Other Cars Discuss any info on other vehicles in here.

370Z, evo, WRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Pr0n Addict

hell no dude. have you ever driven one? well i haven't but i'm pretty damned confident that you can overcome that under steering lol
Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
hell no dude. have you ever driven one? well i haven't but i'm pretty damned confident that you can overcome that under steering lol
I've driven a couple and they just dont have the tire required to safely drive fast around a track without pushing into the gravel, there is a saying that says just because it looks fast and sounds fast doesnt mean that it is fast.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Pr0n Addict

what model exactly? might have been crap tires. they get some good times.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Ruff Ryder

one was an actual caterham 7 and the other was a lotus "super 7" the lotus was the best, but it was under powered.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Pr0n Addict

well, there are about 6 different models that caterham makes. and the old original lotus's are very underpowered.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Ruff Ryder

But for the price of the kit with a good motor and suspension to get them decent i could buy my z again, then put every suspension and brake component AZC sells, install a cage, get some wheels and tires, register it and drive it for a year or more daily and have it handle better, run faster, brake better, be more comfortable and still look as cool.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 PM
NisTuner

The new EVO or the 370Z. I can't say about the Hyundai as I've never seen it in person. The new STi looks like a freaking wagon.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM

The 370Z, because it carries the Z legacy. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec, because it shares the engine with I believe an Evo or something, I don't remember. Which means TONS of potential.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 AM
Ruff Ryder

I would give it a year or two before we start saying the z34 is great, remember the 350z? the motor and trans problems they where having?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Über User

joe- i already said its the same 4b11 motor out of the new evo and SRT-4 just slightly modified/tuned for each application

hoov- while any all new car with an all new motor and trans usually has this issue, the G37 has been out long enough where the engine and trans themselves shouldn't be a problem. electrical systems could be or the rev match feature something along those lines.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Nissans Purist

Z forum and there is a debate including a subaru and a mitsubishi? Hahaha, Nissan 370Z FTW no contest...who wants to try feeling sporty in a four door grocery getter?

Definately not me.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Pr0n Addict

it feels plenty sporty when you hit the gas. the worst part about the z to me is that it doesn't have the turbo set up available yet, which limits it's potential by a lot.

i love z's. it's my favorite car from the 90's hands down, and i'd have an s30 too. but the 370 just isn't that yet. once the aftermarket to get turbos on it is there, then i'll like it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Über User

ugh.... such blind prejudice on this site.... i said 370Z just because i personally believe out of the choices i would be happiest with it... but so many are just saying it because it is simply a Z. i don't know how people can't share love for all cars for what each is. the Z isn't god, infact, its never been an amazing car since the S30. the Z32 is amazing in my eyes but in the 90's when it had the RX-7 and the supra to compete against, it wasn't the best. the S130... well the 80's sucked so it and the Z31 i don't even compete with other cars cause they were all ****. the 350Z seemed great, then turned into a bust for me, especially with the cars it had to compete with. the 370Z might change that, but there's alot of amazing new cars just being released so time will tell. the S30 was a dominator of it's time. not the fastest car at the time but one of the lightest and best handling along with its price, it was simply amazing.

AS for the turbo kit. the 370Z might make some amazing numbers if built right, but with the compression and ECU setup stock with a turbo setup and some flashing or SAFC or w/e it will be very limited in potential still. where as the other ones that are built turbo specific will take some bolt ons, better flashes and boost up and probably put down more power and safer.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 05-04-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Ruff Ryder

could you imagine? a s30 sold new in the early 70' for like $2400 loaded, used chargers, chevlles and camaro's where selling for like $2800 used.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
NisTuner

I was seriously debating on buying a new 370Z. Then I figured I'll wait a while and let it go down in price. Also see how things pan out. As far as the 350 and the 370 go, there's just something about them. I like the cars, but at the same time something in their looks just never sat as a gotta have car. The 350Zs I've really started to like mainly because they've been around and I've seen them enough that they've really grown on me. At first I loved the 370 and how the shape mimicked the S30, but then after it sank it the car looks kind of odd in my eyes. I figure I'll wait a few years and should I still want a new Z, then I'll decide. Maybe I'll go with a 350 as they'll be pretty cheap by then.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Pr0n Addict

people turbo 350's all the time, so i'm pretty confident that there will be a good way to build the 370 fairly soon.

and yeah, the Z32 was pretty amazing and still is. it holds that land speed world record for fastest street legal car. supra may be a little more decked out, but the cost makes it way not worth it. you're looking at more than twice as much to buy a supra in the same condition as a Z. wow. way over rated considering their performance is only slightly better.

and for the RX-7 of the 90's, not much argument there. if someone wanted to trade me my Z32 for an FD, i'd do it. i like FD's.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Tough Guy

1/3 of the 2009 gtr.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Pr0n Addict

the rx-7's? but the GT-R is a supercar... and not a good one to buy at that. it's cool as hell, but the reliability and warranty issues would stray me aweful far from it.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
people turbo 350's all the time, so i'm pretty confident that there will be a good way to build the 370 fairly soon.

and yeah, the Z32 was pretty amazing and still is. it holds that land speed world record for fastest street legal car. supra may be a little more decked out, but the cost makes it way not worth it. you're looking at more than twice as much to buy a supra in the same condition as a Z. wow. way over rated considering their performance is only slightly better.

and for the RX-7 of the 90's, not much argument there. if someone wanted to trade me my Z32 for an FD, i'd do it. i like FD's.
i was speaking in relative to when they were brand new dude. not their current resale value. and you can turbo any car but it is going to take a build and a proper way to manage fuel and timing. lot more work and money will be stuck into there compared to a evo or sti or genesis. which seriously... i love the 2.0T genesis coupe.... that thing is just sexy. 6 speed manual RWD obviously with the LSD.... drool.... idk i just really like it and the interior on the track edition is pretty amazing to.

and how you do the evoX AMS style
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
NisTuner

I haven't heard really any other issues about the GT-R's reliability other than the tranny when you continuously use launch control. I honestly don't see why this is a surprise to people that this could break something. I mean I've never heard anyone say that dumping the clutch at a high RPM was good for it. Or holding the brakes with an auto tranny as you build boost is good for it. I guess I can see the complaint that the launch control is a built in feature, but still.

Wow that Genesis is pretty nice. Maybe sometime I should go test drive the two cars. The 370z and the Genesis.

Snw, you've probably already said, but which engine would you go for. The V6 or the Turbo 4?

Last edited by duowing; 05-04-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM
The Evil Twin

Talking

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
I don't consider the rest of them sports cars, they're more high-performance sedans. Sports car= 2 doors, 2 seats
amen!

a 4-door AWD car has so many other capabilities over what a 370Z can do. Can you take your 2 kids to the grocery store during a heavy snow and load up a whole cart full of goods into a Z? not really....
Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Pr0n Addict

yeah the tranny is the only GT-R problem i know of too. but the fact that it's going out like that when the car is so new and then the factory is not warrantying it because the features were used strays me from it. it just reinforces my preference to stick with slightly older, simpler, more upgradeable cars.

again, with the evo and WRX, sure they aren't sports cars. i don't like that they are 4-doors either. but it's still a pretty nice lay out to have an AWD turbo car sitting on a sport oriented suspension. not that bad of a package right there. i'm not saying it has the style of a Z, but i'm all about potential really. still, i'd rather have a built Z32 than any of these cars. it really is my favorite.

Last edited by KasbeKZ; 05-04-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Those sound like sports sedans ( I haven't seen anything about these). I'm just stating an opinion...sports cars= 2 doors, 2 seats (maybe small rear seats). Just because something has good performance doesn't make it a sports car. Alot of trucks have decent performance, call those sports cars? Think of all the famous sports cars in history.....911, Vette, Viper, RX-7, Zs, Ferraris. MG, Triumph etc.....not too many 4-doors.
I agree with everything you are saying here man. "True" Sports cars; only have 2 doors, and either 2 seats, or very small back seats. Which wont take away the sleekness and styling. Anything else would not be a sports car in my opinion either. Good points bro'.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Tough Guy

Originally Posted by justin260z
If you bought a car based solely on performance, you would have a Lotus Elise.

Every driven one?

HORRIBLE.

Fast, yes. But you feel every bump in your back. I ran over a pebble once and it dislocated all of my vertebrae.

True story!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Tough Guy

I guess page 2 answered my question..

Quick Reply: 370Z, evo, WRX