240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to performance motor enhancements, upgrades.

260z turbo swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
try the LED test like i said. get an LED and disconnect the injector plug and stick the LED in the clips contacts it should pulse. if it doesnt its not getting signal. mostlikely it will, if not though, wire on a new pig tail if still no. try foolin with the wire on the ECU itself. where the vid!?!?!? and did you get that timing up to 20-25?

Yeah timings good. Will test the pulse tomorrow too. I think its a gummy injector. I already wired on a new plug because the old one broke when I was cleaning it. I barely touched it I swear.... And the video is still uploading. Youtube was taking forever so I`m putting it on myspace.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Über User

shoulda went with streetfire.net they gots a much better compression process. holds video quality AWESOMELY! i know they even got some HD **** uploaded on there, but i think thats only do-able from like their mods and sht.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=28784905

Yay!! video of my crappy running turbo 260z...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Über User

mmmhmmm.. cant see anything. lol. but yeah, its missing badly. should get to crackin on that cylinder.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

mmmhmmm.. cant see anything. lol. but yeah, its missing badly. should get to crackin on that cylinder.

Its all dark. Tomorrow it will be fixed. Still fast running on 5. When its done I`m gonna put it up against my buddy's evo8 from a roll. Video tomorrow after its fixed.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Über User

from a roll? your gonna loose. bad. lol. just brake boost it k! so you can get a jump on him.

fyi brake boosting is when you give it full throttle but use the brake to keep your speed the same as his when your lined up, the car will build near full boost then so when you let go of the brake it takes off at full power no lag. also start out in 2nd gear so around 35mph roll cause even though he is gonna take you in the top end, specially since these cars slow down alot right around 90, 1st will spin.

have him have a passenger and record it! and dont get caught. lol.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Mkay, I`m getting signal to the number 6 cylinder injector. I pulled the injector and saw nothing wrong with it but am not getting fuel through it. I think I need a new one.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Über User

try pulling the fuel rail with the injectors still attatched and the fuel lines and crank the motor see if it sprays. if it does a little try just cleaning it by running pure seafoam through the lines using ur spare fuel pump to it and then hitting the leads on the injectors with a 9v batter i believe on the dirty one. should open it and spray pure seafoam.

if it doesnt spray at all try cleaning it out anyways and the lead on the injector and try again. if nothing. then u gots a dead injector
Old 02-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

try pulling the fuel rail with the injectors still attatched and the fuel lines and crank the motor see if it sprays. if it does a little try just cleaning it by running pure seafoam through the lines using ur spare fuel pump to it and then hitting the leads on the injectors with a 9v batter i believe on the dirty one. should open it and spray pure seafoam.

if it doesnt spray at all try cleaning it out anyways and the lead on the injector and try again. if nothing. then u gots a dead injector

HAHA I was just about to ask if I could run pure cleaner.... I hope its not dead those is 60 bucks each.... I`m running outa moneys.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Okay folks, I now know why my number 6 cylinder isn`t working.

The project begins.

And a little into it.

Down the hole.

EWWWW

Needless to say I`m gonna try to clean this and make it work. If not new injector time.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Über User

fo show!!! i hope you changed the engine oil and go run pure seafoam through all of them, cause likely they are all close to that condition
Old 02-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

fo show!!! i hope you changed the engine oil and go run pure seafoam through all of them, cause likely they are all close to that condition

Nope same ole oil..... Kidding its got royal P in it. And yeah gonna run some pure sea foam but first I am gonna try to salvage this injector. Its not letting any fuel through. I told you it was gummy.... Or rather lacquered shut. So sick of pouring money into this car. But hell the 1/2 mile I drove it was fantastic.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:58 PM
The Good Twin

What cc are those green top injectors?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by NismoPick
What cc are those green top injectors?
No idea, they was in the engine when I bought it.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

I`ve got a buick grand national 3.8 liter FI, would those injectors work in my car?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
I`ve got a buick grand national 3.8 liter FI, would those injectors work in my car?
Interesting you bring that up... They do. I think they are 300cc's. You may need to adjust the AFM a bit, but they will work. I had my eye on an ebay set a while back... but I'm sick of spending $$$ on my Z. Pop those suckahs in and crank up the boost!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Interesting you bring that up... They do. I think they are 300cc's. You may need to adjust the AFM a bit, but they will work. I had my eye on an ebay set a while back... but I'm sick of spending $$$ on my Z. Pop those suckahs in and crank up the boost!

How does one adjust the afm?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
The Good Twin

How does one adjust the afm?
http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/afm/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/jfairladyz/...?1144191577198
Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Oh yeah I was gonna tell everyone, now that the turbo motor is in and running, I`ll be selling off the intake parts off the n/a. So if anyone wants a dual weber setup on a cannon (I think) intake make me an offer.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Über User

well looky there, u got slightly bigger injectors so you can up the boost now
Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

well looky there, u got slightly bigger injectors so you can up the boost now

How do I up the boost? The only other turbo car I owned was a dsm. 90 talon. BUILT. Anyways I had an electronic boost controller in that. How do I do it without the buttons? (I sound like a spoiled kid but I built the dsm myself.)
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Über User

with a boost controller u turd. electric preferably manual also works. but id wait till u had an IC setup just cause. u gonna try out dem GN injectors?
Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

with a boost controller u turd. electric preferably manual also works. but id wait till u had an IC setup just cause. u gonna try out dem GN injectors?

I think I may, We will see how this stock one goes. If I can get it clean and firing then I`ll stay stock till I got an IC and everything setup. I`ll keep them GM ones on the shelf for the future though. If this won`t clean and fire then I will be putting those in out of necessity.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Okay folks, I now know why my number 6 cylinder isn`t working.

The project begins.

And a little into it.

Down the hole.

EWWWW

Needless to say I`m gonna try to clean this and make it work. If not new injector time.
What kind of cleaner did you use for the injector? (the one soaking in the cup) I am thinking my injectors in my '82 n/a are clogged up also. I may try what you did, and see what happens.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

That is Sea foam. Strait sea foam.

Quick Reply: 260z turbo swap