The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Posted this on another forum..

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM

Posted this on another forum..

And of course got reemed because somehow this is my fault, but what do you think? Now something I didn't mention immediately over there was yes I passed this guy half a mile before he started riding me. He was tailgating someone else in the left lane at that time and I easily went around in the right lane. Somehow passing this guy while he's tailgating others is his trigger because that's where it all started.

Last night heading home from evening services at church a black Dodge Dakota comes flying up behind me on the highway. This guy had to be about 2 feet from my bumper. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate tailgaters. Trying to warn the guy I tap the brakes. He stays on top of me so hit them a little harder. The guy slams on his brakes then stops on the gas gets even closer. There's no one around so he could have passed me. Of course now I'm pissed. This guy is close enough I can't see his headlights in my review. I start down shifting, he slams on the brakes and STAYS behind me. Finally after slowing down to almost 35 he pulls into the other lane to pass me. I hit it in 3rd and pulled well ahead and caught up with the rest of the traffic in front. Hoping I finally got rid of this guy I pull in the right lane and just cruise with everyone else. Out of nowhere he comes flying up behind me again, pulls onto the shoulder in the grass pulls up beside me and pulls into the lane forcing his way between me and the car in front of me then slams on his brakes in the middle of the highway. This guys insane. I pulled back and stayed about 8 car lengths off as the guy pulls out in front of everyone after almost running two other cars off the road. He's still playing games at this point. He's lane dancing with no cars around him, splitting lanes then slams on the brakes and heads off on a side road.
Of course during all this I have the wife call the cops and report it. They said they would dispatch a State Trooper. Never saw him. So out of curiosity I pull off at the next exit. I figured I knew where the guy was going so I back tracked to the two trailer parks off the exit he took. Sure enough I found his crappy little trailer with the truck parked and him and his buddies on the front porch. We call the cops back and they say there's nothing they can do because it's my word against his. This guy could have seriously killed someone and they don't care. We had plates numbers and an address and it didn't matter. Just for grins I slowly pulled by the guys place making sure he could see me. As soon as he spotted the ZX he said something to the guy beside him who ran back in the house while he backed up on the porch and watched us leave the trailer park. Some people need to be shot.

Now something I didn't mention was yes I passed this guy half a mile before he started riding me. He was tailgating someone else in the left lane at that time and I easily went around in the right lane. Somehow passing this guy while he's tailgating others is his trigger because that's where it all started.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally Posted by naviathan
Some people need to be shot.
I know of some ppl in need of this particular form of therapy.

the solution to tailgaters is exactly what you did at first. Slow down or pull over so they can pass you. Everyone's always in a hurry, let them bury themselves. What i wouldn't have done was followed him to where he lives. That's dangerous.