Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

Z going under the knife!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:25 AM
East Coast Style

Z going under the knife!

I have thought about selling my Z, putting full coverage on it and totaling it, accidentally cutting a big tree limb off over it, you know the normal stuff you think of when your attached to a car that's a pain in your A$$! So after 3 failed attempts to make the VG 3.3 work I am going to pull it out and put a dished piston VG 3.0 back in! The high compression of the 3.3 with a turbo is a beast, but the engine parts don't like it! There is a lot of aftermarket parts for the VG 3.0 but none, not even different pistons (dished) for the 3.3. So in a couple of weeks I will post up my build of the new, over built, heavily modified VG 3.0. For those of you who know me and my brother, its his motor that was going in his 85 300ZXT but got siderailed by his new favorite toy, 1974 260Z! I'll keep you posted !

Thanks The Real "EZ"
Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 AM

TOO MUCH FUN! YOU are IT! The REAL "EZ"

Originally Posted by EZDUZIT
I have thought about selling my Z, putting full coverage on it and totaling it, accidentally cutting a big tree limb off over it, you know the normal stuff you think of when your attached to a car that's a pain in your A$$! So after 3 failed attempts to make the VG 3.3 work I am going to pull it out and put a dished piston VG 3.0 back in! The high compression of the 3.3 with a turbo is a beast, but the engine parts don't like it! There is a lot of aftermarket parts for the VG 3.0 but none, not even different pistons (dished) for the 3.3. So in a couple of weeks I will post up my build of the new, over built, heavily modified VG 3.0. For those of you who know me and my brother, its his motor that was going in his 85 300ZXT but got siderailed by his new favorite toy, 1974 260Z! I'll keep you posted !

Thanks The Real "EZ"
I like it!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM
East Coast Style

Ok I should be starting this week! I will be pulling out the VG33ET and tranny. At that point I am going to put the car up on jack stands to remove the front and rear suspension components to make room for the new Springs, Struts, Shocks, and complete urethane bushing kit. I will also be finishing the
VG30ET that my brother started. It is a complete rebuilt engine with lots of head work and copper head gaskets. I will then be ordering an upright Aluminum Radiator, Nice Turbo kit , and installing an intercooler! Ohhh and I will be also installing a remote oil cooler! I'll take some Pics soon!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:36 PM

You ARE da Man!

I guess you will be bringing this Mosheene to our March 11 Party, fast as you work, I 'spose you already got them yokes fixed in yore truck. You can bring yo Mosheen and Brian T can bring his an we can find Summers else to go afterhthe party! Maybe Greer?

Zounds like you maybe 'vesting in da club, da way you stackin up the dough.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:16 AM

Still waitin on those Pics. Looks like my engine won't be in by March 11, so you may have to share the lime light in April!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
East Coast Style

New Toys!

I got my first shipment today!
T3/TO4E Turbo
Wastegate
BOV

Still need Aluminum Radiator, Intercooler, piping and couplings!
Attached Thumbnails Z going under the knife!-100_0579.jpg  

Last edited by EZDUZIT; 03-04-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
The Good Twin

^^^ I got that same BOV. It's RFL indeed.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM
East Coast Style

I will be posting all of the pics on Cardomain, seems to be easier than on here.
Here's the link!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267325
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM
East Coast Style

Originally Posted by NismoPick
^^^ I got that same BOV. It's RFL indeed.

Great that's what I wanted to hear!

Last edited by EZDUZIT; 03-04-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Thumbs up WoW

I got my first shipment today!
T3/TO4E Turbo
Wastegate
BOV

Still need Aluminum Radiator, Intercooler, piping and couplings!
This looks better than "Gourmet Pizza"
Old 03-14-2008, 06:11 PM

I agree!!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 AM
East Coast Style

Update!

I have ordered my new KYB GR2 Struts and Shocks, Poly Bushings, and rear diff seals. Chase and I have already installed all of the new poly bushings in the entire suspension. I have a good used set of E-Brake cables going on it as well. The rear brake calipers are being rebuilt and a full set of Nissan pads are going on. Thinking pretty hard about SS brake lines, my brother and cousin have them and they are great! Big difference in pedal feel. I hope to have it sitting on its wheels by the end of next week, then we can start reinstalling the engine!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM

now that was a big gap in time from start to now....will it be ready for drag racing next month ???
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 AM
East Coast Style

Originally Posted by PowerhungryBill
now that was a big gap in time from start to now....will it be ready for drag racing next month ???
It will be ready for the Helen GA ride the end of this month! Wish me luck, I guess I just work better under pressure!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Booost It

Hey man I saw the pics Looks likes it gonna be fun, I hope it runs well for ya when its all said and done. Theres nothing like good reliable power, Mine runs like a raped ape! If you get the AEM Tru boost boost gage/controller Send me a copy of the manuel would ya! hehe I had to disconect my battery and lost my boost settings, Ive been playin wiht it for weeks and Just havent been able to get it right sence. I run like 10.8 lbs, and still can get up around 163 mph on the Autobahn but I miss my 14.9 lbs Its a noticable differance.

How much you think you will be boosting, and how much power you gessing when its all said and done?

Bryan
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 AM
East Coast Style

Originally Posted by rb250zx
Hey man I saw the pics Looks likes it gonna be fun, I hope it runs well for ya when its all said and done. Theres nothing like good reliable power, Mine runs like a raped ape! If you get the AEM Tru boost boost gage/controller Send me a copy of the manuel would ya! hehe I had to disconect my battery and lost my boost settings, Ive been playin wiht it for weeks and Just havent been able to get it right sence. I run like 10.8 lbs, and still can get up around 163 mph on the Autobahn but I miss my 14.9 lbs Its a noticable differance.

How much you think you will be boosting, and how much power you gessing when its all said and done?

Bryan
I don't know how much power I will have. My car was pretty fast but the small turbo choked the motor down so bad it was a dog after 3800rpm's. So now I'll be able to have the top end as well as good takeoff. I am going to keep the boost low untill I get new injectors and get the Emanage hooked up.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:25 PM

Cool git-r-dun

It will be ready for the Helen GA ride the end of this month! Wish me luck, I guess I just work better under pressure!
Nothing like a little pressure to GIT IT DID!

I heared about you ...you can do it!

U R th REAL E Z !
Old 10-04-2008, 09:34 AM
East Coast Style

I have put some more pics of my car and the custom downpipe I built on my CarDomain page. Check it out! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267325