Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

Stopers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 AM

Stopers!

I was at Hockenheimring today I completed 3 laps and on my third my breaks over heated, I almost het the wall it was NUTTS! So anyone know were or off what car I can get maybe? 12" rotor with 6 pistons of calipar? I need something Bigger. Took only 2 complete laps then the 3rd turn of my 3rd lap I was done Heheh.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
The Evil Twin

Wilwood brakes seem to be the biggest and only aftermarket upgrade for the 280ZX.
I think the larger rotor will be your biggest difference in keeping the brakes cool.

http://www.arizonazcar.com/510brakes.html
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 PM

nice

Ya I saw that kit before I think with motor sport, I have contacted Project Mu about geting one of there kits bit if those guys got the kit ready to bolt on then I might as well 13" rotor and 6 pistons sounds good. My front wheels are only 16"s though Might have to get the 12.2 rotor. You guys should have seen me on the track today it was nuts.

You know I went to Z days like 2 years in a row and drove that mountian on the same break pads. I gess its just the speeds that I was Hitting here I dont know, my pads just Desinigrated! At least I didnt hit the wall. Oh and Bleach I polished those Vents They look damn good on there thanks man. Still workin on photos dont ban me yet hehe
Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
The Evil Twin

smaller wheels keep your rotating mass closer to the center. Better braking, better acceleration. So keep your 16's and do the 12.2" rotors. They are lighter weight than stock too. I think you'll see a massive difference in braking power and heat dissipation.