all-wheel-drive Dynojet dyno, and a couple lifts. I know a bit about custom engine management (MegaSquirt, Electromotive, Haltech, etc.) and wiring, so I'd like to offer some sort of tuning and programming service. In the future, I'd like to import cars and parts from other countries - mainly Australia and Japan.

Originally Posted by s/cL3.0
I wanna start a different kind of car dealership. Just sell custom sleepers.
Nice. That would be straight up sweetness.

I will most likely get my start from buying older imports and suping them up - you know, older Preludes, MA70 Supras, Celicas, Z31s, other miscellaneous Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, and the like. Pretty much what everyone has for sale around here, but nobody wants to buy stock. Maybe some machining, if I can get the tools for cheap - something like custom brackets and fasteners.

I already have a bit of a setup going building cat-back and racing exhausts for some friends of mine. Within the next month or two, I'll be fabbing a 2.5" system on a friend's '05 Sentra 1.8S Limited, and a cat delete-pipe for a friend's Tiburon.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Haha ... frustrated? Sounds a lot like the LS6-powered Chevette in the next county up from me.

I want to open a performance speed shop. I'd like to specialize in:
-Drifting performance and tuning
-Autocross performance and tuning
-Touge (mountain road grip & drift) performance and tuning
-High-speed vehicle performance and tuning (Wangan and Zero-Yon style)
-Z-cars and parts
-Rotary-powered vehicles / performance

Basically ... "If the check clears, I'll do it."

... first items on the list are an all-wheel-drive Dynojet dyno, and a couple lifts. I know a bit about custom engine management (MegaSquirt, Electromotive, Haltech, etc.) and wiring, so I'd like to offer some sort of tuning and programming service. In the future, I'd like to import cars and parts from other countries - mainly Australia and Japan.

Nice. That would be straight up sweetness.

I will most likely get my start from buying older imports and suping them up - you know, older Preludes, MA70 Supras, Celicas, Z31s, other miscellaneous Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, and the like. Pretty much what everyone has for sale around here, but nobody wants to buy stock. Maybe some machining, if I can get the tools for cheap - something like custom brackets and fasteners.

I already have a bit of a setup going building cat-back and racing exhausts for some friends of mine. Within the next month or two, I'll be fabbing a 2.5" system on a friend's '05 Sentra 1.8S Limited, and a cat delete-pipe for a friend's Tiburon.
I may be able to help you with were to buy the lifts. My buddy TIM bought 2 of them for 6000.00 and I know the ones I was looking at were like 9k a piece. I see him put vans on there so they should hold imports with ease. Good Idea though I dont know of anyone does drifting work in AZ anyways..
Old 05-07-2005, 03:07 PM

The day draws nearer guys, and gals if there are any in attendance. I just got approved for a loan that will cover my cost for the initial supplies I need to make the first few hoods.

Someone had mentioned they wanted gelcoated items. Well I've decided to forgo the gel coat on exterior pieces. I'll explain. Gel coat does four things: 1) PRovides a protective barrier against UV exposure. 2)Gives a high gloss finish 3)Adds WEIGHT! Alot of it. $4)Adds cost, which means you pay more. I guess two outta four ain't bad.

I've decided to go with a clear coat instead. Why? It also provides UV protection. It also provides a high gloss finish, of matte, or whatever finish you want. And last of all, it don't weigh a damn thing and costs less than gelcoat because I use less of it (not because it's a cheap paint)! That's four outta four, much better.

Select items I choose can be gelcoated.

Anyways, it shouldn't be too much longer now before you see before you some pics of final products that you can purchase.

Oh, and to Dorifto and s/cL3.0, you both got a couple emails coming your way here soon.

Still working on the site.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Oh and s/c, email the info on those lifts, I'll be needing a lift or two. That's a hell of a price.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:02 AM

A friend steered me toward www.gesusa.com

Garage Equipment Supply ... tools, lifts, compressors ... you name it. Well, no dynos though.

I'll be talking with DynoJet within the month to see what it would cost me to lease one of their 248C Double-Rollers.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Thanks Dorifto.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Garage Equipment Supply ... tools, lifts, compressors ... you name it. Well, no dynos though.

I'll be talking with DynoJet within the month to see what it would cost me to lease one of their 248C Double-Rollers.
HA HA.. I just got back from my friends shop and that is actually where he purchased his from.. He spent 2400 for the 2 post clearfloor lifts, he has had them for 2 years with no problems.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:56 PM

Hey jfairladyz, it's JR, I will be starting those drawings a mentioned in my last e-mail within the week. I'll get one sketched up of my hood idea also. If the price is right, it's yours. J/K
Old 05-09-2005, 05:01 PM

I already shot you an email back.

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:04 PM

Oh and I've come up with the ultimate weight reduction idea.

You ready for this one?

Carbon Fiber windshields. I'm taking orders for these now.

Carbon Fiber Engine blocks are in the works now too.

If you don't think these are such great ideas, then maybe thats why I need all you guys sending me ideas. I can't read minds. Or can I? In fact I know exactly what all of you are thinking right now as you read this. How bad you want those carbon windshields. Freaky huh?
Old 05-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Oh and I've come up with the ultimate weight reduction idea.

You ready for this one?

Carbon Fiber windshields. I'm taking orders for these now.

Carbon Fiber Engine blocks are in the works now too.

If you don't think these are such great ideas, then maybe thats why I need all you guys sending me ideas. I can't read minds. Or can I? In fact I know exactly what all of you are thinking right now as you read this. How bad you want those carbon windshields. Freaky huh?
HA HA thats reall good I will take em all. I will send you a detailed email by the end of the week with drawings and outlines.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Come on guys ... let's give some input! You all know you want something in CF, but are too afraid to say it ... come on ... here, I'll start.

CF mirrors, center console, dash cover, T-tops, glovebox door ...

I can go on and on.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:35 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Try www.asedeals.com

Best deal I've found on lifts and free shipping too! I got the XL-9X so it clears doors easy and it fits in my garage with the door rolled up!

I didn't see the XL-9X for sale on the gesusa.com website, but asedeals.com has the wide 9X version for nearly $200 less then the narrow XL-9 on the gesusa.com website...

Have fun!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Everyone knows they want carbon t-top shades, a-pillars, b-pillars, rear hatch, fenders, and those windows, man why waste money on tint, I want those real bad!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:53 AM

Why not just make the whole car out of CF? How much do you think that would cost?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by DoTheDrew888
Why not just make the whole car out of CF? How much do you think that would cost?
hah, not much... maybe around 30 bucks tops...
Old 05-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by lessthanjabo
hah, not much... maybe around 30 bucks tops...
oh please with the cost of supplies.. Carbon is not cheap at all it would run at least 53.215 cents
Old 05-10-2005, 11:24 AM
The Evil Twin

Make it out of sheet metal. It'll be more sturdy in a strong wind. If only I could find some sheet metal body panels.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Originally Posted by BleachZee
Make it out of sheet metal. It'll be more sturdy in a strong wind. If only I could find some sheet metal body panels.
I heard that... But that stuff is sooo hard to find.. Good luck with that one.

p.s. I will be updating my gallery tonight WATCH OUT. project 450WHP
Old 05-11-2005, 05:09 PM

Carbon Fiber don't dent. And it'll survive a mild impact without cracking or shattering. Anything that would constitute replacing a CF panel would probably put a metal one into retirement as well. Don't be fooled by the cheap CF most companies use, or the **** that's draped over fiberglass. The stuff I use is 4x4 Twill Weave. Only one layer for a hood. Add Nomex and you're talking a hood you can literally jump up and down on without flex. Otherwise I use a Carbon Frame structure. Latch and hinge areas are also reinforced with extra carbon.

And just so everybody knows, I'm starting the molds for the hoods in a couple of weeks. A mold then takes two weeks before it can be put into comission for continual use. Parts take about a day, sometimes less, depends on the temp. So start saving the paychecks. It's almost time to put those Z's on a healthy diet.

No solid price yet, but they'll be less than what I've researched pure, race weight Carbon hoods going for. I've seen them all the way up to $1K. Ouch. Those must be shipped in gold plated crates.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:11 PM

Oh and s/c, hit me up when you get that gallery updated.

Quick Reply: www.zspecgarage.com