Z Events Forums for all upcoming Z events and signup lists!

September "Zcar of the Month"

Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

September "Zcar of the Month"

Ok, new month, New Zcar to select.
Time to resubmit those applications.
Good luck everyone.
A reminder of the rules is as below:

- Year / Make / Model
- Best 4 pictures of your car.
- List of mods.
- Best Story about you and your Z.

To enter in the contest just reply to this thread with the information listed above. The Admins will pick, and each month the winner will be allowed to vote as well. If you win you will get the following:

- one year subscription to nissan sport magazine (http://www.nissansportmag.com)
- Your car and story listed on the front page.
- Custom Title
- Custom Gallery entry in the "Zcar of the Month" gallery.

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 09-18-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Jack Of All Trades

- 1993 Nissan 300ZX N/A Slicktop Coupe

-Pic #1, I think the lighting looks cool.

-Pic #2, Road trip up the coast.

-Pic #3, Waiting to haul A$$

Pic #4, Roof Top View

- List of mods.
K&N Filter
SuperTrapp Mufflers
Stillen Sway Barz
Brembo D/S Rotorz
Axxis Metallic Pads
Tokico HP Shocks

- Best Story about you and your Z.
The best story so far was my first track event with the car at the Streets of Willow. Took the driving class with the Porsche Owners Club. All of these high dollar Porsche owners were wowing my car. So few new what it was and had never heard of the 300zx. Next, after a few laps with the instructor, I picked up the pace with him still in the car. I over-cooked this little "S" section and got the car into a big long slide. The slide consisted of a ~50 yard straight and a 90* left hand turn where I came to a stop at the exit of the turn in the middle of the track. I just remember hearing the instructor, the whole time, going " wow wow wow wow". To top it off, my lap times at the end of the day were competitive with most of the other student Porsche drivers.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Sept Z of the month

1992 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Pic Number 1

Pic Number 2

Pic Number 3

Pic Number 4

Mods
Engine
Z1 Motors Stage 1 Turbos (Sport 500s)
Z1 Motors SMIC Upgrade
Nismo 555cc Injectors
Ashspec ECU
Stillen Hiflow intake
TurboXS RFL BOVs
Apexi AVC-R (Custom Mounted in Ashtray)
RPS Street/Strip Max Clutch
Hose Techniques silicon vacuum lines
Stillen Silicon Boost hoses
Optima Yellow Top battery
Gold plated Terminal Connectors w/quick disconnect
Z1 Motors Split DP
Z1 Motors Testpipes
Custom Catback w/Magnaflow mufflers

Brakes/Suspension
SPL Parts 350Z Track Edition Rotor/Caliper Relocator Kit
Powerslot 350Z rotors
Hawk Pads
Goodridge SS Lines
Carbing Front Strut Bar
Eibach lowering springs
KYB Adjustable shocks
Stillen 3 Way adjustable Front Sway Bar
Stillen 2 Way Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Top Speed Performance HICAS Eliminator

Interior/Exterior
99 Jspec Fascia w/corners
99 Jspec Taillights
Enkei RPO1 18x9 With Nitto 245/40 tires
Enkei RPO1 189.5 with Nitto 275/35 tires
Imports Extreme seats with Z logo
3 Gauge DIN pod
Autometer AF/Boost/EGT Gauges
HKS Type 1 Turbo timer
Kenwood Excelon Headunit
Black Z floor mats
Best Story
I recently went to the Recaro Tuning evet that was held at the Hockenheim Ring Germany. It was probably the best weekend ever for me. Me and my friends were walking around after doing a little drag racing and taking some pictures. While we were at one booth we noticed there was a Dyno booth. We went to the booth and signed up for the next day (the last day) at 1330 (1:30 pm for all the civilians) All day long I was nervous as nervous can be. The next morning I woke up, checked the codes on my ECU (55) and proceded to take my car to the booth. The guy in front of me ( a 80's model Chevy pickup w/454) put down some decent numbers. I was nervous about being shown up by a truck now. He came off the dyno and I came on. The crowd around the booth started to get bigger and bigger. Now I am really nervous. He said I was the last run of the day (last day of the show) so I was allowed a couple runs. I started her up and started rolling through the gears. Got to 4th, matched the CPU with my RPMs and floored it. Redlined and stopped. The man running the machine said "463!!!" I was like "Awesome!!!" I ran a couple more times but didnI t beat the first run. We pulled it off the machine and he came up to me and told me that I was First for the whole weekend. I beat the Viper that was on the day before by 16 HP. He also told me about the Z he just sold in the states (For an SL 65 AMG) We parked the Z next to a Lamborghini Gallardo and watched as everyone passed the Lambo and moved on to the Z with the hood open and the dyno sheet taped to the nose panel. Great day for me!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

come on ppl, 10 more days for this month and only two entries?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
caught the z fever

might as well be for october
Old 09-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Über User

haha...i love that 300 j.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:50 AM
confuzed member

I'm not posting mine with German boy's awesome Z up there!
Old 09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally Posted by emo236
I'm not posting mine with German boy's awesome Z up there!
lol don't be afraid, it's up to the mods to vote. There's many aspects to base our decision on, so he might not win. We'll see.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 PM

This is my 1982 280zx turbo 5 speed 2+2 i bought this car 4 years ago when i first moved to CLOVIS " NEW MEXICO " USA... When i bought this car they was major wireing issues and minor fuel delivery problems. SInce then i have cared loved and put alot of work into my " Z " Car.. As u can see i have done minor work to my " Z "

Mods

Custom 3.5 in 90* cold air intake that i had custom made for me.
K&N type Air filter + Sheild.
Euro Type 3A Muffler
Jsk # 191 Fuel rail
Manual boost controller
FAZE 30 psi Boost gauge set beside my Cd player Custom made by myself
Polishing to JSK fuel rail
Polishing to Turbo Valve cover
Polishing to 15 inch stock turbo " swazzy " wheelz outer lips plus, center
Polished to Thermostate houseing " looks awsome ! "
Blue wheel caliper paint applied to all rotors and calipers to prevent rust .
20 % window tint done by myself
Two kenwood 6x9's Powered by a kenwood 300 watt amp
pionner cd player hooked up to kenwood 6.5 speakers stock locations..
Attached Thumbnails September "Zcar of the Month"-100_0097_resize.jpg   September "Zcar of the Month"-100_0098-_resize.jpg   September "Zcar of the Month"-100_0099_resize.jpg   September "Zcar of the Month"-100_0100_resize.jpg   September "Zcar of the Month"-100_0107_resize.jpg  

Old 09-22-2006, 01:20 AM
confuzed member

yea but what doesn't J have on his Z? HE's got the whole package. I mean his Z is pretty much everything I'd do if I had the money except I would have gone with a built motor and a different turbo/injector setup (sport 700?). Basically, Greg Dupree's motor in J's car. Nicely built....he's got my vote. Maybe I'll do a photo shoot and enter my car in next month...I have no pics of my car right now.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Sept Z of the month

Thanks guys for the compliments.

I went with the Sport 500s (Z1's Version) before I drove the car ( I was in Iraq) Everyone at the time said it would be enough. It was for a week or two. Built motor and some GT2350 (or the new version, dont know the number) will be after my next deployment.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Über User

im thinking on postin me n my dads proj car...i just gotta get pics, hope my sis has here digi.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:22 PM

LOL some body has a crush on z car barbie !~!!!! she looks pretty but i bet shes married and has children...
Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Über User

Well... I'm in. project 75 280Z. got it from cali in crap condition...only rust though was in the battery hold down area. well the only rusted threw part... it was many colors, didnt really run. so me n my dad went to town. I stripped the interior. he stripped the body. Then....RESTO TIME....intereior exterior under body...engine...everything. and this is what we got.

I'll add a story later...i HAVE TO RUN
has header, cam, soon exhaust, and very soon: rebuilt/new tranny & rebuilt motor due to recent tranny prob and my dads way of thinking.....meh. upgraded speakers, not system, and head unit.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 09-23-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:19 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by nismo619
but i bet shes married and has children...
you lose that bet.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Über User

sorry for hte lateness, but here is my story for the car....i can remember the day we got it....thought the thing was dead when we tried to drive it home from the shipping depot at 11pm...just needed some gass...drove it into the garage where it sat on jackstands for the next 1.5 years. that following day i was in charge of tearing apart the interior and electrical. i had to label so many dman connecters with masking tape and sharpie it was redic. but 4 hours later there wasnt a wire or piece of interior left int he car.... then we cut out our own carpets and floor mats....rehapolstered the seats. got a new dash. put that all together and back in...cleaned the hell out of the originaly interior parts. The exterior was this 10 year old fadded peeling rusting forest green color....car looked beat. but we stripped the paint to bare metal. cleaned it primed it cleaned it. then a 7 month long session of perfectionist painting came....spray a part here...respray it here. if there was any sort of run, strip it down....we painted everything until it was perfect. which is hard in a home garage. tuned up the engine...stupid AFM. i made an intake for it lol. had a header and cam. then i remember the day it was finally all done and set on the ground....i had recently lost my Z to my parents rule for street racing (the time they cuaght me) so my dad took me out to a windy road. said...ok you drive, and then said this is what you drive the Z for...not the straight line. and now i wish i respected those words teh first time. not the second.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Über User

oh yeah but now the car just 3 days ago become stuck in third gear (manual tranny) so its back up on the jack stands as you can see in one of the undercarrage pics i took today. the other ones are from a week ago before this happened...
Old 09-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Doesn't post much...

Well, my month in the spotlight as the August ZOM winner is up in less than 24 hours and There are still no pictures of my car on the front page... No parade, no band, no party... Just a fleeting brush with greatness. Oh well, I hope the September winner gets some recognition.

In all seriousness though, I know Silvrhnd is REALLY busy, so I'm sure he will eventually change the home page to show the ZOM winners.

Good luck to whoever wins September!

Rod.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Über User

i will....HAHA...
so we got the tranny down, my dad is gonna pull the motor in an afternoon apparently...damn that guy is something else....and the clutch was holy crap shot......holy crap.... and the tranny left 3rd....so it seems to work again now that it is removed...wierd... new disc is goin in i am assuming, but i have to get an engine hoist.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Sept Z of the month

So uh, when is the winner being selected??
Old 10-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Über User

they vote on it now that its october...should have a decision in a few days.....i think...
Old 10-02-2006, 10:51 AM
confuzed member

you won....just accept it!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
if da joiman kid don't win, it would be a surprise??!! are there any prizes for the most used daily driver?? not pretty, all stock, runs well-an ugly duck. too old to be a duckling. 244k miles and pretty much looks it------my AE is the pretty one with a future--but no mods.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:11 PM

how do we vote? I realize this ones over...but uh, for next month

I keep forgetting about this whole thing.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
how do we vote? I realize this ones over...but uh, for next month

I keep forgetting about this whole thing.
mods and admins vote.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: September "Zcar of the Month"