ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   WTF? What did I do to deserve this? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/wtf-what-did-i-do-deserve-20144/)

Coolie 10-15-2006 07:57 PM

Ok dude, take it from me...dont call, dont write...If she wants to pick up with you then she'll come to you.

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT

knock her back on the first attempt...if she goes "want to get a drink on Friday" say, nope sorry...got plans that night, no specifics...just plans

Let her know that she cant have it her own way...Took me years to work this stuff out. Dont worry though, I'm 31 and still get it wrong sometimes ;)

WildmaN 10-16-2006 12:57 AM

Allright, I am going to take Barbie's and Coolio's advice. And leave her be, I am not beating myself up for anybody. That is complete BS, and my life is too short for that. I am on the prowl once again, and then we will see if she misses me or not. It upsets me, because of the fact, we were really close not long ago. And that is what makes it 10 times worse. And has really screwed with my emotions. So that is why I decided to leave her alone. And ignore her, unless I see her at the bar. I am not going to be a complete #sshole about it either. I am still the kind person, that I am. Okay that is all for now.

WildmaN 10-16-2006 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Hey WildmaN, I play guitar too...mostly Fender Strats, I got three of those plus a SG, Tele and an Explorer plus my Taylor 310 acoustic....I use Ernie Ball slinkies (.10- ) and play thru a Peavey Studio Pro 112...the only effect I use is a Dunlop Crybaby wah-wah pedal...I play rock and also some blues...not in a band now, just mostly jam on my couch. Anyway, glad to see another guitar player on here.....

Hey right on man, yeah I love Fenders. That is why I love my Jackson's. They are derivated from a Fender. Anyway yeah I have been playing for 15 years. But I am nowhere where I need to be. But I am getting back into it again. Trying to learn one song, and then progress after that. My amp is a Peavy Renown, with 2 12" Cerwin Vegas, at 80 watts a piece. Pretty powerful, amp, and sometime I would like to get a foot switch, just not a priority right now. Keep Rockin' man.:)

SportBikeMike 10-16-2006 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Hey right on man, yeah I love Fenders. That is why I love my Jackson's. They are derivated from a Fender. Anyway yeah I have been playing for 15 years. But I am nowhere where I need to be. But I am getting back into it again. Trying to learn one song, and then progress after that. My amp is a Peavy Renown, with 2 12" Cerwin Vegas, at 80 watts a piece. Pretty powerful, amp, and sometime I would like to get a foot switch, just not a priority right now. Keep Rockin' man.:)

Peavey amps FTW! Yeah I think mine has 65 watts and that f*cker is LOUD....and seldom turn it past 1 1/2 on the volume dial...or the neighbors might bitch. I'll be jammin more now since motorcycle season is about over and I won't be able to drive the Zs that much either (damn Midwest winters!).

Coolie 10-16-2006 03:40 PM

Use the cocky method on them matey...act a little too big for your britches and make fun of them...gets them curious ;)

To prove it works I wrote off a girl I was seeing on the weekend, just cut her loose and deleted her from phone etc...
Got a phone call at 6.15 this morning from her...told her I was busy this weekend ;)

RodMoyes 10-16-2006 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Peavey amps FTW! Yeah I think mine has 65 watts and that f*cker is LOUD....and seldom turn it past 1 1/2 on the volume dial...or the neighbors might bitch. I'll be jammin more now since motorcycle season is about over and I won't be able to drive the Zs that much either (damn Midwest winters!).

Peavey amps are pretty good but...

I use an H&H Modified Roland JC-120 that is unGodly!!! I always loved the sound of the JC series and with the added "oomph" by H&H, it KILLZ! I have other amps including a Marshall JCM-100 Stack, an old VOX, Fender Twin Reverb and a Peavey. They all have their own unique attributes but at the end of the day, it's all about the Roland.

As for guitars, Way too many to list. My weapon of choice most often is a rare 1985 Elite Custom Telecaster. I have the matching Start from the same year also. The thing I love about that Tele is that it's anything but a "Tele". It has a thicker body than standard, a 23 fret flat neck, Dual Humbuckers, Kahler Locking Tremelo (From the factory), no pick gaurd... It's ultimately versatile and plays like silk.

All this talk about guitars and amps is making me want to come out of Rock Star retirement! :)

Rod.

SportBikeMike 10-16-2006 10:04 PM

Thats some cool gear Rod. I've thought about trying out a Tele with two humbuckers...I used to have a Tele Custom reissue with a HB at the neck and a single coil at the bridge, a pretty cool guitar.

You're right your Tele is nothing like a regular Tele....yours is more of a metal/shredder guitar....in fact I think the guitarist from Slipknot uses a double HB Tele...

snwbrderphat540 10-16-2006 10:05 PM

dude....let me borrow your R1....i dotn live that far im sure...

SportBikeMike 10-16-2006 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
dude....let me borrow your R1....i dotn live that far im sure...

Well I'm gonna be out-of-town the next four days..so its available. Then again , its a lil cold out there...

z-hag 10-17-2006 06:42 AM

always cold in ill except in summer--then it's tornadoes--worse in st lousey

snwbrderphat540 10-17-2006 11:07 AM

we only get tornadoes 1-3 times a year....and yeah it is cold...im wating till spring time to get mine....if i dont blow my money by then, and im actually thinking R6

WildmaN 10-22-2006 08:21 PM

Well update for any of you that want to know. I am really strongly deciding on giving up on this girl. I didn't talk to her for a week, and she called me last night. When I was at the bar, and of course was drunk, and brought in by this other guy. Anyway I want to tell her, that I can't hang with her. Because of how close we were. But I don't want to upset her either. It is hurting me too much. To hang out with her, when we somewhat had something going on. All in all, I feel I was a rebound, and have now been replaced. So I am really fed up with this whole mess.

Also last night, at the bar. 2 girls were asking about me. And I was going to talk to one, that bought me a drink. (soda) But after the one girl showed up, I got distracted, and feel like an #sshole, for not going and talking to her. My head is so screwed up with the whole women thing. If I think about it too much. I could go insane. No I am cool everybody, just venting. No worries here, just wanted to let you all know, what is going on. And feel free to post your thoughts, advice if you like.

SHADY280 10-22-2006 08:33 PM

wildman, if she brings you down, then lose her, no sense in screwing up how you feel just to make someone possibly feel a tiny bt happy. you will find someone else who truely apreciates you for who you are. remeber you are wildman.

entropy31 10-22-2006 08:38 PM

screw it man. not worth losing any sleep over. i never understood why people put themselves through suffering to attempt to "make" a relationship work. if it dont work, it dont work. move on.

snwbrderphat540 10-22-2006 08:54 PM

haha...i met this 22 year old on friday i think it was....yeah passed her a note ata resturant...well my friend did actually...cause his GF worked there...and wow...embarressing but she freakin called.....SHE FREAKIN CALLED.....so im thinking of inviting her to this party for my friends bro who is turning 21 i think that would be the modt likely event she would say yes to since there will be alot of people that wont know one another and 80% of the poeple there will be her age or a couple to a few years older...not her bein by a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds like me...i gave it a few days though so im callin her tommorow...you know...then like surprise...im callin back

Coolie 10-22-2006 09:15 PM

Wildman! youve got the other women coming after you...do it mon dooo itttttt
Give that chick the flick, even if it started up you would have trouble with her...

Snowy, nice one mate :D Hit her with something simple first, coffee or something like that.

Coolie's tips for dating

672: Cut short the first date...ALWAYS bail before you really want to. It leaves her wanting more and she'll call you for date #2

Bleach 10-23-2006 08:22 AM

dude, if I dont' call her that means I don't want to be called... end of story :D

crap, I think I run the first dates too long. I basically figure I can get to know her enough that one day I wont' need to waste my time later. but then again, its those stupid Seattle women. They're (almost) all idiots :D

...i gave it a few days though so im callin her tommorow...you know...then like surprise...im callin back

ya, that's what I'm talking about! but on the other hand, I've heard from some lady friends they don't like to wait too long. so, I've changed my strategy. Don't wait TOO many days... just a couple. ;)

22 is an older woman for you! :D ...practically too young for me

snwbrderphat540 10-23-2006 02:35 PM

bingo^^^ im tryin her today...its like 3 days later...long enough for her to sorta not be goin i wonder if hes gonna call back in a hury...but not to long to where i am still somewhat on her mind.....so yeah....good luck to me im gonna call her around 7 pm.....on another note....i overslept..i need a new alarm....i woke up at 12:30.....i freaked..i missed an english presentation...my last class in visual aircraft Recognition so now i need to take the optional final to make up fo the test i missed...and easy one at that on militray aircraft...UGH....and i missed math but i didnt miss naything im portant in there

Coolie 10-23-2006 04:46 PM

Bleach...thats the point, you take them out of their comfort zone...creates a "but why doesnt he call" moment ;)

Good work Snowy 3 days is perfect :D

snwbrderphat540 10-23-2006 04:47 PM

yeah...im still nervous...i thought i had this down.....adn yeah..nervousness is back.......ugh....

Coolie 10-23-2006 04:55 PM

...and easy one at that on militray aircraft...UGH....and i missed math but i didnt miss naything im portant in there

You get an id exam on military aircraft? Oh man why couldnt I ever have those? Would have blitzed them

snwbrderphat540 10-23-2006 05:02 PM

no this was one of many tests..you learn abunch of aircrafts...then take a test...learn a new batch...take a test..its for a college course part of my aviation major. and this test was on quad engine and military aircraft.

Coolie 10-23-2006 05:13 PM

bring it on :D I would kick its ass heehee

What are you planning on doing with it?

snwbrderphat540 10-23-2006 06:54 PM

doing with what???

Coolie 10-23-2006 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL you are studying for a reason right? I mean the degree or whatever ;)

Heres me in the back seat of a T-28...loooved flying that.