The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My neighbor is a jerk

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:35 AM

My neighbor is a jerk

As you may know, my Z has been down because of an accident I was in, and I have been waiting for the insurance agency to give me my settlement check so I can do the work to it that I need to do. My neighbor has had it out for my family, for some reason he's angry with us. He works for the county, and has been turning us in for random things. As an example, I was working on my Ford Ranger, and I accidentally spilled some transmission fluid on the ground. I wiped up what I could, but apparently there was still some on the ground. It rained that night, and the fluid washed into the gutter. Instead of him coming down and giving us a chance to clean it up, he called one of his friends at the county and had a hazmat crew come out to the house to clean it up. Luckily I was awake when they showed up, with the fire trucks and clean up trucks. They looked at what had happened, and the fire trucks left because there was not a serious threat. I was able to talk to the guy who was supposed to be cleaning up the mess, and he let me do most of the work (he gave me supplies to clean it up) and I was not fined for any reason, because the violation was so miniscule and I had no idea it had happened.

So, I get off work yesterday, and my dad calls me. He immediately starts getting on my case about my Z having a parking violation ticket on it. I get home, and I find out that my neighbor called the county parking enforcement out to my house, and had them flag my Z because I was not driving it. So, now I have to fill the radiator up every 3 days, drive it down to the store, and drive it back in order to leave it parked in front of my house. It's not an eyesore by any means (other than the front end damage) but I still can't have it parked in front of my house.

I call my neighbor a jerk because he doesn't have the common courtesy to come up to my door and ask me to change what he feels is wrong, he'd rather just call one of his connections with the county and get us in trouble.

I know I'm probably whining, but what do you think?

And yes, I do know I'm in violation by having my Z parked in one place for more than 72 hours, but I just wish my neighbor would be kind enough to at least mention something to me instead of calling the county and me getting charged $240 for parking my car in front of my own house.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:02 PM

that sucks dude...sorry about your troubles.. there is alot of messed up people in this world...
Old 04-18-2006, 12:05 PM

thanks for the concern. I'm not sweating it too much, I'll just pay the fine with some of the money from my settlement check.

I just wanted to vent...still makes me mad that he wouldn't come and talk to me about it first.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:08 PM

you know fast240z i am having the same problem with one zdriver member he keeps on putting me down.. calling me names..i wish he would just talk to me and tell me what his problem is....i think u just need to walk over to the neghbors house and sit down with him.. and tlak to him... its better to talk it out then fight it out...
Old 04-18-2006, 12:55 PM

Definitely sounds like your neighbor has it out for you. And he's obviously too much of a ***** to take it up with you personally so he's using his connections to try to get at you.

If your Z is not an eyesore then he's just being a jerk about it. Whats the difference if you drive it to the store every other day? It's still going to be parked in that same spot the rest of the time.

EDIT: Nismo, your affair is already public knowledge. No need to drag it into another thread. And, for the record, he DID tell you what his problem is. Maybe you should try PMing him if you're still concerned about it.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Opinionated

start calling the county on him
Old 04-18-2006, 01:59 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

some people are just asshats. i would go cofront him about it, not in an angry way, but just ask whats up, why are you such a *****. likely, its just because he is some lonely loser with nothing better to do than bitch and make other peoples lives miserable.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Big Poppa

i would call the county on anything he does too, after talking to him 1 on 1, properly, with no rudeness.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:06 PM

He's probably counting on the fact that you wont confront him. If you confront him everytime he does something stupid like this he'll start thinking twice before he picks up the phone again. I'm not saying confront him with an attitude or anything. Just letting him know you know it's him.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:04 PM

I agree with what you all are saying. The only problem with calling the county on him if he does anything wrong is that chances are they will just turn their head, considering he's a mechanic for the county, and I know they like to take care of each other. I don't want to go and confront him, because I have a feeling he'll just act like nothing is wrong. I do know that he is two faced about it, because he calls the county, but yet when I talk to him (and trust me, I'm nice to him, we used to talk cars) he is all pleasant and cheerful.

Oh well, I get my settlement check from the insurance agency sometime soon, they are giving me $3702 for the front end damage, so I'm going to do most of the repairs myself, and get it repainted with the rest of the money. My girlfriend's neighbor is a mechanic, and I believe he's also versed in the art of body work, and has volunteered to help me with the Z, so I'll probably have him in on the project, get it done right, you know?

Want to know what else sucks? My dad's work truck just went down today, so now I'm out of a car. He's taking my daily driver, so I now have no vehicle whatsoever. Definitely puts a damper on my plans.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:54 PM

hahaha, yeah, I remember talking about heads and stuff. It wasn't five heads, but I did pull the head off close to 6 times trying to diagnose the problem. I finally realised it was a cracked head, because it would only leak when it would get hot. I bought a new cylinder head, and the coolant problem was gone, but the "new" block I got has a sticky/bad oil control ring on one of the cylinders, so it has oil burning problems.

I'll get it fixed, I've got a settlement in the mail.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:19 AM

Call the cops on him one day say he was walkin' by windows naked and there are kids outside. That'll really get some pissed of cops over there.