The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

street racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Ruff Ryder

there was a kid in his lancer who kept revving the engine until he hit the rev limiter (sounded like a lawn mower engine) and there wasnt any traffic for a couple miles, we both floor it at green, i imediatly pull away, i dont even get out of second gear, before he is a few lengths behind so i let off, let him catch up, soon as he catches up, floor it and held my foot to the floor, i lost his lights somewhere after about 200' after he "cought up" but for being an auto z32 N/A that was almost to easy...
Old 06-13-2006, 04:40 PM

its not that im going off the wall for the fact that he did it...he did it, got caught, learnes hes lesson its life...but just posting on forums with sotries like this...people tend to lose respect for you (i think anyways), thats all im saying

"hey guys i was in jail, i beat up my wife the other day, she wouldnt cook"
little harsher example but you got my point i think. anyways glad you didnt hit sombody.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:57 PM

oh no doubt you know people make mistakes hell im 18 and got charged with a felony and a gross misdomenor.........and trust me im not proud at all hell i think its embarracing but you know ppl do make mistakes and im sure your guyses intentions on the posts wernt to hurt anyone and make em feel like **** and yeah some people get the wrong vibe from other people and think that they are pickin on them and callin them dip ***** even though your just kinda trying to be hard on em a lil and tellin them that its stupid (its all good guys)
Old 06-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Skully
"hey guys i was in jail, i beat up my wife the other day, she wouldnt cook"
damn skully, that isn't right... I just lost all respect for you

you gotta love internet forum quoting
Old 06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Über User

yeah, no i think i got a general idea of whats happening to me, i wouldnt be so concerned sept im goin to be a pilot and like i was in a wierd state where i thought this was going to affect my career, but it probly wont, now im just worried on money, i can afford it but im gonna be so broke afterwords, but now i might be selling the Z to keep the family happy plus i'm off to college so gotta make sacrifices anyways. other than that, i didn't post this for a story like i think a few people assumed, if you noticed in my thread starting post i asked if anyone got cuaght and what happened to them. i did it for informative reasons, which is what a forum is for, also notice its placement in the off topic section. i thought i'd throw that up there. thought i was doing the right thing....in a way.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 06-13-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:54 AM
The Evil Twin

Skully is a bad man
Old 07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned

http://www.valentine1.com/
Get those they help me alot when i'm going 280KPH on route 95 at 3AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Ruff Ryder

if you can do more then 140, then you have a good chance of losing them, the cops wont chase you past 100, read up on the police driving and you will see how easy it is to defeat there menuevers.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Über User

haha, yeah but theres one thing no one can out run, and tahts radios and nextel. so once you lose one cop the next is on you. you'll have a tough time loosing them. not worth it. unless you pick up a highway right off the bat running from a local cop, then without any info he cant go on the highway he will just say F'it, thats theonly kind of running from the police i support, and running on foot, no one can get killed that way i guess lol
Old 07-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Yeah like what happened here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAyE-...mokey%20nagata .
Old 07-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
haha, yeah but theres one thing no one can out run, and tahts radios and nextel. so once you lose one cop the next is on you. you'll have a tough time loosing them. not worth it. unless you pick up a highway right off the bat running from a local cop, then without any info he cant go on the highway he will just say F'it, thats theonly kind of running from the police i support, and running on foot, no one can get killed that way i guess lol
if your in my little group thingy..then you get a list of the best places to hide and the best roads to get some distance on them.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Über User

right^^^^^^ that is ignorance and can hurt you later on, dont get so sure.
anyways. i just got back from ohio, holy crap am i burnt, and i also got back from court, sorry Skully i got my license back. i paid 500 for a lawyer 300 in court fees, andother 65 for driver improvement class, i have a year supervision, and i got back to court in one year for what reason i dont know. but i paid my fines and got my license back. now i drive like an angel until august 14th 2007. so nextime you think its a good idea to street race, think twice, what petter, 800 dollars and unrestricted driving privilages, or soemthing to brag about. oh yeah i got my front plate and speed charge dropped though, only charged with the racing, and after a year of good driving clean record again.
p.s. the fines for the racing could be 365 days in jail, and 2500 dollar fine. and driver license suspension. i got off easy, and it still hurt.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Does being busted count if they never caught you? Cause if it does then i;ve been busted just got away with it! HA they will never cstch me!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Über User

hence the word, busted. your not busted, you escaped. and wow, this post came back from the dead. and consider yourself lucky.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:39 PM

dang skippy
Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 AM

Man.. I wanna reply but I don't wanna get flamed...
Old 09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by veritas
Man.. I wanna reply but I don't wanna get flamed...
people only get flame'd when they say something stupid
Old 09-22-2006, 07:37 AM

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

street racing is awesome. getting caught sucks.

BUT - it's only awesome when it's done in a responsibly manner. Like entropy said on page 2, I think?(or you don't get caught)

So keep it safe and get on the tracks.

that wasn't the first thing that came to my mind as a reply, but it works.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Bad Speller

you know what they say, "it's only Illegal if you get caught"
Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Über User

haha...900 dolars later year supervision, i say there is no SAFE maner cuase you can stilll kill yourself, and its so not worth it, the track rocks any ways you can get exact times. to bad route 66 here is expensive and so many V-8 cars that scramble the brain wiht the noise....ugh. and you only get like 4 runs in a day.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:22 AM

Yea, finding a track is horrible.

That's probably the only reason I do race on the streets.

I'v been to one track and they only had an oval track.

come on, what ever happened to driftland??

I'm going to talk to my city next month about letting me use an abandonded parking lot. maybe they'll let me fix it up and have it, if so everyone's invited!!!

[ edit ]

after posting this I looked up and was like CRAP!!! I DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE A THREAD, I WANTED TO REPLY.

then I noticed it was page 4.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
we must all remember that driving is 1) a skill learned in the womb; 2 a privilege, not a right; 3 there are 4 kinds of LICE--head lice, body lice, crab lice and PO lice--never crack a joke to a po LICE man, never go FAST near a po LICE man, never have FUN near a po LICE man--they get jealous and want to have fun, too, but they're supposed to set a good example for us kiddies--do they??? and practice your story brfore they catch ya, or be good at making them up as you go??? i have too many going too fast tix--all from driving my slicktop NA--not the turbos!!

and racing was why god made SCCA
Old 09-22-2006, 08:48 AM

note: my friend was a cop

you can say anything to them but use this format

x = what you want to say

"In my opinion, x .............. "

because you said, "In my opinion", you are not directly saying x to the officer, you are using your constitutional right to speak and voice YOUR OPINION.

and trust me, it works.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Ruff Ryder

i kinda like street racing, if there is no other cars where the race is taking place, then i would propably do it...

"i say there is no SAFE maner cause you can stilll kill yourself"

i owuld rather kill myself in a crash, then kill an inocent..
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 PM

I cant say ive ever street raced but the coniquences over the reward arn't worth it. Which is probibly why I havnt yet.

And veritas, your way to handle cops is probibly the worst way i've ever heard! I am almost positive a cop doesnt want to hear your **** when you get pulled over, you got pulled over for a reason, so listen to what he has to say!

What you do is, you tell the truth because they will usually comend you for it, then when they tell you why what you did was wrong, agree with everything they say and make them feel like they're the smartest person on earth. HONESTY will get you out of a ticket, not "voicing your oppinion".

And I really dont mean to flame, I don't know maybe it works for you!

Last edited by CraigS; 09-22-2006 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: street racing