Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

April 12 Meeting Minutes

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:03 AM
280Z Drifter

April 12 Meeting Minutes

I've uploaded the minutes file as a MS Word .doc file, but since it's not terrible-looking in cut/paste form you can see the text here. The content is the same here as the attached .doc file.
[edit 5/18/05] changed things a little for looks and corrected CSCC link

Upstate Z Car Club
Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2005
  • Pre-meeting: officers handed out new meet&greet cards and member ID’s

• President Thomas “interrupts everyone’s good time” and starts the meeting

• Review of old business:
    • Elections – Candidates ran unopposed; positions will be filled as follows:
      • President - Thomas Higginbotham
      • Vice-President - Josh Holcombe
      • Treasurer - Katie Danner
      • Secretary - Shaun Barrett
    • Tire Tech Session – Several members appeared at our March event, had fun and learned a lot about tires. $53 was raised through our raffle. Many thanks to Bolton-James Alignment and Oscar Paretta, the Michelin rep.
    • Brian’s car – Apparently not everyone knew that it was out of commission, but Brian had a minor incident in which his brakes’ capabilities were exceeded and his car has been in the shop for re-restoration, essentially.

• Discussion moves on to upcoming events
    • April 23 – Members will meet at 9am at Fatz Café on Woodruff for a road trip. Larry Danner has prepared a route with rally-style exercises, so prepare for precision driving. The trip terminates at the Danner’s, where a cookout should ensue.
    • April 23-24 – Clemson Sports Car Club will be holding autocrosses Saturday and Sunday in Clemson. We have a different parking lot this time, so check out CSCC's Website for details, including a map, or Email Shaun at bshaun@alumni.clemson.edu
    • April 29-May1 – The Walter Mitty Challenge is a historic racing event held annually at Road Atlanta. The featured marque this year appears to be MG/Triumph. http://www.classicmotorsports.net/mitty.php for more details!
    • May 20-22 – ZDayZ looms ever closer! Members who have yet to make reservations have missed their chance to get a hotel room but may still be able to get a cabin. For more details, check out http://www.zdayzevents.com
      If you are interested in competing in the car show, be sure to pre-register under the “FormZ” button on the ZDayZ site soon…they must RECEIVE it by April 30, or you will be charged the same as registering at the time of the event.
    • May 10 – That’s our next meeting! Everyone try to show up early (6:00pm) so, weather permitting, we can take some fresh pictures of everyone’s Z’s for a possible feature in Sport Z Magazine (SZM). Art Singer contacted Thomas and showed interest in our club.
    • ALSO next month, we’ll vote on whether to include the $13 SZM subscription in our membership dues, and what adjustment will have to be made to those fees.
      Last but not least, plan on some go-karting at Frankie’s after the meeting!
    • TBA – Georgia Z Club has a swap meet coming up soon, hopefully we can update everyone with specifics soon.

• Treasurer’s Report: $1035.27 in our account, with a chunk already allocated to renew our club’s national ZCCA affiliation.
    Our bank’s name has changed to South Carolina Bank & Trust, but our other information remains relatively unchanged and should cause no problems.

• Katie is looking into scheduling a visit to the J. Harley Bond Career Center as a club activity. Their large auto shop facility should impress even those with the best-equipped of personal garages.

• Also being investigated are our options involving new T-shirts and bumper/window stickers. By next month we should have some finalized proposals. It was suggested that shirts could cost as little as $7 each for the simplest designs being considered.

• Meeting adjourned!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
April 12 Minutes.doc (28.5 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by cu zcar; 05-17-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:11 PM

Cool awesome Job

Great job with the minutes and posting,,, now if we could just get more of the club members to actually view this it would be very effective!!!! nice
Old 04-14-2005, 06:07 AM
East Coast Style

Great job Shaun, I agree Bill, I have tried to push this on everyone. I have noticed that others are looking at this site so it will grow.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Upstate Z Moderator

Excellent job with the minutes. Since I set up the forum, I have administrative rights to our calendar.

I'll put in the Road Rally and Clemson SCC event now and the GZC Swap Meet when a date is confirmed. Walter Mitty and ZDayZ are already on there.

Question: Do you ever look at the calendar? Is it helpful?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:25 AM
East Coast Style

Where is the Calander? i didn't know we had one.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Upstate Z Moderator

On our main forums page at the top. It says Upstate Z Club Calendar.