For Sale (VIEW ALL) An online swap meet for sale of individual items. NO UNPAID ADVERTISING ALLOWED

mini bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:55 PM

Thumbs up mini bike

Because of an impulse desicion I bought a little "pocket" bike this past summer to have fun on- turns out I'm way too big for it (which by just looking at me you could tell) and because of the incuring cost of my 260Z I must part with it.
The bike is an APC blue 49cc 2-stroke mini bike that looks like a minature sport bike (like a Yamaha R6 or R1 or somthing). In fact I did place Team Yamaha Racing graphics on it. The bike has a 30mph speedo on it, lights, the body plastic, twist throttle, foot pegs, anodized aluminum heel guards (custom pieces I purchased), and a surprisingly potent and easy to start 49 cubic centimeter, single cylinder 2-stroke engine. The brakes are nifty cross drilled discs both front and rear and the wheels are aluminum 3-spoke units covered in genuiine air-filled racing radials.
The bad- it is a USED item, so there is some slight wear. I took a nasty spill on it once while doing 20-25 mph and the body plastic cracked- I did duck tape it together and in fact it doesn't look that bad. You would litterally have to get up close to tell if it was cracked.
The worst thing- the standard electric starting system does not work. I have no clue why- I have replaced the fuses, checked all wires, the on-board battery, the starter motor, everything. It does have a back-up pullstarter, but unfortuantetly that is broken as well. You can pick up a replacement pull starter from Pepboy's (that's where I got it) for probably $30 bucks. I have been able to turn the engine over using a power drill- it does run.
Also included in sale is a small gas can with pre-mixed 2-stroke race gas (VP 110 race gas in the tank mixed with high qualitly racing 2-stroke oil, pre measured), the electric starter battery charger that plugs into the wall, and 2 keys that lock the starting system.
I paid over $500 for it from Pepboy's and I'm selling it for just $200! Just 30 easy bucks and this baby will start- she DOES RUN!!! Quick little thing too- I'm 6 foot 5 and over 300 lbs and it carried me to over 25-mph! I might be able to get some pictures (I don't have a digital camera) but if you live in the Pittsburgh, PA area you are welcome to come by and look at it.
My name is Dave, contact me at 724-834-2779 weekdays after 3:45 PM and weekends 10:00 AM thru 11:00 PM. If I am not home leave a message, I will get back to you ASAP. I live in the great Pittsburgh, PA area, my exact city in Greensburg, area code 15601. Sorry, I can not arrange for any shipping. Thank you for your interest!!

Dave
Old 12-13-2004, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by chickenwafer
I'm 6 foot 5 and over 300 lbs and it carried me to over 25-mph!
Damn, that must've looked like Grizzly bear riding a tricycle. Any chance we'll get to see the crash on 'America's Home Videos'? Assuming that you were ok, if I had seen it 1st hand, I probably would've died laughing. A 300 lb dude on a pocket bike taking a spill........priceless. :rofl:
Old 12-14-2004, 04:52 PM

It was great- i skinned my knee pretty bad but other than I wsa fine. A whole bunch of my buddies were around too and saw it, had a good laugh for a couple of weeks.