The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

what do 240Z dashboards go gor these days?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Über User

what do 240Z dashboards go gor these days?

so.... my 240Z has a good 800 bucks worth of welding needed... not something i was able to find until home. very pissed. so basically im probably parting it. its got the 240Z rods which are great for strokers the plastic pieces are in perfect condition and black the center counsel is good, but the dashboard, the dashboard is PERFECT. its still squishy in the padding, not a single crack or fade, the vents still spin and sparkle it looks like the day the car was bought. so i was wondering what they go for these days since i couldnt find any for sale on hybridz. i can post pics later if wanted but it truly is flawless.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Ruff Ryder

i think used ones where going for somewhere around $3-400 last time i cared, one new and in the box was selling for $900 but i dont think he sold it.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Political n00b crusher

Snw, send that dashboard down here! Name a price.....
Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Über User

hmmm.... you name a price! haha. i enjoy making money at any cost, but for you mike, i wouldn't want you to feel ripped off ever, so you should name a price. and hoov, i know i've seen 240 dashes in this condition used or not go for over 400 typically. im just hoping i can make my money back on the car.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
hmmm.... you name a price! haha. i enjoy making money at any cost, but for you mike, i wouldn't want you to feel ripped off ever, so you should name a price. and hoov, i know i've seen 240 dashes in this condition used or not go for over 400 typically. im just hoping i can make my money back on the car.

Would it be possible to post a pic? You said there are no cracks? If not, $400 sounds reasonable for sure.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Über User

yeah i'll get pics. does your car need anything else to complete its look? or that could be in better condition to suite your taste?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
yeah i'll get pics. does your car need anything else to complete its look? or that could be in better condition to suite your taste?
How's the console in yours? Mine is in decent shape but has a few cracks. Other parts that could possibly need upgraded: visors, headliner, mirror....and ol' yeah, I almost forgot, the door regulator on the driver's side.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Über User

LOL! i my drivers side regulator i thought was ****ed to. but the regulator is fine, it was the tracks that bolt inside there that sucked. if all you need is strictly the regulator, i might have one for you. the center counsel is for an auto but i THINK that the center pops out and you can stick a shift boot in it. other than that i think its in perfect condition. my dad wants me to toss it up with a 4spd conversion and the floor pans we got and try to get a grand for it. but idk if i want to go through that work on hopes. headlinor is gone, the rearview mirror im not sure about, its there? lol i'll take pics of all the above
Old 05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

Whats wrong with the car that needs $800 worth of welding?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:53 PM
The Good Twin

Weak... Snw gets a 240z, then wants to sell at the sight of rust.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Über User

ummm.... im going to be posting up the rust in a bit, you'll see why i want it gone. the car was parked with only 5 inches of space against one part of the guys garage, i shoulda known he was full of **** and hiding something when the other side of the car was 5 feet from any other obstruction, and they didn't park anything else in that garage. also with how low it was sitting and with a flat tire and a weak flashlight this was the one and only spot i COULD NOT see, and it was the only spot i needed to see. i've never been more frustrated in my life than at how shitty people can be to both other people and to Z's.... i found out the guy picked it up off the original owner over a year from inside a garage then stuck it out in his yard! i thought it was in a garage the whole time, standing in grass for over a year! who the hell does that? why would you pick up a classic car of any sort and A) not find out what its weaknesses are (ie rust) and then B) stick it in grass unsheltered for a over a year! any car for that matter its retarded.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

I'd buy the entire car from you, but it would be a pain in the **** to get it up to Vernal. I'm still trying hard to find a 240Z @.@
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Über User

this is the dash and stuff i have thats in good condition... the counsel is dirty, but not faded or cracked, i don't know if the auto will switch to the manual though. everything else is in like new condition. even the plastic panels like the A pillers B pillers etc...

Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
The Good Twin

Where's the exterior pics ya panzy!?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Über User

all i was able to see on both sides for rust was this right here

only i didnt see the crack spidering away from it. just the obvious hole, i thought nothing of it, its not big and not serious enough to threaten anything structurally and easy to get cut and replaced... then with the wheel away i found the rest of it

thats the entire engine cradle, control arms and core support separating from the unibody.... i really don't think i can deal with that...
Old 05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Ruff Ryder

thats ****ing easy man. its the perfect starting point for a custom frame and tubular front end! BTW wanna sell that shifter?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Über User

the whole auto shifter assembly? or just the ****? cause im willing to sell that for sure.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Ruff Ryder

the whole thing down to the last screw. (except the rod that connects the shifter to the trans.)
Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Political n00b crusher

That dashboard looks amazing. I'm wondering if thats the original. An S30 with an uncracked dash is almost unheard of. If you're serious about selling it, I'm serious about buying it. The visors and mirror look decent but not enough of an improvement over whats in there now though. Are you selling the door regulator?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Über User

idk... my dad has one idea then a different one. i gotta see what he wants. however, 400 doesn't make up for the cost of the car at all, and thats the only thing valuable in it..... and i saw a dash on ebay going for 645 bucks with 23 bids reserve not met and is done on the 31st. now im not tyring to take advantage of anyone here, but if im about to sell the only thing worth a **** in the car and its worth at least the value of what i paid then its what im going to want. infact, if you want mike i may just let you pick up the whole car at what i got it for or 50 less (650) and let you pick at it and then you can sell off anything you want. or play with the motor and stuff and learn more about the inner workings of the Z. and those are all bad pictures....

i will agree though the mirror is pretty typical looking of most and the visors are in good condition i thought.....
Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Political n00b crusher

Ok I understand. Have any pics of the exterior of the car?

I'd like to buy the whole car......but to be honest, I'm not totally comfortable with scrapping the body after I'm finished with picking-off the useful parts. Does it run at all?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

I'd buy the car right now if I had $700 in hand, I'd be willing to fix the car body to be honest lol
Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Über User

well we were told the motor was seized. that wasn't true. i have no keys for it unfortunately. but i can include a set and some key cylinders and floor pans for the right price as well as a full manual swap. i like to take care of my customers. no pics of the exterior though. i do have the original title though from the original owner. so it is legal. he parked it in his garage one day and let it sit. these tow truck guys came along bought it and stuck it on land for over a year before bringing it home to a garage and wanting to sell it. ill get pics of the exterior tomorrow about. i could as well get this car fixed, but see, this was supposed to be a no fuss project, just buy some paint drop everything from it media blast it all undercoat paint paint paint buy some coilovers and shocks get that stuff mounted up, then paint the body, piece together the interior with what i have and start building a motor. all on spare money while i drove the talon. but with this heavy of a welding job right off the bat, i don't think i can pull it off.... god i love the way that dash looks though. if only the world was retard free....
Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 AM
Pr0n Addict

coilovers AND shocks?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Intrawebz Wizard

Hmm Tempting offer. What year is it?

Quick Reply: what do 240Z dashboards go gor these days?