The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

PB Blaster is Crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 PM
NisTuner

PB Blaster is Crazy!

Ok, so I found out my 300zx which is nearly rust free, well it has a big spot of rust. Not on the underside, not in the spare tire well, but on the other side of the hatch near the tool kit. Luckily it's salvageable and not all the way through. So I'm in the process of cleaning it up through the use of hand sanding, power sander, flat head screw drivers as scrapers, pliers, etc. Anyway first off, spraying PB blaster all over and letting it sit, won't hurt the metal in any way, right? Anyway the previous owner looks to have used POR or some kind of rust paint over the rusted area to try and help it out. The PB Blaster is just eating right through the rust paint, and then the rest of the rust is just like turning to mush. I knew this stuff was good, but wow.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

its even got the foam cup experiment written on the can... but who wants to waste "an inch" as said on the can... i think it says that?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:24 AM

Now imagine if you used the Liquid Wrench penetrant and lubricant. That is 10 times better than PB Blaster in mine and JBs280z's real world test...I wish others would realize this as well...it really does kick PB's ****!!

Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 AM
NisTuner

Alright, I'll spray some Liquid Wrench on in the morn. I actually use both. When I go for penetrating lubricant I buy a can of each. I've never actually determined which was better as I usually just end up alternating in soaking, but at least in what I'm doing PB blaster is really going to town on the rusted crap.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 AM
The Evil Twin

whoever had that stuck O2 sensor should try the liquid wrench. I've never used that stuff
Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
whoever had that stuck O2 sensor should try the liquid wrench. I've never used that stuff
That's a good testimonial... I'll take your word for it.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM

Cool Liquid wrench

I always take a can with me to the junkyards....works awesome.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by NismoPick
That's a good testimonial... I'll take your word for it.
yup!

"I've never used the stuff, but you should try it!"
Old 06-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

liquid wrench is that comercial weak stuff... PB is that industrial strength melt a cup acid FIRE!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM
The Good Twin

You really like to flash that pic huh? NOS lanyard + 40hp!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
The Evil Twin

There's the Cherry Pie again! hahaha

I use PB Blaster. It was recomended by a 'friend' who later skipped town (or went to jail?) and left his parts car in my yard.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

I use PB Blaster. It was recomended by a 'friend' who later skipped town (or went to jail?) and left his parts car in my yard.
lucky!!!! i want a free parts car
Old 06-26-2008, 03:06 PM
The Evil Twin

It was a 2-seater, turbo, 5-speed.

but I had to move and sold it cheap with no title...
Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

watch this dude come back from prison actin all hard wanting his car back!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
watch this dude come back from prison actin all hard wanting his car back!!!!
I'll pay him the full price I got for everything of his that I sold... minus my charges for storage, my time for advertising and selling, and interest on holding his money. In the end, he owes me money.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:39 PM

280zx2by2...Both myself and Jeremy have used that exact PB Blaster and it is weak when compared to the Liquid Wrench in REAL WORLD situations, who cares if it can melt a coffee cup...nobody has anything stuck to one of those. Ask Jeremy about the throttle cable on his Kawasaki and what both products did and how long it took them to do it. Now that PB Blaster is ok if you want to clean some light surface rust off of tools like chrome sockets and what not but if you want to break stuff free and don't want to wait too long then it's the good old Liquid Wrench.

The 10mm bolts that hold my exhaust on my bike were rusted so bad they wouldn't move. I soaked them for almost 6 hours with PB Blaster and still nothing. That is with several applications of the blaster. Once I got ahold of a can of Liquid Wrench as pictured above, it may have taken 10 minutes of soaking with just one application and BAM, they came loose very easy. That stuff is no joke and it really works...and I didn't even have to ruin a styrofoam cup to find that out. Before you knock it, go ahead and do your own real world test on rusted parts and you will see for yourself...lots of stuff will eat through a cup...I use fire.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by thxone
280zx2by2...Both myself and Jeremy have used that exact PB Blaster and it is weak when compared to the Liquid Wrench in REAL WORLD situations, who cares if it can melt a coffee cup...nobody has anything stuck to one of those. Ask Jeremy about the throttle cable on his Kawasaki and what both products did and how long it took them to do it. Now that PB Blaster is ok if you want to clean some light surface rust off of tools like chrome sockets and what not but if you want to break stuff free and don't want to wait too long then it's the good old Liquid Wrench.

The 10mm bolts that hold my exhaust on my bike were rusted so bad they wouldn't move. I soaked them for almost 6 hours with PB Blaster and still nothing. That is with several applications of the blaster. Once I got ahold of a can of Liquid Wrench as pictured above, it may have taken 10 minutes of soaking with just one application and BAM, they came loose very easy. That stuff is no joke and it really works...and I didn't even have to ruin a styrofoam cup to find that out. Before you knock it, go ahead and do your own real world test on rusted parts and you will see for yourself...lots of stuff will eat through a cup...I use fire.
its probly gooder than that there PB but the liquid wrench a had was real old(i guess the chemicals got weak) and i had just bought some of the PB and it seemed to work well... ill get some LW(liquid wrench) next time i go to advanced and compare... (the only thing i have used the PB on is the several bolts that hold the fuel rail on and bolts on the splash guard, i mixed it with some degunker and it cleans good!!!)
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
The Good Twin

Did you just say "gooder" ?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 AM

I think he did say gooder...we are going to have to educate this kid. First it's 2 BY 2 then it's gooder...what will be next?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:21 AM
The Evil Twin

hey, he's still finishing high school. Give him a break. Public schools in Georgia are gooder than West Coast schools, yo!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 AM

Oh crap...my daughter is in a Ga public school...Great, now I get to look forward to conversations with her that may go like this:

(Small child with southern drawl)

"Daddy, we was at the school today walkin down the hallway 2 by 2 and we seen this girl who thinks she gooder than us so was like, you aint gooder than us we is educated"

(Me without a southern drawl)

"Oh dear lord, what are they teaching you at that school child?"

(Child)

Don't be up in my face old man, you aint gooder then me!"

(Me)

Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

i actually cried a little from this funny *** crap!!!!!!!

we aints that dumd up here in georgia, we gets our schoolin likes every ones else... all be its we is a having to tooks one grammers class afters the nexts.. ahuhu. but them there mexicanos done teachted me to talk mexican realllll good!!!! camo see yammo?

and i aints sayin and states schools is gooder thans the next but....

i think GA schools are ranked around the lowest of all the ones in the country... but there is hope i think camden county schools and lowndes county schools are the best in GA... if that means anything...
Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
i actually cried a little from this funny *** crap!!!!!!!

i think GA schools are ranked around the lowest of all the ones in the country... but there is hope i think camden county schools and lowndes county schools are the best in GA... if that means anything...
Yeah my daughter lives in Camden County near Jeremy. I kid of course about the schools and what not, after all my best friend lives there and even though he talks to his wife more than me when we are on the phone he is probably one of the smartest people I know. I would also like to say that when it comes to advise on chicks he has a 99.98% streak going whereas he is correct that much of the time...everything else...99.97% correct. I fill in the other .03% for what he doesn't know
Old 06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Doesn't post much...

So, what's ol' 81Black up to besides that these days?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
NisTuner

Anyone heard of aerokroil? Liquid Wrench doesn't melt a Styrofoam cup like PB Blaster does, I've tried it. It's a different chemical makeup. See it's hard to judge which works better. There's times where I've sprayed and sprayed with Liquid Wrench and it didn't come free. Then I use PB blaster and it comes loose. Then I do it in reverse.

Quick Reply: PB Blaster is Crazy!