Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Lots of little things going on

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Doesn't post much...

It would make me sick to see this site go away. It's by far the best Z car forum on the internet. I'd be willing to take on some responsibility to keep it going if need be. I'm sure there are plenty of others who would as well. The premier membership thing isn't a bad idea either. TT.net and 3ZC are nothing like this place. So what do we need to do to get our ZDriver back to what it used to be? I'm sure for new people coming in, the disfunctionality of the site is a turn off. What can we do???????

Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 03-01-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:35 PM

Yeah I'm with Rod on this one. I'm also willing to shoulder some of the load to keep this site up and running smoothly. Whatever it takes. This site is one of a kind and I'd hate to see it fade out.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Big Poppa

All Hail The Health Of Zdriver!!!! Ill Do The Moderator Thing If Needed, Dont Know Much About Anything Else. But Lets Fix The Site. Anybody Know Kyles Phone # Hehehehe
Old 03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Yeah I'm with Rod on this one. I'm also willing to shoulder some of the load to keep this site up and running smoothly. Whatever it takes. This site is one of a kind and I'd hate to see it fade out.
2nd that, premium membership isn't sounding like such a bad idea if it will help support the site....it would be a shame to have this site just go down and never return.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Big Poppa

10 Bucks A Year Wouldnt Sound Bad To Me If It Meant The Site Stayed And Was Always Maintained
Old 03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i wonder if kyle would be interested in handing the site over to some of us that have been around a while. make it a community operated site. he seems to be too busy with my350z.com to spend much time over here.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:43 PM

I just noticed that the home page is gone. Now it goes straight from that ENTER screen to the forums. There used to be a little home page with whats happening and stuff like that Just an observation I made. I dont know if anyone else already posted that.

I haven't been a member that long, only going to be a year in April, but I do spend a lot of time here and I would love to see this forum handed over to some of the members (atleast to the admins) before it went down the drain. I was a member of another site a while back, dastsunZUSA (I think thats what it was) and the webmaster just abandoned it and it went to **** with no moderators to keep it in check. It's sad to see such a great site with so many enthusiasts being put on the back burner. But his other site would explain why the 350Z forum has been even deader than usual lately. I cant remember the last time I saw a new post in there.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:33 PM
The Good Twin

I just noticed that the home page is gone. Now it goes straight from that ENTER screen to the forums. There used to be a little home page with whats happening and stuff like that Just an observation I made. I dont know if anyone else already posted that.
Yeah... the homepage went down when the forum got screwed up at the first of the year.

I haven't been a member that long, only going to be a year in April, but I do spend a lot of time here and I would love to see this forum handed over to some of the members (atleast to the admins) before it went down the drain. I was a member of another site a while back, dastsunZUSA (I think thats what it was) and the webmaster just abandoned it and it went to **** with no moderators to keep it in check. It's sad to see such a great site with so many enthusiasts being put on the back burner. But his other site would explain why the 350Z forum has been even deader than usual lately. I cant remember the last time I saw a new post in there.
Somebody needs to physically get a hold of GodZilla. He hasn't been too active on My350Z.com either.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Big Poppa

Hey Lets All Pretend We Have 350's And Flood The Other Site And Talk About Other Z's There, He Would Have To Notice That
Old 03-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Snazzy Title

Someone give me a list of issues, and I'll work with Kyle to get them worked out.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by silvrhand
Someone give me a list of issues, and I'll work with Kyle to get them worked out.
Sweet bro! Thanks for helpin out!

-Homepage not working
-Smilies not working
-Pic attachments not working

-Also, I'd like to have the [img] tags turned on in all the 280zx sections. It's very annoying to click a link to see the pic.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Snazzy Title

I'll start now, I can definetly get a couple things working, I just made myself admin via the database so. I know Kyle is just super busy but I'll help him out an fix up a few things that he's behind on.

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Sweet bro! Thanks for helpin out!

-Homepage not working
-Smilies not working

-Also, I'd like to have the [img] tags turned on in all the 280zx sections. It's very annoying to click a link to see the pic.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Snazzy Title

test

I'll start now, I can definetly get a couple things working, I just made myself admin via the database so. I know Kyle is just super busy but I'll help him out an fix up a few things that he's behind on.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Snazzy Title

-Homepage not working

The homepage I'll talk with Kyle about, he was using vbadvanced to post information on the front with articles in the DB, I should be able to address this but it won't be today.

Working on this, but we had a problem when we migrated to a new server in the fact that the database dumps we were taken were with a not so known bug with MySQL and Vbulletin field types, basically they were stored in the database and converting them to filesystem didn't fix it either, so they were lost. I'll check to see if you can upload new ones

-Smilies not working

They work, but the reply template doesn't let you click on them, I'll revert to the standard template for this and see if it clears it up, should be an quick fix.

Are they uploading, or just not showing, or are you talking about some older corrupted ones?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:30 PM
The Good Twin

wait... to clarify: the smilie buttons in the reply to thread box aren't working... you can type in the code if ya know it.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
The Good Twin

-Homepage not working

The homepage I'll talk with Kyle about, he was using vbadvanced to post information on the front with articles in the DB, I should be able to address this but it won't be today.

Working on this, but we had a problem when we migrated to a new server in the fact that the database dumps we were taken were with a not so known bug with MySQL and Vbulletin field types, basically they were stored in the database and converting them to filesystem didn't fix it either, so they were lost. I'll check to see if you can upload new ones

-Smilies not working

They work, but the reply template doesn't let you click on them, I'll revert to the standard template for this and see if it clears it up, should be an quick fix.

Are they uploading, or just not showing, or are you talking about some older corrupted ones?
Sweet! It's a start! The button to make pic attachments is gone.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Snazzy Title

Ok,

Help me out, this is definetly a template problem, organize some long term visitiors, and find a template for us to use that you like. Let's get some movement, call/email a few folks.

I'm going to revert to the default template cause that fixes 90% of this issues for now.

Vbulletin 3.5.4 needs to go on as well, I'll get that Saturday hopefully.

Sweet! It's a start! The button to make pic attachments is gone.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

awesome. this site has needed attention for a while. hopefully once it's all working correctly, the traffic will pick back up. btw, interesting selection of smileys, however they still cannot ba clicked on.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Snazzy Title

Yes,

That's the template issue, I need to back up the existing one before I nuke it, it's an older 3.0.x template which isnt' compatible.

I just picked up a couple zip files of smilies, if you have other suggestions please link them and I'll dump them in. They were more of a test than anything.

Originally Posted by entropy31
awesome. this site has needed attention for a while. hopefully once it's all working correctly, the traffic will pick back up. btw, interesting selection of smileys, however they still cannot ba clicked on.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

some things i just remembered. the gallery is not accessable. the pics i have hosted there are still hosted, but i cant get to the gallery. also, not really a site issue, but i think the marketplace should be made more prominent so people not familiar with the site can easily find it and not get falmed for posting for sale's in the wrong place.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Snazzy Title

Cool,

Keep em coming, I'll get em knocked out as fast as I can.

Originally Posted by entropy31
some things i just remembered. the gallery is not accessable. the pics i have hosted there are still hosted, but i cant get to the gallery. also, not really a site issue, but i think the marketplace should be made more prominent so people not familiar with the site can easily find it and not get falmed for posting for sale's in the wrong place.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:41 PM
The Good Twin

Cool,

Keep em coming, I'll get em knocked out as fast as I can.

Holy sheet!! Silvr's stocks just went up in my book!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Snazzy Title

Hehe,

Well I got some free time on my hands, I do accept bribes such as parts, games, cd's and anything else you can think to bribe me with!

I'm upgrading to vbulletin 3.5.4 now, so we should be pretty fixed up here shortly.

Holy sheet!! Silvr's stocks just went up in my book!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Snazzy Title

Who's your daddy now guys? Yah I know it's the default template and it's ugly but hey we are getting closer..
Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 PM
The Good Twin

Who's your daddy now guys? Yah I know it's the default template and it's ugly but hey we are getting closer..
Wahoo! I got my avatar back!

and the smilies work! well.... 10 smilies at a time

Quick Reply: Lots of little things going on