The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

UPS svcks!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

UPS svcks!

Argh I can't stand these criminals! I had a $20 item shipped up from the USA to Canada. The guy was suppose to send it USPS but he sent it UPS instead. UPS shows up at the door asking for $21.82. The taxes are $2.50 and they charge $19.32 brokerage fees. It's criminal. They hold your package hostage - you have no choice but to pay them....

$21.82 isn't alot so it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of life. It's how they do it and get away with it that makes my blood boil... grrr....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM
The Good Twin

Dah!

I had a big problem w/ a DHL package a few years ago...

Bought a camera part on ebay, and the seller shipped via DHL (I paid extra for insurance). Item arrived damaged from shipping so I filed a claim, and per DHL policy, the reimbursement on insurance must be sent back to sender...

Well, the sender kept my insurance reimbursement of $100 and I wasn't ever able to get a hold of him after that. Stupid!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Oh and it gets better. So I look up on the UPS web page and it says items $20 or under are free - $20.01 to $40 is $7 (plus their $6 bond fee - yea $6 bond for a $20 item and $. So I call UPS up and they tell me no problem I just need to send them a correct invoice and there is a $15 service fee to process the receipt. That's right - $15 to get the $7 fee reversed....
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM

Sometimes I wish I lived in the sates just because you guys can order anything online and get it for almost free, if not most of the times free. I hate when my shipping is as much as the part, and like you said, you have no choice....
Old 04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by Skully
Sometimes I wish I lived in the sates just because you guys can order anything online and get it for almost free, if not most of the times free. I hate when my shipping is as much as the part, and like you said, you have no choice....
We have some good importing companies here so I get stuff shipped to the US address and bring it up for $25 for up to 40lbs. Works great for car parts, etc.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 AM

Ups

Your lucky you got your package in one piece. I work for UPS, and yes they do suck. They are a typical corporate america company. If you have any other options go that route. Help support our failing US postal system.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 AM

I use ups everyday and ship tons of packages to canada all I can say is we get tons of complaints because of freight charges lol
Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Big Poppa

i use usps, and canada post, i trust them and it gets there cheaper and on time, plus no brokerage fees at the end user. these shipping companies are all crooks and if we all stopped using them maybe they might change. really doubt it tho. what fails with the postal system is that they dont pickup at your door for business like the shipping companies. if the post office did that then they could probably put some of the shipping companies under for north america shipping. i just really hate ups and avoid it at all cost, ill even pay extra not to use them cause it will save extra at my door.

Search this Thread