240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

WTB an Old Z Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 AM

WTB an Old Z Car

I have wanted a Z car for a long time but there are several factors keeping me from buying one; A. Money, I need the money to invest into it which I do not have but would love to, B. some of the gear on the Z's are archaic and would need to be replaced well that again goes to the money aspect, but dealing with the Rack and Pinion steering is a pain especially when used to the Power Steering. Okay that was only 2 factors really but I am curious if you all out there would recommend upgrading the brakes, steering, suspension, and engine to something a little better and how much would it cost to do so?

Any recommendations you all could give would be great.

I am new to this forum, my name is Michael.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 AM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Feel free to browse around and search this forum as all your questions have been asked and answered. w00t!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Welcom to the forum!

Rack and pinion steering works great in my 260Z. Not sure what the problem with it. You just get used to manual steering, and it robs less from the engine. These cars are light. I drove an old Studebaker with manual steering, and these feel like power steering compared to that. Not bad at all. And, very resonsive, and crisp feeling on the road. I kinda like it.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

if money is a problem u might want to find one in Great shape or save your pennys. u can pretty much do w/e u want to these cars. so its up to you to figure out what u want. do u want a drag car, autocross car, fun spiritual car or stock. its all gonna cost money so just be prepared. rack and pinion is great. unless u get some fatass tires then it might be a little hard. but also depends what generation u want. s30,s130,z31,z32