The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

street racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Über User

street racing

sooo, anyone here ever get busted for street racing? if so what was the outcome? cause i recieved my first offense ever last night. 3 tickets. doing 81 in a 50 (thank god cuase i was doing about 95), no front license plate displayed, and drag racing. i was sooo pissed, i shoulda known somethign was gonna happen cuase all day i had people asking me to race. All hondas, a new Si hatchback and old Si hatch and another old hatch with a K20 motor in it, then another honda civic turbo, a crx turbo, then my friend just got his CRX with a LS motor in it. i finally just caved into the pressure and got my a** popped for running my friend of a red light, we came around the corner and boom cop under I-55. its angel driving time from now on.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 06-12-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 AM

bummer...that sucks.

Never been popped for racing.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 AM
The Good Twin

Doh... I'm sure you'll have to go to court if the cop put "street racing" on the ticket. That's usually reckless driving. But if it's your first offense, the judge might go easy on ya. Here in Utah, it's a $400 minimum fine for reckless driving.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Über User

yeha i got 3, they are labled not properly diplaying plate registration in front of vehicle, drag racing, and doing 31 mph over posted speed limit. i talked to my friend who got taht he said his license was suspended for 3 months did supervision and traffic school and paid 125 per ticket, clean record now. but im 18 and he wasnt at the time, so i dont know, i just want my license back and they can supervise me till im 21 traffic school me w/e i just need my license back.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Über User

and now i have to tell my parents, well....my mom anyways. only reason i am going to tell cause i think im going to need a lawyer yeah?

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 06-12-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:52 AM

did u win ?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:01 AM

man, in VA 31 over the posted limit is into the felony traffic offense. my wife got rolled for that, but since she was just about to come out of a low speed zone the trooper cut her some slack and just wrote her the ticket as if she was in the 55 zone (which she was only a hundred feet or so from) and not the 35 zone she was actually in.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 06-12-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Über User

it was a fully built engine all internals done vs. my fairly stock Z, so i didnt win. but for the work in that motor, i thought it pathetic he was only at my front wheel well, i got him on the launch and threw 2nd but in 3d he started creeping. knowing that kid though he's running his mouth sayin he raped me or soemthing. but over here 40 mph over the speedlimit is a felony offense. my friend did like 80 something in a 35 and got to go home, i think a full year of supervision. the best part was he was driving a mini van.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
but over here 40 mph over the speedlimit is a felony offense. my friend did like 80 something in a 35 and got to go home, i think a full year of supervision. the best part was he was driving a mini van.
good thing you weren't clocked at the 95 you were actually doing
Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 PM

i hope they take your liscence away and tear it in half
"i just need my liscence back" if you werent f**king around in the first place you wouldnt be in this ****, kids just dont appreciate, VALUE and RESPECT the freedom they are given to these days...hope you learned a lesson.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:47 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

street racing near cops is a bad idea.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:02 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey street racing is a bad idea. Too much risk involved, sorry to hear about your dilemna. But you have nobody to blame but yourself. Nobody put a gun to your head or anything. You have the choice to go, or refuse. And the choice you make, you pay the consequences for your actions. Not trying to be too hard on you man. But there is a time and place for everything. And street racing, belongs on the track, not the road. Which then would define it drag racing, autocross, drifting. etc...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Skully
i hope they take your liscence away and tear it in half
"i just need my liscence back" if you werent f**king around in the first place you wouldnt be in this ****, kids just dont appreciate, VALUE and RESPECT the freedom they are given to these days...hope you learned a lesson.
Harsh but true. Street racing is one of the stupidest things you can do, not only are you risking your own life but other peoples lives. Here in TX I’m pretty sure drag raceing is a felony offence and you get arrested on the spot. I'v been challenged several times but never race just because its not worth the possiblity of getting arrested and paying close to a 1000 bux for a ticket just to say I beat whatever car I raced or in your case lost to. Your lucky you didn't spend a night in jail. All I have to say is- have fun spending money that goes toward paying the cop that wrote your ticket which could have gone toward your Z.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
The Evil Twin

I never street race anymore... except for this last weekend.
I knew I would lose but its only my friends' car. SR20DEt powered 510 and 240SX.... I was going way over 100 thats for sure... more than twice. Kids, don't try this at home
Old 06-12-2006, 03:14 PM

i have been busted before. about 7 of us got aressted and here. but. there were about 20 cars at that spoted who weren't racing and they take down all of the cars serial #'s and put it in there records that , that car has been caught in a street racing ring . BUT, the thing about me i choosed not to take my car out that night and bum a ride and be a passenger that night and all this happened in phoenix . ok so people wnated to race and there was no flagger so i decided to flag and i guess security was watching from atop of one of the buildings nearby and no one noticed . and to my surprise because of me flagging i got charged for illegal exhibition of speed for all the matches i flaged. so even if you flag it is considered the same as racing the car here in the phx . and to tell you that was a few races i flagged . but somehow thanx to a good lawer that was reduced significtally <------ yeah i know its mispelled. it's a 507 dolla fine here per charge !
Old 06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i was going to post a "you are an idiot for street racing" post like a lot of you did, but then i realised that i have done it before myself, like i'm sure a lot of you have too. yes, its a bad idea, yes you get fu**ed if you get nailed, and all the other sh*t. but i'm not going to be a hypocrite and tell him he was a moron for doing something we all have before. i dont make a habit of it, but just a week ago some ******* in a turbo new beetle revved like a SOB at me, and i had to shut him down. absolutely killed him. but this was also a situation where there was no other traffic, and no intersections, and a clear view of everything in front of me. i wont do it if i am putting others at risk.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by entropy31
but this was also a situation where there was no other traffic, and no intersections, and a clear view of everything in front of me. i wont do it if i am putting others at risk.
yes, street racing is bad. but in some cases its hard to turn down.

ive been caught up in some challenges before, listening to the other guy constantly rev the engine. i just let them act cool, until we either got on the open highway, or an empty road.
but, once i get in a position to race an LS1 car, its gonna be hard for me to turn down the invitation, cuz im dying to see how i do.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:14 PM

I'll take someone up on stop light romp every once in a while...but I never turn it into a full on drag race. Maybe a hundered yards, usually less... who ever is ahead by then most likely has the race in a street vehicle anyways. Some dont even make it out of first gear before i back off for the greater good of man kind.

What I do enjoy is a game of reasonably safe game of cat and mouse. Keep it single file and not too crazy (not anymore anyways).

I find it hard to believe that anybody who has ever owned a performance branded machine has never taken it beyond the limits of your daily commuter. And if you haven't, then why do you own a Z??? (and I know not everyone here is a race driver). It's meant to be driven and it's meant to be driven hard.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:26 PM
caught the z fever

haha, i once had this alero "race" me. he took off from the stop light, and i did a roll start, and he was like a car length ahead when i gunned it. well, i caught up to his bumper, and he cut me off and put his hazards on, as i shifted into second and passed him in the other lane
Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Über User

cat and mouse is a form of street racing according to my state, adn trust me im being a pilot my main goal was to keep my clean record, im not a street racer i dotn think its cool, i turned down several other offers that day i think i meantioned and then on the way home you know it was dead *** empty cuaght at the light with my buddy, dead road up ahead, the cop was just inbetween a van and a semi on the shoulder under I-55 so it was pitch black, i had no chance. trust me i feel like **** im teaching my self my own lesson, i told my parents im hiring and paying for my own lawyer im doing everything my self at my own expense. i dont need people playing daddy for me on here especially since probly all of you have decided to tear down some honda of VW kid at least once, even if it was only a short couple seconds, still street racing.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 PM

dude dont sweat it people hear at zdriver.com some guys and woman can and will be ********.. its best to just stick to information on how to fix your z car and learn more about what u can do to your z car.. ive learned not to bring in your personally business hear your gonna get nothing but A*& HOLES with bad words of advice..

Never the less there is other people hear that know alot about z cars and there information is why im hear at this site to learn more about my z cars..
Old 06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Über User

so far only one, willin to let it fly, i didnt really post this for like hey guess what crap i really was lookin for advice or like what happened to people im worried as hell.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:30 PM

honestly i dont think its necessary for people to rip on other ppl like that on here either.............we dont come on here everyday to have some one tell you your an idiot or you a dumb a$$.....you know it is like we are a family here
Old 06-13-2006, 06:39 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

And me honestly I have done my fair share of street racing. I wont deny that, just saying from experience. Now if what I said was too harsh, then I apologize. That was not my intention at all man. I try to respect people's feelings, and think before I post. I was telling you the negative on street racing. But as I can see, after you commented, after my post, and others. You do understand, and that is cool. I do understand, that sometimes people do ask for it. So sometimes I will admit, I want to just put them in their place real quick. And like J was saying, it is probably mainly at a green light, and roughly 100 yards or so. And then I let off. So hopefully this clears up, what I originally posted. And that is also why, I told you of what I have done, or still once in a while still do.

And yes this is a great website on Z cars. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here. And we are a family, and that is why I like coming on this site. Plus the fact I have learned a lot about these cars. And have tackled things, I never thought I would. So that is my 2 cents, no hard feelings.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:00 AM

We are all FAMILY Mi CASA IS YUR CASA lol

Quick Reply: street racing