Wanted (WTB / WTT) Need a part? Looking for a new car? Ask here! Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posting here

Looking for an analog 280zx clock or cluster

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Looking for an analog 280zx clock or cluster

I am looking for an older working 280zx hand clock, or the whole cluster itself. I want to get rid of the digital clock. Because I can't change the display to purple. I am going led's in my interior. To get the UV lighting effect, and having an old hand clock. I would be able to achieve that. Anyway post here, or email me, if you have one, and how much. My email is atranfanatic@yahoo.com Thanks.

Oh, I was looking around on the web. But people want an arm and a leg for one of those clusters. I am not paying over $100 for a cluster. lol Anyway, let me know.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
The Evil Twin

over $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, I'm too nice. I sold one about a month ago for $20 on Craigslist. Took me months to find a buyer... I still have a digital cluster and was asking $10 for it. The analog clock is hard to find.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Big Poppa

wildman i think i have one, shoulda told me before i shipped the cold start valve. lol ill go look and get back to you on here. at some point my clock is getting replaced by a wideband display. i already replaced the volt guage with a autometer one that reads correctly
Old 04-01-2011, 04:32 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Cool Shady thanks. Yeah I thought about it just yesterday actually. lol I have one somewhere, but I misplaced it. Anyway, no big deal I'll get it from you if you have it.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Also, will the analog clock work in a digital clock cluster? Meaning are the plug ins the same for the clock? I am not quite sure. lol
Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Big Poppa

i have a digital i think and analog, i can see what the mounting and power hook ups are like. i have too look thru the boxes, how much of a hurry are you in. could be a few days.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SHADY280
i have a digital i think and analog, i can see what the mounting and power hook ups are like. i have too look thru the boxes, how much of a hurry are you in. could be a few days.
Not a huge hurry man, take your time. I appreciate it bro'.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Big Poppa

aight got it out. the digital clock has 3 wires, the analog has 2. they unplug from the cluster board and seem to be able to easy interchange, no mods. i took the clock out of the cluster to save shipping, but also grabbed the clear plastic as thats how you set the clock. all you have to do is connect the wires to the respective + or - terminal as marked on the board. its $13 for for shipping. how much you want to pay for the clock itself
Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

aight got it out. the digital clock has 3 wires, the analog has 2. they unplug from the cluster board and seem to be able to easy interchange, no mods. i took the clock out of the cluster to save shipping, but also grabbed the clear plastic as thats how you set the clock. all you have to do is connect the wires to the respective + or - terminal as marked on the board. its $13 for for shipping. how much you want to pay for the clock itself
I am not sure how much. How about $15? Does that sound reasonable? Also I was wondering, do you have a rear taillight panel with good cardboard? I could use one in my Z. Let me know and if the price for the clock is good. Also does the clock keep time like it should? And does it illuminate at night? Just making sure, and thanks again. bro'.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Big Poppa

i dont have the good cardboard, every car seems to have a screwed up piece. the clock works, i checked that, but as far as keeping time i havent a clue, i never use the clocks in cars, i dont even set them. lol it illuminates from the cluster housing, there should be one bulb mounted in the top corner, so you already have that part in your car!! actually check tho and make sure you have the hole in the back of your cluster or your gonna need the whole thing. 15 sounds good.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

i dont have the good cardboard, every car seems to have a screwed up piece. the clock works, i checked that, but as far as keeping time i havent a clue, i never use the clocks in cars, i dont even set them. lol it illuminates from the cluster housing, there should be one bulb mounted in the top corner, so you already have that part in your car!! actually check tho and make sure you have the hole in the back of your cluster or your gonna need the whole thing. 15 sounds good.
Yeah I know what you mean. It is tough to find one in good shape. I'll just have to modify, and or make one work.

Okay, I am sure it works if you haven't really messed with it. lol And yeah I have the hole for the colored bulb. So the clock should work in my cluster. I have gone completely led uv (purple) lighting in my interior. It looks pretty sick at night. Anyway, if you want just send me a Paypal invoice to my email like last time. And thanks again bro'.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Big Poppa

no prob, yeah i went blue on mine. they really make it easier to see the guages. i have a set of white face metric guages, but the light doesnt shine thru them, so im still trying to decide if i want to use them. i looked and on our guages the light comes thru the little lines for the increments, but this is just a decal and light doesnt come thru. altho it looks really nice. i like that guage set that apollo had that had the lights in it.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I sent it Paypal last night. Thanks again bro'.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I just got around to installing the clock yesterday. My Z was down for a week. I had the lower radiator hose, that had a pinhole. All fixed now. Anyway, clock works great bro'. Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

no prob, yeah i went blue on mine. they really make it easier to see the guages. i have a set of white face metric guages, but the light doesnt shine thru them, so im still trying to decide if i want to use them. i looked and on our guages the light comes thru the little lines for the increments, but this is just a decal and light doesnt come thru. altho it looks really nice. i like that guage set that apollo had that had the lights in it.
If you are interested in the gauge overlays. I still have them unmounted. I never did get around to putting them in. Mainly because of the 85mph speedometer. lol Let me know, and we can work something out.