280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warning display stop/ tail lamp (solved)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:20 PM

warning display stop/ tail lamp (solved)

solving warning light display (stop / tail light)

if all the bulbs are good and the connectors are clean and still see the red light on the board the problem is in the stop / tail sensor

get a new sensor or disarm the sensor and follow the following steps

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

at least it helps me to get rid of that little red light on the dash I hope it is useful to someone else ...

Pd. With this modification works perfectly sensor always detects if any burnt-out bulb
Old 10-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

I think I'm missing something in the translation there. You said it disables the sensor then you said it detects if the bulb is burnt out. You can't have it both ways.

If you are simply disabling the sensor you just need to jumper the reed switches out like I expained over here
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by FricFrac
I think I'm missing something in the translation there. You said it disables the sensor then you said it detects if the bulb is burnt out. You can't have it both ways.

If you are simply disabling the sensor you just need to jumper the reed switches out like I expained over here
sorry, the idea is lost in translation, the point is to open the sensor to modify it so that it remains functional, at least it works for me.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:47 AM

i just did the headlamp sensor too for my HID headlight, but what i did was this

by the way i take borrow your picture!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by henrycas
i just did the headlamp sensor too for my HID headlight, but what i did was this

by the way i take borrow your picture!

No need to cut the lines. Also makes it easier to reverse it if you need to and it will be just like the original.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM

As we can see there are several ways to disable the headlamp sensor

another is to simply remove the wire going to the warning amplifier, and connect to ground.

would be good to find a way to make it work with hid, I think it is not so difficult, I will try ....
Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

I think you're missing the whole point of the thread I posted. The mod is precisely for HID upgrades.... normal lights draw enough current to enable the sensor whereas a relay (as the HID system uses) does not draw enough current to trigger the sensor so it needs to be disabled....
Old 10-24-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by FricFrac
I think you're missing the whole point of the thread I posted. The mod is precisely for HID upgrades.... normal lights draw enough current to enable the sensor whereas a relay (as the HID system uses) does not draw enough current to trigger the sensor so it needs to be disabled....
I am aware, that your modification is for the HID upgrade, disabling the sensor to avoid the red light indicates that a light is bad, but what I want to do is modify the circuit so you can detect the HID are working; (as I did with the stop / tail sensor,which now works perfectly).

then as I have done, changing the value of the resistors or diodes even the same reed swicht to be able to detect the low current consumption of the HID.

thanks for your answers
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by henrycas
I am aware, that your modification is for the HID upgrade, disabling the sensor to avoid the red light indicates that a light is bad, but what I want to do is modify the circuit so you can detect the HID are working; (as I did with the stop / tail sensor,which now works perfectly).

then as I have done, changing the value of the resistors or diodes even the same reed swicht to be able to detect the low current consumption of the HID.

thanks for your answers
That won't tell you if the HIDs are working since it runs it's own relay and seperate HV power supply and the HID itself is high voltage. You would need to have an optical detector mounted in front of the headlights or a high voltage detection circuit on each of the bulbs to see if it's working. Also HIDs typically run off a single circuit unlike the stock headlight setup which has two seperate circuits which can be monitored.