The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

So I might get fired over $15...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Big Poppa

i would fly off the handle when they fire me, break something. if laying low doesnt work, break stuff. this is where thxone jumps in and agrees! they really have no right, id try to go to work just like normal and see what happens first. just dont get a police record, thats gone too far.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Doesn't post much...

Step 1:

File for unemployment immediatly!

Step 2:

Find a good ambulance chaser to sue them for wrongfull termination.

Step 3:

Hire a cute little kid to stand in front of the store with you on the weekend holding a giant sign that reads something like "Best Buy took away my Birthday" or "Best Buy Stole my Christmas"

That will **** them off.

Rod.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
make sure you file unenjoyment NOW......it takes a while to kick in...if you are dependent on the rent money and food money, oops--it might help pay one......good luck----do not allow them to write anything about your character-----now--set up to do what you need to supplement this pea sized income so you can develop a computer geek biz of yer own???????
dont let it get to yopu unless they write something aboot yer character. then go for the throat....and what rod said aboot the lawyer and wrongful termination stuff---good luck.

and the sign part would be fun........
Old 01-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Step 1:

File for unemployment immediatly!

Step 2:

Find a good ambulance chaser to sue them for wrongfull termination.

Step 3:

Hire a cute little kid to stand in front of the store with you on the weekend holding a giant sign that reads something like "Best Buy took away my Birthday" or "Best Buy Stole my Christmas"

That will **** them off.

Rod.
Rod, you just made my day. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:37 PM

I KNEW IT!!!! SON'S OF BITCHES!!!! THEY DON'T HAVE THE ***** TO COME TO YOU OR REVIEW THE RULES OF EMPLOYMENT, OR GIVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE A GOOD EMPLOYEE. When you get final confirmation of termination this is what you need to do, keep your cool, apologize and express how much you like working for Best Buy, then tell your boss that you will miss working for him/her and shake his/her hand...turn and leave.

Remember this, they don't care about you and are being petty...DO NOT FEEL GUILTY, YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. Be polite and stick to your story...it WILL pay off in the end. Those C#@K SUCKERS!!!

Last edited by thxone; 01-28-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

and be sure to talk about it on the internet, where anyone can come see your plan .
Old 01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Big Poppa

thats where our uber cool super mods can help and delete the thread when the poorly acted injury happens
Old 01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Über User

haha... QUICK, HIDE THE EVIDENCE!!!!!! AND SPLIT THE MONEY OR ELSE!!!!! haha
Old 01-28-2007, 07:14 PM

I fixed my rant.....damnit.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
bite'em, boris--just dont get rabies.........
Old 01-28-2007, 10:48 PM

Yeah, I got fired. I went into BB today, to go see what the issue was, and to get some software from a coworker. I decided to ask my ops manager if I was really fired, and if I could quit instead, so that it would look better on my resume. He said that unfortunately, HR already fired me, and I just needed to sign the termination notice. I signed it, and told him thank you. He agreed that the termination was stupid, and he wished that it would have worked out differently. He did say that he would give me a good recommendation. I jokingly asked if my discount was still active, and he said that it was, as long as I followed the discount policy .

So, I went and bought over $1000 of stuff retail cost, but only paid $400 my cost.

I did scan the letter, and blur out any crucial info. One request though: Don't call my store.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:17 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

they said ineligable person, but the purchase was made for you. get your dad to testify to that fact.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by entropy31
they said ineligable person, but the purchase was made for you. get your dad to testify to that fact.
My dad is calling HR tomorrow to speak to them. I'm pretty sure they are going to stick to their guns, but it's worth a try, right?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:00 AM

Anyone want to offer me a job in the Sacramento/Elk Grove area that will work around my schedule?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:41 AM

Ha. Love that job title. When you go out lookin for a new job. be sure to drive the Z. You will grab attention
Old 01-29-2007, 04:47 AM

Wow... They were WAY more **** than I gave them credit for regarding the situation. Good score on the last discount thing, though. Bet that kinda irks 'em a bit...

Good luck

Carl
Old 01-29-2007, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Carl's Z
Wow... They were WAY more **** than I gave them credit for regarding the situation. Good score on the last discount thing, though. Bet that kinda irks 'em a bit...

Good luck

Carl
The thing that makes me laugh is that my manager said that I could use it.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Fast240Z
The thing that makes me laugh is that my manager said that I could use it.
Now he'll probably get fired too!

Rod.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:18 AM
The Evil Twin

with a discount like that you should have been spending 100% of every paycheck at Best Buy and going back to eBay and nearly doubling your money

You were a CIA agent...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Über User

hmmm.... even if it wasnt for you i thought immediate family (parents and wife) were elligable to recieve your discount.... thats how it is at my job any who.... we just cant use our discount on sale items...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 AM

Although I know it suks and it is trivial... i can't believe you weren't more careful knowing the policy.

...don't know about those last charges... if you're officially fired before you bought, would the discount really be valid or legal?
You might want to check policy on that too since I assume policy would overrule whatever your manager says.

Good luck on finding another job but remember that its your responsibility to know the rules and follow them.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 AM

Snw, the discount used to be where spouse, parents, and children could use it. They changed it in late October to where only the spouse of a person could use it. They even limited it so that common law marriages, or gay marriages would not qualify for the discount.

Although I know it suks and it is trivial... i can't believe you weren't more careful knowing the policy.

...don't know about those last charges... if you're officially fired before you bought, would the discount really be valid or legal?
You might want to check policy on that too since I assume policy would overrule whatever your manager says.

Good luck on finding another job but remember that its your responsibility to know the rules and follow them.
I know I should have been more careful, and I take full responsibility for my actions. As for using my discount last night; I was still technically an employee with Best Buy at the time. They faxed over the paperwork, and I was supposed to be fired as of today (the 29th), but decided to go in a day early to talk to my manager. Since I wasn't fired yet, everything was ok.

I had assumed the discount would be fine with my father's card since I never had any issues in the past, but I was wrong. I guess at my next job I'll have to be more careful in terms of the discount policy, and get manager's approval before doing anything that could potentially get me in trouble.

And yes, I was a CIA (Counter Intelligence Agent).
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Über User

thats hella gay.... hmmm.... yeah you should protest... it was for you you just didnt personaly pay for it technically yes? hmmm...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Yeah, I was the one who was rung up, but I used my dad's card. They say that since I used his card, I'm technically buying it for someone else.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Über User

be like... then ill return it for someone else . lol