Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

Disgruntled!!!!! (sp)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 AM

Disgruntled!!!!! (sp)

The more I sit and think about last nights Meeting and the last few, come to think of it, I am contemplating addressing it here on the forum so as not to elongate our meeting anymore than they have been. This might not be the right place, but it doesnt appear that there is being a halt put to the way Robert has been treated by a couple of officers, maybe it's not any of my business, but isnt this club supposed to be about commaradee (sp). I have NO problem discussing this in person or via phone if anyone would prefer. Most have my # and I am Listed.

Am I the only one who doesnt like what is going on??????????

I understand that in the past (pre-Don era) there was one individual that was a real DH to alot of members but I have not seen this in this case!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 PM

Feed up also

Agree w/you. Did not make the last meeting as I was working. However, my kids did and they were really turned off by one "officer" and the childish behavior this "adult" displayed. Having the check for our family membership with them I am happy to report they "forgot" to turn it in. I'm rethinking being a member of this club as it has ceased to be a fun thing to do. For myself, and many others, the person mentioned above has drained the fun out of meeting after meeting by being obnoxious as well as ridiculous. Seems like we can't wait to get to the parking lot to get away from this person. To make matters worse this person trashes our mailboxes with crap that has nothing to do with the club. Ask that this person quit sending unrelated emails and they just keep coming. Thought the member list was for offical use only. Add arrogance to this person's profile. Look forward to the drive on the 26th and seeing those of you who feel as I do. You know who you are.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 AM

It was nice to meet your kids, nice young adults. Seems one of there friends is also one of mine, small world!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:06 PM

Cars have wheels?????? RIGHT????

Lets Drive the rubber off of em!!

Now i missed the last meeting and i will miss the next, but i have tried to be consistent with showing up. And since i have joined i don't see the point of the meetings. I want to talk about cars and drives and roads that have more turns then the street walker (if ya know what i mean)
Amendments and some of the actions of a few i have seen have been a little strange. Maybe i don't know the past history of some of the members so i can't comment on some of the things that have happened. But what i do know is a Monthly drive and a monthly meeting would be sweet!!!! As far as memberships i'm not joining again, as of right now cause i don't care about the vote... iI care about good times/good people/and CARS!!!!!

Cheers

Kevin

Last edited by 6894kevin; 04-12-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 PM

Amen Kevin

Ok, the rest of you need to weigh in.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 AM

Cool Me Too

We don't need no freaking meetings.
(but who will OWN the club?)
(but who will organize the events)
(but I like to see my friends....I miss zdoc)
We don't need no freaking meetings
(but don't you think John would make a "good seargent of arms")
(but I like to eat----have you ever seen me eat?!)
(but who will be there to win all the stuff?)

maybe we're just stuck in a rut.
Every body in the club is my friend ('cept don)
This reeeeks of boycotting and I hate boycotts,
but maybe it will work if Everybody joins in!

Reminds me of an old saying, "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member"

signed,
Gruntled in Nashville Tennesee
(just kidding don )
Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 PM

Most members are like me and live busy lives. One thing I don't have to waste is time. The last few meetings sucked and I could not wait to get out of there.
This must change or this club is heading down a ugly road. It must be time for change or this would not be happening. The meetings are held to give information on past and upcoming events and keep the connection between people that have the same passion for cars. The leadership , no matter who that is, should recognize the loss of enthusiasm and the people that are causing issues and deal with it. Confrontation is never easy but as leaders it has to be done to keep order and vision in focus. As members, speaking personally also, we need to step up and be willing to fight for the club. This may involve more than just words. We may have to put our names in the pot for upcoming leadership positions. The thought is a bit scary due to the sacrifice that is involved but it must be considered
Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 AM

Cool Interesting?!!!

Originally Posted by PowerhungryBill
Most members are like me and live busy lives. One thing I don't have to waste is time. The last few meetings sucked and I could not wait to get out of there.
This must change or this club is heading down a ugly road. It must be time for change or this would not be happening. The meetings are held to give information on past and upcoming events and keep the connection between people that have the same passion for cars. The leadership , no matter who that is, should recognize the loss of enthusiasm and the people that are causing issues and deal with it. Confrontation is never easy but as leaders it has to be done to keep order and vision in focus. As members, speaking personally also, we need to step up and be willing to fight for the club. This may involve more than just words. We may have to put our names in the pot for upcoming leadership positions. The thought is a bit scary due to the sacrifice that is involved but it must be considered

Met the founder of the Middle Tn Zclub last night again (for the first time)

Also found out who Doug "Crawford" is????

Found the Newest member of our "reformed" Club. (WANDERING AROUND IN THE DARK on State Street, Nashville, Tenn.) You will really like him!

Powerhugry, You would make a good Statesman (words of wisdom)!!!

Met up with waterdog'z third cousin from Johnson City, Tenn. (stayed out with them on second avenue, Nashville 'til 4:00 am tn-time, 5:00 gv-time, no kiddin)

Actually travelled out inthe wilderness with the godfather of the 'Tennesee Z Car' and witnessed a good ole fashioned street race between a Suped up 350z NA and a fashionable Toy Soupra Turbo. (InterestinG! ...tell ya all about it when I git home) ...got witnesses. and I think there was a vidio ...probably show up on U-tube and I let you know when i find it!,

I'm ready for a reformation!

let's git organiZed

signed
your friend,

Still in Tennessee (got time to waste ...not much!)

Last edited by EZ350Z; 04-13-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:07 AM

Dang. I thought this was a car club. I am outta the loop. Gotta agree with Bill's words.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 AM

ill be honest and say i felt a little out of place.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Good Times Are Ahead!

Originally Posted by militia
Don't feel out of Place... Hang in There We're gonna have some good times and besides, I LIKE YORE CAR!
Attached Thumbnails Disgruntled!!!!!  (sp)-girlprize.jpg  

Last edited by EZ350Z; 04-19-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
East Coast Style

Originally Posted by militia

Kyle I want to apologize for the meeting. I hate that you felt out of place, and I hope you and your wife will give us another try. We are a great group of Z lovers and like any big family sometimes your aunt and uncles don't agree with each other and try to drag the rest of the family into it. We will have elections coming up first of the year and I feel that some people will start running for officer positions. If they don't then I don't want to hear another negative word out of anyone's mouth.
Hear is the proof people! We have to stop raising our voices and causing problems that affect everyone else. We are all adults and if you have a problem with someone else please work it out after the meeting away from the rest of us. I drive from Spartanburg to a meeting once a month. I come to hang out with other people (different people) who have a common interest. I want to know about upcoming events, past events, car shows, rides, and any other Z related info. I don't want to hear about how your life is falling apart, how you don't like So and so, and why your A$$ itches. We all need to be reverent like we are in church while the meeting is going on. Show respect and give respect to all people, just because your not interested in a certain event doesnt mean someone else isn't.
Also if you have something you would like to address please PM me and we will talk. If you have a problem with me well your chit out of luck. I don't want to see the Upstate Z club fall apart, so please lets set our differences apart and become the tight club we used to be. I don't want to see another new potential member get disgusted at the first meeting and have a bad taste in their mouth. Your VP Josh
Old 04-18-2008, 12:48 PM

very well said Josh

i guess i will see everyone again next saturday!

speaking of which-- when and where are we meeting?

edit : nevermind i just read this:

But we will be leaving from Greer about 9:00 am on Saturday, 4/26. We can meet between 7:30 and 9:00 for breakfast at Hardee's on Wade-Hampton (nearest the 101/290 and HWY 29 intersection).

Last edited by militia; 04-18-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 AM

I think we are starting to head down the right path again.
The spring and the summer is the best time for the club. Events, drives, shows, long days of sunlight and parking lot looking, it's what we are all needing to take place.
WELL said from our Vice Prez. Lets hope everyone reads this thread and takes a personal evaluation of what can be done individually to make and keep this a fun club to be a member of.

Sorry I have not been able to be at the last few meetings. My sons lacross season is just now ending. I will not be able to make the drive because I am taking my youngest son to Six Flags for his birthday that day.

As far as I know I should be able to make May's meeting on the 13th