240Z, 260Z, 280Z V8 Swaps Chevy / Ford / Nissan V8 Motor Swaps

What is wrong with this forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:01 PM

What is wrong with this forum

Why is it that almost all threads in this forum have a comment to check out hybriz.org. This is a v8 forum for Datsun right?? I don't know of any stock v8 datsuns so it must be about conversions. I just don't get it.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:08 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by stemo76
Why is it that almost all threads in this forum have a comment to check out hybriz.org. This is a v8 forum for Datsun right?? I don't know of any stock v8 datsuns so it must be about conversions. I just don't get it.
Um... what don't you get? This is the V8 conversion section... there are threads about V8 conversions....

There's a lot of talk about HybridZ because that's the focus of their site... swaps. Why type again something that has already been typed? If you have questions / comments, we'll talk about them. If we know of someone that has the explanation all typed out, we'll post the link.

YAY
Old 08-05-2006, 08:58 PM

I guess what I was trying to say is I don't understand why so many people post "You are in the wrong place check out hybriz...". They are not in the wrong place.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:47 AM
ダットサンマニアック

I guess what I was trying to say is I don't understand why so many people post "You are in the wrong place check out hybriz...". They are not in the wrong place.
Nismo answered that already,
HybridZ, because that's the focus of their site... swaps.
Hybrid is a site which focuses on swaps, V8, RB, LS, SR, 7mgte,etc, etc. While Zdriver focuses on oem engines which came in their respective Z cars, L, VG or VQ .

Compare the Zdrivers V8 forum and hybrids V8 forum, you'll see why we recommend people to go to hybrid...

http://forums.hybridz.org/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Allen

Last edited by ASA240z; 08-06-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:30 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by ASA240z
While Zdriver focuses on oem engines which came in their respective Z cars, L, VG or VQ .
I like the way ya put that mi amigo!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:29 AM

I think that was his point though: Why do we have a V8 section? He wasn't asking why we have a forum at all. Hence the reason why his question was posted in the the V8 section. Our forum does focus on OEM Dastun/Nissan engines. And if nobody here can help with V8 questions then why have a V8 forum thats not going to be used? He probably saw the V8 section...came in herer thinking there would be information. Instead its a bunch of smack talk (lambo killer thread) and Hybridz.org links. His question was legit in my eyes cause this particular part of the forum is pretty pointless and just not helpful at all unless you need a link to hybridz.

If we're going to have a V8 section then why not fill it with information? So what if it's available on other sites. People like this site. Why drive traffic away when someone who know the info can easily put it here. Better yet if you've put the info on another site yourself then it's as simple as copy and paste.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 08-06-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
I think that was his point though: Why do we have a V8 section? He wasn't asking why we have a forum at all. Hence the reason why his question was posted in the the V8 section. Our forum does focus on OEM Dastun/Nissan engines. And if nobody here can help with V8 questions then why have a V8 forum thats not going to be used? He probably saw the V8 section...came in herer thinking there would be information. Instead its a bunch of smack talk (lambo killer thread) and Hybridz.org links. His question was legit in my eyes cause this particular part of the forum is pretty pointless and just not helpful at all unless you need a link to hybridz.

If we're going to have a V8 section then why not fill it with information? So what if it's available on other sites. People like this site. Why drive traffic away when someone who know the info can easily put it here. Better yet if you've put the info on another site yourself then it's as simple as copy and paste.
you captured my point exactly. I think its great to point people in right direction for their answers even if they are at another site. I just don't understand why they say they are in the wrong place when this is a v8 forum. Hopefully we can build the information here as well. The more information this site has the more it will grow and be that much more useful.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:29 PM
The Good Twin

you captured my point exactly. I think its great to point people in right direction for their answers even if they are at another site. I just don't understand why they say they are in the wrong place when this is a v8 forum. Hopefully we can build the information here as well. The more information this site has the more it will grow and be that much more useful.
Do you have any threads as examples of people saying "they are in the wrong place" ? I'm just curious as to what was said...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:33 PM

Ooh, ooh...I got an idea!!!!

How about we all stop bickering over there not being any information in here and save the space for when someone DOES have some information The most underused forum on this site is getting all this attention and it's got nothing to do with V8 swaps.