The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Rose's last Z drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Unhappy Rose's last Z drive

Well hello and hi everyone. Well as of yesterday I was given the worst news ever that I was hoping I'd never hear but knew was eventual. I got to drive my Z for the last time this past Thursday. An injury I recieved like 3 years ago finally caught up with me and I got to hear from my ophthamologist (sp?) somthing I was hoping i would never hear; I'm permanently blind. I've known this was coming after the accident, which i would much not like to get into, and the doctor told me that I would still have sight in one of my eyes, but that that the nerves in the one good eye had been badly damaged and, although i could see then, that after time it would eventually fail and i'd be blind. That day was Thursday, and i got the definitive answer on friday that my sight wasn't comming back. I'm hopefully going to try and be in Ohio by the end of next week, but yeah, no more Z driving for me, I will still fix my up though and have my friends give me rides, but that's it. Oh and I have a friend reading for me what i'm typing so i'm not giving up on you's guys, k's? Yalls Z sis and friend. ~Julie, AKA Rose~
Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Man that is some depressing stuff to hear...I don't know what to say to that. Well, just make sure when you get rides that it is in YOUR z, then you can say you still drive it. I am sorry to hear about your sight.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:01 PM
The Good Twin

Wha the crapz yo!?!?!?!?!??!? Which kind of "blind" is it, everything is out of focus, or all darkness?

We'll always be here, so we gotcho back!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

A severed nerve in my left eye and nerve falure in my right. I can "see" differentations between light and dark, but that's it.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Political n00b crusher

Oh man, sorry to hear it. Hope they come up with some kind of cure.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Well technically i was seeing on borrowed time and have had 3 years to mentally prepare myself, and physically train myself for the day it came. Hey, mike, isn't illinois close to ohio?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

sorry to hear that. keep up the hopes and dont drop the Z dream. better to be a passenger in a z then not be one.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

That's awful girl, I am truly sorry to hear that. I just don't know what else to say to that. I wish you the best, and hope a miracle can happen. Yeah we all definateley have your back. And our prayer's will go with you also.

Yeah still have people give you rides in your Z. It is better than not being in one at all. God Bless you, and I wish you nothing but the best.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Ruff Ryder

just remember julie, you may have lost one of your senses, but you have taken a big step into a bigger world of feel, touch, taste and smell, don't let this stop you from being you. let your senses be your sight, meditation will be your friend in the future also..
Old 07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Well thanx all for the support and friendship. I still plan on posting more goofy stuff (hehe, i have a reader now reading me these things), and yall can better believe i am soooooo making MSA this time, just look for the gurl with the white cane (I was terrible when i had to learn to use a seeing-eye dog and just had a better time with the cane) and big goofy black sunglasses.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Ruff Ryder

i would give you my eyes if i could...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:57 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

but then you'd be blind, that wouldn't be fair, now, would it?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 PM
NisTuner

That's really sad to hear about your eye sight. I mean at least you'll be able to see for a little while, but at least you're someone that seems to be able to put it all aside and manage to keep your spirits up. At the very least you did get to drive a Z.

By the way, where you going to be in Ohio? I'd love to meet a fellow Zdriver. I'm in the Cleveland area, but frequent alot of other parts of the state.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

I'm moving to Avon, and i'm all packed up and will be getting there by plane by the end of next week if everything goes according to plan, and i am defintely gonna need help unpacking, :P

As far as dealing with it, aside from the crying and all, i've had plenty of time to come to terms with it because right after my accident, due to swelling and damage, i was totally blind for over a month and, since the doctors weren't sure i was going to be permanently blind then, i went threw the training and psych sessions to deal with it. so i was totally happy when i WAS able to see, but new i'd have to go back to being blind at some point, and thank god i got another 3 years from my eye and am at least happy for that since those were the best 3 years ever, especially with my Z.

Last edited by GTR; 07-29-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Über User

thats no fun well, maybe you'll/they'll find a way to get you a little more sight than shadows. now i wont be getting late night text messages unless they say dkslfjlsd :P any ways, illinois is one state away from ohio, we gotta cross indiana. im going to be in ohio august 17-19 btw for anyone that will care for any reason
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

nah, snw, i'll just call you now since you won't call me........oooooh, soooooooo scared to call a blind woman, huh? I am soooooooo hoping to be in ohio by those dates.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 AM

I've been hearing good things about experiments with brain implants that send signals from small cameras directly into the brain.

http://www.seeingwithsound.com/etumble.htm

http://www.economist.com/science/dis...ory_id=9070853

Hopefully, these will be available and covered by insurance soon.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:21 AM

I'm so sorry, girl...I wish you the best. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Stay strong. Still get out to those Z car shows...then ask a really nice guy for a ride in their Z. It'll hopefully put a smile on your face.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

wow, that's the worst bad news i've ever heard from someone.... Aside from death anyway.
I send my deepest condolensces. That just suxors.
And if you must wear sunglasses, at least get some kewl looking ones.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by GypZ_Rose
but then you'd be blind, that wouldn't be fair, now, would it?

i dont think i want to see what the world turns out to be in another 10 years, so i really wouldnt be at a disadvantage here.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Doesn't post much...

Sorry to hear Rose. That is truly sad news, sounds like you have a pretty good attitude about it though and that says a lot about your character.

Best wishes,

Rod.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Hey Julie....thxone (Mike) here, maybe this will cheer you up...just think how much better sex will be...your other senses will be heightened including "feel" and yes that was me volunteering.....unless the reader is your boyfriend...if that is the case I was just kidding...you know I am a kidder...unless the reader is a girl in which case she can come along too. Anyway...keep your chin up girl and keep writing us.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

daymn Julia... im soo sorry to hear about your sight.. i do hope that they somehow can reverse it.. my prayers are with you....
Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by thxone
Hey Julie....thxone (Mike) here, maybe this will cheer you up...just think how much better sex will be...your other senses will be heightened including "feel" and yes that was me volunteering.....unless the reader is your boyfriend...if that is the case I was just kidding...you know I am a kidder...unless the reader is a girl in which case she can come along too. Anyway...keep your chin up girl and keep writing us.
your such a pervert. haha
Old 07-30-2007, 07:25 PM

that sucks, and im sorry to hear about that...

Quick Reply: Rose's last Z drive