The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Using Craigslist as a way to make free money...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Poor kid, no ruler

Using Craigslist as a way to make free money...

Yep, I'm considering selling the free stuff they offer in the free stuff section on ebay and pawn shops.

What are your thoughts?

Also some dude is giving away his Playboy Magazine Collection. 381+ magazines starting from the 70's to the present.

Kinda nasty taking them off his hands, but I figure I need cash for my Z and some pervert's bound to pay big bucks on ebay. What are your thoughs?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Except for the stuck-together-pages, you might be into something there.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 AM
The Evil Twin

I used to do that with furniture when I had a truck. I'd search the free section and jump on the nice stuff.
A lot of people around in Seattle don't have a car or truck and are willing to pay a fee for delivery. Free couch = $50 plus $20 delivery. ...and they are very grateful at that! Sure beats the price of a new couch and the store's delivery charge. Probably $500 + $50 delivery.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
The Good Twin

Maybe I could sell a kidney on ebay?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Poor kid, no ruler

So it's cool....right? Not doing anything morally wrong...right?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

if ebay lets you sell **** idk. check the rules. do research to see what you should be price range. if u need money check on ebay find what parts u can find in a jy. thats a easy way to make money. takes money to make money. for example some tail light of a toyota sells for BIG bucks. of course their is the 60mm tb, 90-110 alt amp, rear disk brackets,5 lug hubs,heads etc etc. or u could do what others do and get a job. funny u say kidney bc didnt they put a ban on selling body parts awhile back bc someone was doing that. sell sperm or plasma. should have plenty of.

Last edited by 260zturbo; 07-10-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Über User

theres an adult section on ebay actually. its crazy. but i'd do it, its actually a good idea.

and you could also sell blood plasma and semen..... not mixed together though
Old 07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i used to sell plasma for booze money when i was in the navy. double bonus: it took less to get drunk afterwards!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Über User

thats an amazing idea^^^^ but also not safe at all. lol. and it hurts a bit more than normal no?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

nothing is safe. it does not hurt that bad when giving plasma. giving sperm and letting a nurse find a male gspot is a whole different story. i dont plan letting anyone find my gspot.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Ruff Ryder

i do it when i travel, if i go to another state i will look for hard to find parts here there, then bring them back and sell them here..
Old 07-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Originally Posted by 260zturbo
if ebay lets you sell **** idk. check the rules. do research to see what you should be price range. if u need money check on ebay find what parts u can find in a jy. thats a easy way to make money. takes money to make money. for example some tail light of a toyota sells for BIG bucks. of course their is the 60mm tb, 90-110 alt amp, rear disk brackets,5 lug hubs,heads etc etc. or u could do what others do and get a job. funny u say kidney bc didnt they put a ban on selling body parts awhile back bc someone was doing that. sell sperm or plasma. should have plenty of.
I have a job, but I'm still broke...

Saving up for a VG30DETT, technically not bastardizing my Z since it's a Z engine...I plan to swap it once my L28 dies on me.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Ruff Ryder

have a nice 5 years swapping that motor in..
Old 07-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

hmmmm... good luck putting a vg30dett in a zx. alot of cutting and welding it going to happen. i know of a couple with vg30det. it was a SNUG fit. fitting a vg30dett going to crazy. great motors just doing maintenance on them is a pita. why alot of people find doing a rb or v8 a easier swap then a monster v6. going to take some real abuse to kill a inline 6 in these z's.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Originally Posted by hoov100
have a nice 5 years swapping that motor in..
Yeah, theres no info on the swap online.

I can get a good engine and tranny for about 1800, thats the same price I could get an rb20. I'd rather have a TT Z engine.

hmmmm... good luck putting a vg30dett in a zx. alot of cutting and welding it going to happen. i know of a couple with vg30det. it was a SNUG fit. fitting a vg30dett going to crazy. great motors just doing maintenance on them is a pita. why alot of people find doing a rb or v8 a easier swap then a monster v6
Yeah, it's pretty insane. It hasn't been done to my knowledge, and by the time I blow my engine I'll hopefully know enough to do the swap. But seriously...how insane would a silver slick top 280zx be with a VG30DETT?

I could get a cheap one too.

Last edited by raythenegr0; 07-10-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

being fast is a good thing but if u car cant handle it dont bother with it. if i recall u have alot of rust issues. i would get that taken care of while upgrading suspension. these cars a truly corner lovers. ur going to be adding alot of weight with a vg30dett in the front. which is not always good. u still need the ecu and harness. have u driven in a turbo z? not laying anything down but a inline z tq curve is just awesome. especially when its turbo. u know for the amount of money ur going to throw at that motor u can get a custom made turbo manifold that holds 2 turbos......stupid question but how much hp are u looking for. i know the more the better but their is always a limit. u know u can get 200 out of these motors w/o much effort being n/a. sky is the limit but it all cost money. personally i would get the thing up to shape b4 you have a flintstone z.

http://www.geocities.com/zgarage2001/z.html their are plenty of things to read about these engines.

Last edited by 260zturbo; 07-10-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

being fast is a good thing but if u car cant handle it dont bother with it. if i recall u have alot of rust issues. i would get that taken care of while upgrading suspension. these cars a truly corner lovers. ur going to be adding alot of weight with a vg30dett in the front. which is not always good. u still need the ecu and harness. have u driven in a turbo z? not laying anything down but a inline z tq curve is just awesome. especially when its turbo. u know for the amount of money ur going to throw at that motor u can get a custom made turbo manifold that holds 2 turbos......stupid question but how much hp are u looking for. i know the more the better but their is always a limit. u know u can safely get 250 out of these motors w/o much effort. personally i would get the thing up to shape b4 you have a flintstone z.
Yeah, I'm trying to get rid of rust. I know that comes first, as well as suspension. Just throwing the idea out there. I could get a Japanese VG30DETT for about 1800 with the tranny and it'll be doing about 300hp@6400rpm. ECU and harness I'm pretty sure I could pull out of a z32 in Ocala which I would also cannibalize off for brake upgrades and other goodies, though the dude who would sell me the engine and tranny probably carries the ECU and harness too.

I'd be happy with 250hp, I just want something more I mean I love my little 140hp Z but it soooo underpowered for such a great car.

Then again I could also look into the VH45DE again. I was looking into them back when I was going to buy a 240sx shell. The VH45DE is pretty sweet it's pretty much Nissan's VTEC with it's VTC and m4d JDM tyte y0! The VH45DE is a 4.5L DOHC 32-Valve V8 with aluminum-alloy block and heads with molybdenum coated pistons...umm also Nissan claims 278HP @ 6000rpm and 292TQ @ 4000rpm but the reality is Nissan dynoed the motor without the variable valve timing to avoid a stiff Japanese tax on any motor above 300HP.

So it's about 301HP and 330TQ...pretty badass if I can fit it in the car. Also it's cheap as hell, since no one knows of this great little treasure and it's potential.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by raythenegr0
I could get a Japanese VG30DETT for about 1800 with the tranny and it'll be doing about 300hp@6400rpm.
i hope you are prepared to do a full rebuild, as the quality of the used japanese engines tends to be iffy. and if your goal is 250hp, you can easily get that from an l28et, and for far less money and hassle than trying to stuff the VG in there.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Originally Posted by entropy31
i hope you are prepared to do a full rebuild, as the quality of the used japanese engines tends to be iffy. and if your goal is 250hp, you can easily get that from an l28et, and for far less money and hassle than trying to stuff the VG in there.
It's already rebuilt, they do the compression test there for you and has about 25-45k miles on it. But you're right, I could do it with an L28ET. But the problem is finding one. Pretty much every 280zx in my area has been crushed, so yeah.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Ruff Ryder

all a compression test will show you is that the rings are still good, a compression test wont tell you if the bearings are shot or if something else is wrong, not to mention almost ALL of the clips you buy on ebay or from japan come from junkyards, the clips that cost $4k+ are cars that where bought running and driving and where cut in half..
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by raythenegr0
It's already rebuilt, they do the compression test there for you and has about 25-45k miles on it. But you're right, I could do it with an L28ET. But the problem is finding one. Pretty much every 280zx in my area has been crushed, so yeah.
i am fairly certain that you could find someone in the country with an l28et, built even, who would ship it to you for thousands less than the VG swap will cost.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Originally Posted by entropy31
i am fairly certain that you could find someone in the country with an l28et, built even, who would ship it to you for thousands less than the VG swap will cost.
Problem is I have yet to find one.

Also keep in mind I'm looking into the VH45DE again.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

i would call this soul searching for you z. i know engines are running through your head non stop. you need to sit down and make a goal. u need to know your cap of money. u would hate to get a vg30dett and not have enough money to redo the head gaskets when they blow or some bs like that. vh45de is a good motor. how hard is it to find a l28? u can buy turbo pistons or get some stock dish pistons. if u want forge bc ur doing more boost then by all means do it. tap into the oil pan for oil return off turbo, get a turbo manifold i see them on ebay very often. get a turbo, and ms. seems very simple. just seams to me u need to do more searching(not saying u have not done it)
Old 07-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Ruff Ryder

why not a vg30et? lots of HP less $$, the hardest thing ive seen with that swap it the steering..
Old 07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

i would call this soul searching for you z. i know engines are running through your head non stop. you need to sit down and make a goal. u need to know your cap of money. u would hate to get a vg30dett and not have enough money to redo the head gaskets when they blow or some bs like that. vh45de is a good motor. how hard is it to find a l28? u can buy turbo pistons or get some stock dish pistons. if u want forge bc ur doing more boost then by all means do it. tap into the oil pan for oil return off turbo, get a turbo manifold i see them on ebay very often. get a turbo, and ms. seems very simple. just seams to me u need to do more searching(not saying u have not done it)
Yeah you're probably right. I have a lot of time anyways, I mean my L28 is in pretty good condition it's everything else thats messing things up for me.

Originally Posted by hoov100
why not a vg30et? lots of HP less $$, the hardest thing ive seen with that swap it the steering..
Well, I figured if I was going to go VG I was going to go all the way.

Quick Reply: Using Craigslist as a way to make free money...