The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

what to do about paypal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
eff good grammar

what to do about paypal?

little back story, aparently lasst july some one tried taking $1800 out of my accunt, paypal saw it as a stange action so they put the transaction on hold and waited for a response from me. at the same time i didnt need to use my paypal account untill recently and in the mean time i recived no e-mails or phone calls about the transaction so it expired with out any money going any where which is fine.

about 2 and a half to 3 weeks ago i try logging into paypal and i find out this happened and i try to resolve the limitation on my account, i got through 2 of 3 of them only to find out you cant call or they cant call on a mobile number to verify location which is total BS, we are a family that does not have a land line. even though i hate the hell out of cell phones. i made an embelishment on the e-mail i just sent saying that it was not a mobile phone but you know what....in this day and age theres no reason that i shouldnt be able to fix it over a phone like that.

so 2 and a half to 3 weeks ago the automated response on their site was to call or send verification by mail. after trying the call thing many times i couldnt get arround it. so i did the mail thing.

that was 2 and a half to 3 weeks ago and i still have not gotten any mail from them so i just sent them an e-mail, i know some one wont get it till monday but thats ok but how long do i wait when i dont get a response and i call them up and let loose on them?

i was going to use my paypal account to pay for some things online that were going to be gifts. i still havent recived it but i had contacted the sellers and asked them if it was possible for them to ship it 2 day (cant afford over night) and they agreed if i of course payed for the shipping, i made no guarentees that i was going to be the one to buy but i wanted to check ahead of time. well its the 20th and still nothing from good ol paypal.

their service has been mediocre at best, if this is how they handle their support and they PUNISH people who are trying to have their money stolen by illicit ways then they need to go "****" them selves

when i did the mail thing they said i should recive something in 2 to 3 business days and that was the 2 and a half to 2 weeks ago.

i sent them an e-mail and i got this canned response back.

Originally Posted by paypal ****
Dear *********,

Thank you for inquiring as to how to restore access to your account.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening
the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account and need
more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we
can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features
will be limited.

To return your account to regular standing, please complete the
checklist items indicated when you login to your account and click on
the link provided on the "Account Overview" page.

The link will appear as: "Your account access is limited: Click here for
Details."

Once you complete all of the checklist items, our Account Review team
will review your case and send you an email with the outcome of the
review. Cases are reviewed in the order they are received.

We regret any inconvenience, and we would like to restore your access as
soon as possible.

Please do not respond to this email, as responses to this message will
not be answered.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Team

This email is sent to you by the contracting entity to your User
Agreement, either PayPal Inc, PayPal Pte. Ltd or PayPal (Europe) S.à
r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions, Registered Office:
5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118

Note: As always, make sure that you are logging into a secure PayPal
page by looking for 'https://www.paypal.com/' at the beginning of the
URL.
canned response AFTER i already explained my case, they seriously do not know how to deal with customer service.

so whats should i do, some people only deal with paypal as a payment option should i just make another account while this one is trying to get fixed or what?

i hate to ditch an account thats been there since 2005
Old 12-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Just keep after them. Emails, phone, us mail, etc.

And try registered mail..........
Old 12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
eff good grammar

registered mail?

also has any one else had this happen?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

as soon as i was getting over my ebay and paypal fears your say this.... DAMN!!!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM
eff good grammar

well ok the big thing is no one got any money that wasnt supposed to so just keep that in mind.

now afterwards good luck trying to get your account back to the way it was. i told my self i was going to wait till after x-mas and well...todays x-mas and nothing so i am gonna give em a nasty call tommorow.

i'm going to try to open another account so i can atleast do something ya know? wont hurt to have more than one
Old 12-28-2008, 05:16 PM

The old way - registered mail. You send a letter, they have to sign for it and you get notified.

You can referance that they received a registered letter on a spicific date and time and some loser named _______ sign for it. Good luck