The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

New car

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:29 AM

Thumbs up New car

Hello everyone.
I'm buying a new car, needs to be RWD of course, and preferably Japanese due to fuel emission, and also that I really like Jap cars.
Anyway, here are most of the cars I've been looking at til now and pros/cons I found about them:
Mazda RX7 FC and FD (Rotary engine, hard to repair/expensive. looks sexy as hell though, my favourite as far as looks go.)
RX8 (Nice car, but to new for my taste and has some of the same problems as the RX7, only worse..)
Mazda MX5 (Great handling and driveability in general, but I just don't like the looks. To small/girly, plus I would prefer a couple of cramped up seats in the back just in case.)
Toyota AE86 (Legendary car, but a bit old for my taste.)
Toyota Altezza (Also supposed to be a great driving car, but a bit to big for my taste.)
Toyota Soarer (Looks great, and possibly a great driving/drift machine. But impossible to find with a manual transmission.)
Toyota Supra (Also legendary and great drift car, but expensive and hard to find with LHD. It would be best with LHD where I drive.)
Toyota MR2 (Awesome car, really like the design, but has the engine in the back so probably not the most controlable car.)
Nissan 200sx s13 (Great driving car, but a bit old in design.)
s14 (Like it alot, a possible buy for me. I do prefer a little more "race car" design though, like the 300zx.)
s15 Silvia (One of the most sexy cars I know, and great engine/handling, but don't come with LHD.)
Nissan Skyline (Great car, but I prefer the Silvia/200sx over this.)
Nissan 300zx (Love this car, looks great and good engine/handling. Expensive car though, and expensive insurance, definantly a possible choice for me.)
Nissan 350Z (Fantastic car, but to expensive and to new like the RX8.)
Honda S2000 (Very nice car, was wondering if I should go for it despite that it only has 2 seats. Found out though, that it has electrical power steering which looses alot of feel to the ground.)
BMW (Don't want this brand for my car.)

I'm looking for suggestions here guys, I thank you for any advise on which car to buy and eventually also what to do with it.
I want it to be a great handling car with lots of feel, and a good amount of power to the ground. Also looks matter to a certain extent.

Thanks for any help

Regards

Last edited by paali10; 03-07-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by paali10
and preferably Japanese due to fuel emission, and also that I really like Jap cars.
BMW (Don't want this brand for my car.)
Just an FYI... BMW is German, not Japanese. And of all the cars you've picked, I would have personally included the E36 / E46 M3 in the options. Easy to tune, lots of power, parts-o-plenty, very fun to drive.

Nissan 300zx (Love this car, looks great and good engine/handling. Expensive car though, and expensive insurance, definantly a possible choice for me.)
Nissan 350Z (Fantastic car, but to expensive and to new like the RX8.)
Sounds like you are in Australia or Europe if you are looking for a LHD ?
And since this is a Z Car site, obviously the bias and knowledge will be towards Z CARS. The same for all the other sites you are probably posting in too.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 AM

I know that Bmw have alot of great cars, but I lean more towards the Japanese currently.
I'm located in Europe yes.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Why don't you buy the car that you truly want, ruther than somebody else's opinion? Plus are all other these car's available to you? But since you want an opinion I'd say go BMW like Nismo said.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Just an FYI... BMW is German, not Japanese. And of all the cars you've picked, I would have personally included the E36 / E46 M3 in the options. Easy to tune, lots of power, parts-o-plenty, very fun to drive.

Sounds like you are in Australia or Europe if you are looking for a LHD ?
And since this is a Z Car site, obviously the bias and knowledge will be towards Z CARS. The same for all the other sites you are probably posting in too.
I'm confused....But wouldn't he be wanting a RHD if he lives in Europe? LHD is what we own here in North America. lol
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
The Good Twin

^^^

It would be best with LHD where I drive.)

s15 Silvia (One of the most sexy cars I know, and great engine/handling, but don't come with LHD.)
I'm located in Europe yes.
I'm assuming most of the cars on his list are only available to him as RHD in Europe, but his country uses LHD cars...
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

Why not go test ride some of these cars you are looking at? You might find that some of them might not fit your needs. Also comes down to how much you wanna pay to play.