Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

Upstate Z'ers invited to TN for Z-attack

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:07 AM

Exclamation Upstate Z'ers invited to TN for Z-attack

Hey there Upstate Z Club members. I wanted to make sure you all were invited to our Z-Attack weekend in Nashville, TN. Please let me know if you have any questions at all and I will be glad to respond quickly. Its sure to be a great event with some very unique attractions. Hope y'all can make the trip in April! -ZP

Here are the details:

Middle Tennessee Z Club Presents

April 11 - 13, 2008
Nashville, TN

Sponsored by:

After a great Z ATTACK event (Video Highlights) in 2007, the Middle Tennessee Z Club is ready to do it again in 2008. This year’s Z ATTACK features our traditional schedule and again will offer some very exciting functions.

As always, we will start things off on Friday, April 11 with a couple of exciting activities to choose from. First, we will offer a guided tour of Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corporation USA’s Smyrna, TN plant, the most productive auto assembly plant in North America and the birthplace of the Pathfinder, Altima, Maxima, Frontier and Xterra. As an alternate to the plant tour, we will offer a tour of the Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg, TN (www.jackdaniels.com), 75 miles from Nashville. We will end the afternoon at Crawford Z Car in downtown Nashville for our infamous pre-show welcome party. Saturday, April 12 will start with our Z ATTACK People’s Choice Car Show being held indoors at the Lane Motor Museum (www.lanemotormuseum.org), current home of the Nissan Heritage Collection with the museum featuring historic Z cars from the Collection during the event. Following the show there will be a free period to rest, see local Nashville tourist attractions, or perhaps cruise on the scenic Natchez Trace Parkway before making your way to the post show gathering for dinner, again at Crawford Z Car. The weekend will end with an optional breakfast before everyone parts ways on Sunday morning.

Your registration for ZATTACK will grant you access to the museum, the other events, plus an event t-shirt, lunch, raffle tickets and much more. Also new this year is the Attendee Registration which allows participants who are not planning on entering a Car in the People's Choice Car Show to still enjoy all of the great Z-Attack events. This is an exciting opportunity for any auto enthusiast, and a must-see for any Nissan or Z car fan.

We have reserved a limited amount of indoor spaces for the car show at the Lane Motor Museum which will be given to early registrants. There will be outdoor spots also, but the indoor space will be limited depending on the number of entries, so we suggest that you register early to secure your spot for the car show.

In addition to these exciting activities, we are continuing to work with Nissan and other sponsors for other surprises and activities, so watch for exciting updates and all the details posted on our club website at www.middletennesseezclub.com.

Download the 2008 Z ATTACK Registration form:

ZATTACK Registration, 53kb PDF ZATTACK Registration, 152kb DOC

Mail Registration forms and checks made payable to:
Middle Tennessee Z Club
1622 State Street
Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 327-4159

If you prefer to pay online, you may email your Registration
and click the button below to make an instant secure payment

email: MTZCLUB@GMAIL.COM

IMPORTANT: Registration must be received by March 20 to reserve your shirt.

2008 ZATTACK EVENT SCHEDULE
Nashville, TN

FRIDAY, APRIL 11
Jack Daniel's Distillery Tour (12PM)
Nissan Smyrna Plant Tour (2PM)
Crawford Z Car Welcome Reception (6 PM)

SATURDAY, APRIL 12

Peoples Choice Car Show (9AM – 2PM)
Lane Museum Tours (9AM – 2PM)
Post Show Gathering (6PM)

Driving Directions

Crawford Z Car / NISSAN PLANT TOUR / JACK DANIELS TOUR

JACK DANIELS DEPARTURE TIME 12:00 PM FRIDAY APRIL 13 FROM CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE.

NISSAN PLANT DEPARTURE TIME 1:00 PM FRIDAY APRIL 13 FROM CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE.

CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE IS LOCATED AT 1622 STATE STREET NEAR DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE. YOU CAN DRIVE DIRECTLY TO THE NISSAN PLANT YOURSELF, OR MEET US AT CRAWFORD Z FOR THE GROUP CARAVAN. TO GET TO CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE, TAKE I-40 THROUGH DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE (NOT I-440). AS YOU PASS THROUGH THE DOWNTOWN AREA, TAKE THE CHURCH STREET EXIT. AT THE END OF THE RAMP, TURN AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN ONTO CHURCH STREET. STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE AND PROCEED TO 17TH AVE (APPROX. 2 BLOCKS). TURN RIGHT ON 17TH AVE. GO ONE BLOCK AND TURN RIGHT ONTO STATE ST. YOU WILL SEE A WHOLE BUNCH OF Z CARS AND CRAWFORD Z CAR SERVICE ON THE LEFT.

DIRECTIONS TO THE NISSAN PLANT:

1. Start at 1622 STATE ST, NASHVILLE going towards 17th AVE N

2. Turn left on 17th AVE - go 0.1 mi

3. Turn left on CHURCH ST - go 0.2 mi

4. Turn right to take I-40 EAST/I-65 SOUTH - go 4.0 mi

5. I-40 EAST becomes I-24 EAST - go 18.3 mi

6. Take exit #70 towards SMYRNA. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Nissan Drive - go 3.5 mi

7. Arrive at 983 NISSAN DR, SMYRNA, on the right hand side. Proceed to the security gate for entry onto plant grounds.

The tour is scheduled to begin at 2:00 PM. Please schedule your arrival at the plant to be between 1:45 and 2:00. We will leave Crawford Z Car Service at 1:10 PM SHARP! Head back to Crawford Z Car Service afterward for the Informal Reception, to be held 5:00 PM – Until.

Lane Motor Museum

If you are traveling:

I-24 East
Exit 212 Fessler's Lane Turn right on Fessler's Lane, travel .3 mile, crossing Elm Hill Pike.
Turn left on Murfreesboro Pike and travel .4 mile, we are on the left just after the Railroad Overpass.

I-24 West
Exit 52, turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike at bottom of off-ramp.
Travel .6 mile, we are on the right after passing traffic light at Arlington Avenue.

I-40 East
Exit 212 Fessler's Lane
Turn right on Fessler's Lane, travel .3 mile, crossing Elm Hill Pike.
Turn left on Murfreesboro Pike and travel .4 mile, we are on the left just after the Railroad Overpass.

I-40 West
Exit 213 Spence Lance / US-41 / Murfreesboro Pike.
Turn left on Spence Lane and travel .4 miles.
Turn right on Murfreesboro Pike and travel .6 miles.
We are on the right after crossing Arlington Avenue.

I-65 (either direction)
Take I-440 toward Knoxville.
Merge left toward I-24 West to Nashville/I-40 East to Knoxville.
Merge right onto Murfreesboro Pike exit.
Turn left at bottom of exit ramp onto Murfreesboro Pike, travel .6 miles.

Lodging

ZATTACK has secured a special rate of $99 per night for Z-Attack attendees at the Hotel Preston (www.hotelpreston.com)

http://www.hotelpreston.com
Hotel Peston
733 Briley Parkway
Nashville, Tennessee, 37217
Toll Free: 877.361.5500

The Hotel Preston is a 3 star hotel located only 3 miles from the Lane Motor Museum, and 6 miles from Crawford Z Car.

Rooms can be booked either online or by calling the Hotel Preston toll free at 1-877-361-5500. Make sure to mention that you are with Z-Attack to get the special rate and to book early as the hotel will fill up quickly! The hotel can accommodate car trailers. Make sure to make a note that you will a larger parking space when you make your reservation.

Last edited by Zazupilot; 03-08-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 PM

Arrow Now Hear This - Another Omen!

The answer to all you "down in the mouth" CAR SHOW enthusiasts....here's yore answer. I highly reccommend this event! I spect yall to listen to me on this cause I "speach" from experience. Thar's alotta friendly folks in Tennessee, includin my baby sister, who happens to live right there in Nashville.

I drove my 1972 240 Z down the Nashville "Natche-Z-Trace" on the very first annual Natchez Trace Official Middle Tennessee Club sponsored Z drive. If any body can remember that far back, I recall we had to share the road with alotta our Biker Friends. Thats OK, we had alotta fun anyway ...picnic and everything and a cool car show that night in Franklin, TN. I'm Makin plans already!

NOw, Does this mean I ain't gonna go to my friend Andy's Z-DAY-Z event? Why absolutely not... I'm gonna risk it. I just might be found guilty of havin TWO MUCH FUN. No such thing, you say ...this is 90 proof positive; JUst think, TOO events at the very exact same time. Although I will probably opt for the Nissan Plant tour, there may be others that will want to sample the the Jack Daniels, simultaneously.

And... when I get back home to SC, I'm gonna turn right around and head right back to Tennessee, again, you got it ...FONTANNA. And, just think, if Bryan can pull off his hat trick, I'll be headed back to Shady Valley, you got it right again, back to Abbington, Tennessee, one more time, fore the summers done!

PS:
BTW, I'll be drivin my freshly painted original, 1970 DATSUN 240Z to the car show, Yep, I'm gonna pony up the extra ten bucks just for teh fun of it ... 'caus I don't think it will be able to hold a candle to that otehr beautiful Charcoal Grey 240 Z that just happens to reside there in Middle Tennessee.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM

Holy Cow! That is quiet a review! Thanks!

I am certainly looking forward to meeing you. We MTZClubbers are BIG supporters of ZDAYZ and its one of the reason we scheduled our event a month away from ZDAYZ.. because we all attend ZDAYZ!

It will be good to get an inagural Natchez Trace Fun Runner back in Nashville.. that was a long time ago!

Thanks again EZ350Z - let me know if I can be of assistance at all. Z you in April!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:10 PM

Heads up gang - the Nissan Manufacturing Plant tour is about half full.. Nissan is pretty strict about the number of people allowed to visit the plant, so if you are planning on getting in on that event - register soon!

Hope to see you all at Z-Attack!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:03 PM
East Coast Style

We plan on attending also! I think were leaning towards the Jack tour!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by EZDUZIT
We plan on attending also! I think were leaning towards the Jack tour!
Good call. The Jack tour is top notch and much less restrictive as far as attendance we can allow. See you then!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:00 PM

You can be the Big EZ when we git there!

EZ wi da Hammer!
EZDUZIT gonna have good time! Free samples!
I already registered! Just might not pay my taxes till I git back!
Did you know the other end of the Natche-Z-Trace is connected somehow to the BiG EZ???
Old 03-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Upstate Z Moderator

As much as we might wish there were free samples, I believe Lynchburg, TN is in a DRY county. I understand even the quality control folks at the plant have to taste-and-spit.

Imagine though if it wasn't like that---cirrhosis of the liver as a worker's comp injury!

Many thanks to our Middle TN Z Club friends for sending this our way!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by waterdogzx
As much as we might wish there were free samples, I believe Lynchburg, TN is in a DRY county. I understand even the quality control folks at the plant have to taste-and-spit.

Imagine though if it wasn't like that---cirrhosis of the liver as a worker's comp injury!

Many thanks to our Middle TN Z Club friends for sending this our way!
You are correct! .. and this has been taken into account! All Jack Tour tastings will be relocated to the Hotel Preston bar directly after the tour! LOL

.. actually - given the "Z-approved" roads into and out of Lynchburg, the "dry" policy might end up being a smart idea.

Hope to see you guys in April.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 PM

Cool Cirrhosis?

cirrhosis... C- I -R... R-H -O ...S I S, CIRRHOSIS !!!

How much I wish could spell thangs Like the waterdogzx

Last edited by EZ350Z; 03-09-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:32 AM

FYI Z'ers: tomorrow is the deadline to register for Z-Attack and get a T-Shirt. We may have some shirts available for late arrivals, but if you want to guarantee yourself a nice black Z-attack T in your size, register by the 20th! Click here to register.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
East Coast Style

Thanks For the heads up I will register tonight!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM

Update: The Nissan Plant Tour on Friday the 11th is SOLD OUT.

The Jack Daniels tour, Heritage Collection tours, Car Show, banquet and all other Z-attack events are still open. If you are planning on joining us for Z-Attack register soon!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM

ZA-7 update 4/2:

A 2009 Nissan GT-R is scheduled to make an appearance at Z-Attack 7 courtesy of Nissan North America. Apart from any schedule changes from Nissan, Z-Attack registrants will enjoy a rare glimpse of Nissan's newest Supercar.

Z-Attack is less than 2 weeks away. If you haven't already, submit your registration soon! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Old 04-04-2008, 02:25 AM

Angry engine trouble

Zazupilot: To my disappointment, the little blue 240 may not make it to the show, but youbet I'll be there com hail or high water, even If'n i end up walking over them mountains. Teh GTR debut alone will be worth the trip.

I'll place my bet that this monster will be allowed to become a bonafide member in our humble little club no matter what its markings. Any comments, upstaters? This is an open forum, wherein you may still practice yore free speach! I'm still practicing! How's that mr. modulator!

All you guys better listen up! Be there or be square...
Old 05-02-2008, 01:31 PM

Here it is! The 2008 Z-Attack video!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...44297899&hl=en

Thanks again gang! Zee you next year!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:46 PM

Thumbs up Excellent!!!

Nothing to add here. The video attests to the fact that the event was even better than what any one person could take in. Why I didn't even know there was a basement to the museum, 'til I saw the video. I thought I saw the entire collection. Nobody told me where the stairs were. Another omen, did I mention the tornado and the HAIL STORM! It's ironic that my earlier response aluded to Hail or High Water ...that's right - predicted more than a week before the event. SCOTT-man can attest to both the "hail" and "high water". I nearly witnessed a heart attack when hail stones pelted his brand new paint job, and it rained so hard, his engine drowned out and we didn't even make it to the Jack Daniels tour. We'll make Next Year!

The video rocks! GOOD JOB! ...BUT, you had to be there to really appreciate it all! There was more stuff going on thatn you coud get to. Did I mention the Models? Did I mention the food! Did I mention all the prizes by all the sponsors? And, plenty of Z's from every generation. AND the spring drive down the natche Z trace was spectacular. The night racin was even more eventful when the twin turbo blew a hose and sprayed antifreeze down the pavement (not to mention the vapor cloud ...I thought he blew and engine but last check it was nothing major) ...Thunder Road ...wasn't that filmed in Tennessee, too? Also, downtown Nashville was still ALIVE at 4:00 AM when we decided to leave and go find some breakfast!

I'll be back! and I promise not the tempt the weather next time...

Cuz, you missed a good one! be sure not to miss it next year

Last edited by EZ350Z; 05-05-2008 at 07:54 PM.