240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

glasspack

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:20 PM

glasspack

would strappin a glasspack directly to my header cause any problems? other than be loud?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:17 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by ThermalWake
would strappin a glasspack directly to my header cause any problems? other than be loud?
It would cause extreme GHETTO-NESS....
Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Taste My Rainbow

Yeah, Now If You Had It Lifted With The Mud Flaps On It That Would Be Different
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
ダットサンマニアック

Well there are a couple problems. First would be the fact that the cops would be on you all the time for the loudness. Also you may loss some bottom end performance from a lower backpressure. With gaspacks, after a while the noise is going to get louder because the material in the gaspack will start burning away. Check Jeg's and summit, they have a header insert that welds into the header thus helping reduce nosie, altough it probably wont be nearly as quite as a muffler. Check them out, as I have never personally used one of these.

Later,

Allen
Old 07-18-2006, 12:47 PM

My Datsun has 2 1/2 inch piping straight from the header into a glasspack in the rear, and my dad melted out all of the fiberglass in it...it's loud, but not too loud. I've never been pulled over by a cop for noise pollution, and I tend to let the engine rev high...
Old 07-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Big Poppa

glass packs are o.k, but they are quite raspy, they make lots of noise, and almost sound ricey on our cars, no offense fast, i guess i have just grown out of the glass packs, i got the msa kit with turbo muffler. if you want to hear what it sounds like check out the announcements section, then go to entropy's pictures, his first pic in photobucket is a video of my car, it sounds pretty good
Old 07-18-2006, 04:59 PM
ダットサンマニアック

Originally Posted by SHADY280
glass packs are o.k, but they are quite raspy, they make lots of noise, and almost sound ricey on our cars, no offense fast, i guess i have just grown out of the glass packs, i got the msa kit with turbo muffler. if you want to hear what it sounds like check out the announcements section, then go to entropy's pictures, his first pic in photobucket is a video of my car, it sounds pretty good

That Turbo muffler sounds really nice!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:17 PM

I should get a good quality recording of the glasspack on my Z. It sounds raspy, but it's more muscular than anything else. With the way it sounds, I've told people it has a v8 in it and pulled it off. It doesn't sound ricey, in my opinion, sounds more like performance to me. I'll have to get a digi cam and make a good quality recording of it.