The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

News Flash

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Jack Of All Trades

News Flash

This will be a future headline from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina:

September 3, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA

Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Awarded by Louisiana Jury

A class action lawsuit that was filed on behalf of all of the poor families in the southern part of the southern state of Louisiana was settled today by a precedent setting jury award. The suit filed against the federal government complaining about the delay in the delivery of government subsidy checks due to the Hurricane Katrina natural disaster. The jury, appalled at the preponderance of evidence against the plaintiff, awarded each of the 1 million complainant parties $10 million each for their inconvenience. The government (plaintiff), without a leg to stand on, is not expected to appeal this decision.

op ed: I guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:50 PM

I feel for those people down there, I really do, but they need to take some responsibility for their actions, or lack there of. I'm sorry, but if I lived there and heard there was a class 5 hurricane heading towards me the only thing you'd see is my white *** high-tailin' it out of town by any means necessary. I guess when they were little they never listened when Mom told them to come out of the rain. How quickly can they expect all of those amphibious vehicles to get down there? I guess it's as easy as clickiing their heels together 3 times.

I can't help but wonder if this kind of thing happened in Texas, would the response times be the same? I think not. Help could've gotten there more quickly, but help should not be expected. Life is about survival of the fittest.

Did anyone watch the fundraiser concert last night? It was pretty weak. One guy from Louisiana was speaking about it. He asked why is it when they show a black person breaking & entering a store they call it looting and when they show a white person breaking & entering they call it "searching for food". I have an answer......the white person wasn't trying to steal a color T.V. In situations like this they should just shoot the people who are looting. They're just capitalizing on someone else's misfortune. This would stop it from happening in the future.

Yes, I am an uncaring bastard. You may not agree with everything I said, but you sure as hell agree with some of it.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Dan's the Man

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
..... They're just capitalizing on someone else's misfortune....

This is an everyday reality everywhere. It happens to different degrees, legally and illegally....it is a staple of our society none the less, regardless of how you label it.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Have any of the complainers of the appearingly slow response of the government to act, thought of this? There was a mandatory evacuation order to get the HELL out of New Orleans due to a cat 5 hurricance approaching. If you go upon the assumption that most people are smart and would act upon such an order for their own safety, then you also, although they did wrongly, assume that most of the people left the area. Once the hurricane passed, and ALL of these people started showing up, and then the levees broke, the government was caught flat footed and unprepared for what actually happened.

Regardless of what the bleeding heart liberals and the white-man haters want you to think, it's beyond even my comprehension that any individual, agency, or government would purposely delay going in to help anyone after such a disaster.

It's beyond belief what they imply thru the media because the people there are poor!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:00 PM

The situation is magnified because the majority of the people who live in that area happen black. I can't believe that the media is insinuating that the reason it took so long is because the government doesn't care because they're black. What a load of crap.

I live 40-50 miles south of Shasta Dam. If it breaks, I'm screwed. I know that's a risk I live with, but I enjoy where I live, so I'm willing to take that risk. If the Dam breaks, you won't see me on T.V bitching because of lack of aid. It's a risk I take. Apparently these people didn't realize that they basically live under Lake Pontchartrain and that water runs downhill.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Jack Of All Trades

If more people, and our government included, thought like that, our courts wouldn't be so over-burdened with all of those wah wah bullshit lawsuits. What a novel idea, I accept responsibility for my actions.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:49 PM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

I totally agree with both of you CC and 91, its good to see two other individuals with their heads in the right places. I agree, this is a very tragic occurrence, with a lot of innocent people involved. Those that are fighting for their lives, without food or water, who need shelter, I can totally understand their needs. But there is absolutely no excuse for breaking into a business to steal big screen TVs, new shoes and jerseys....that is the kind of theft that the Nat. Guard should have a no tolerance policy toward. Those people are the same type that stayed through the hurricane just to steal from the empty houses....

I feel for the victims, but they must assume some sort of responsibility for the actions that have affected them. They had a widespread mandatory evacuation warning days ahead of time, then they complain that they didn’t have the money to leave.....what money does it take to just grab your things and start walking? Its just like the people in the tsunami, when disaster comes near, they forget about protecting themselves, and decide to stick around.....only in the States, they have the NERVE to blame it on the gov't.....I heard one group blaming Bush for sending troops to Iraq when this hurricane was coming, WTF does that have to do w/ anything, that’s like blaming Bush for this hurricane existing. I swear there are a lot of ridiculous and ignorant people in this country....

I know this sounds really bad, but if it were in my power, I would have flooded New Orleans the day after the hurricane just to finish off everyone who was left....seems the decent people with any intelligence and self worth were out of there when they were told, and only the ignorant, scandalous, people who are shooting at the relief, looting businesses, and blaming Bush were the ones left. I know that’s harsh, but there is little excuse for those people and their actions...

EDIT: I'm just happy I live at 5000ft. the Polar Ice Caps could melt and the Sierra Nevada mountains would have beach front property

Last edited by RPS13_GZ32; 09-04-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:42 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well said man, good point. I would be like the first people to get the hell out of dodge too. And not blame the govt. or Bush for a stupid natural hurricane. I can somewhat agree on wiping out the rest of the town. To get rid of the looters thieves, and ignorants!
Old 09-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

i don't see the attraction of living in an area that sees about a dozen if not more hurricanes and tropical storms a year. Same kinda goes for the west coast and the earthquakes, yeah it's nice year round but your house might get swallowed up by the ground. I think i'll settle for some cold and snow than the chance of drowning or getting crushed in my sleep.
Kinda sad how the liberal media is still pissed about losing the presidency still. They find anything and everything to criticize the president about. I think it'd be funny if the next president ends up being Republican again.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:53 AM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
I think it'd be funny if the next president ends up being Republican again.
Oh wouldnt that be funny
Old 09-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
I think it'd be funny if the next president ends up being Republican again.
Right, but who? I thought the last election was a difficult choice. I don't even see a choice for the next election. That's scary.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Since we're still a ways away, I pretty sure the parties don't even know who'll represent them yet.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Jack Of All Trades

hillary V condi
Old 09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

If Hillary Clinton runs, I highly doubt she'll be elected. I highly doubt she'd win the Democratic Nomination for that matter. I think if she's smart and not too anxious, she should wait till two terms after Bush. When is that 2012? Should be long enough for ppl to forget how fake she really is. Maybe.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:23 PM

Don't forget Nader and Jesse Jackson. I could see Jackson taking Louisiana & Mississippi...j/k...I had to get us back on topic a little bit.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:43 PM
caught the z fever

GO NADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screw bush and cary