The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

My car was stolen today!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Angry My car was stolen today!!

Unbelievable! In broad daylight, at my place of work! I am still kind of shocked and dazed. I just can't believe it actually happened to me! Between 2pm and 6pm, this afternoon.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Intrawebz Wizard

Damn @.@ Already give the police the plate/vin ext? Just hope you can get it back in one piece!

Very sorry to hear about it...
Old 04-10-2010, 01:52 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Yeah all of that. I reported it, as soon as my wife. Asked me where my car was? And I'm like...what? So I look out the window, and it was gone from the space it was in. I doubt I will get it back. It is probably in Mexico by now. I also filed a claim with the insurance. It will be a couple business days. Before, I can talk to them more about it.

Anyway thanks, appreciate it.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Intrawebz Wizard

Just be thankful it wasn't one of your Z! Heh Makes me kinda glad I don't live in AZ anymore.

Anyways who knows you might get it back. Just hope you do! if not then hope your insurance gives you enough for a new DD.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Yeah, well I am working on my Firebird tomorrow. And then while I am driving that. I am going to get my '82 slick top Z running. With a good alarm system on it. This is my first car stolen. I haven't had an alarm on a car in years. No longer, once the Z is running. He will be armed. And with a high decibel one. That will make the thief, think twice at stealing another car again!! Any of my cars from now on, with that matter. I was violated, time to fight back. No more Mr. Nice Guy!! Thieves beware! I find you, I will cut off your hands. Also.. grab you by the jugular, and squeeze. Watch out!!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Pr0n Addict

rambo style ^^^^!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Political n00b crusher

Ah sorry WildmaN. Poor Neon....

I hate thieves!!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:08 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Update...It was recovered yesterday morning at 11am. It is a little trashed. But runs good, and they didn't take my stereo, and a few other things. I'll tell you more later.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Pr0n Addict

that's what's up.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Intrawebz Wizard

Well its good you got it back!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
This facepalm's for you!

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
that's what's up.

they let him kick the guy in the nuts
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM
The Evil Twin

lucky

Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

I feel your pain. My first car ('81 280ZX) was stolen the first time (second time was fatal - RIP) on a Friday night in the summer at about 8:00PM. I was working at one of my four jobs trying to stay ahead of the bills, student loans, etc on my summer "vacation" between semsters at school. Anyhow I normally worked till about 10 or 11:00 PM but I worked whatever hours I wanted and it was a long day at my first shift and I had everything in working order so I decided to go home about 8:00PM. Its broad day light and as I come around he corner I see a cloud of white smoke coming out of my car parked in the angled parking right downtown on a main street. I'm in shock for a blink of an eye and then I realize its my car and its being stolen right before my eyes. The guy backs up and I jump in the middle of the street and start yelling and screaming at the guy and running towards my car. The guy steps on it and aims straight for me. I wished I had jumped on the hood but I jumped out of the way. I'm 100 feet from the front door of my work so I run back and call 911 and tell the person answering the phone my car is being stolen as we speak. I'm three blocks from the police station so all they have to do is put the donught down and lean out the window and they can watch my car drive by but no the lady asks me if I know the person who is stealing the car. Now I'm really in shock - she doesn't ask me what is the make/model/colour/licence of the car so we'll recognize it as it drives by. Instead she asks me if I know the person stealing it. Of course it went down hill from there. I got the car back but the headliner was ripped down (I had a custom light in the dome I guess the theif liked) and the insurance agent decided he knew the car better than I did and that the headliner was like that before and wasn't going to fix it. I hate theives and I hate some of the adjusters -they are idiots plain and simple. The rest was a fight to get my stereo replaced but in the end they covered the stereo equipment. That was about nine years ago.

I'm a lover and not a fighter but if I ever found out who stole my car I'd go buy my first baseball bat and break it over his skull.... I still would love to set up the ignition coil to two metal probes in the drivers seat.....

I pull my ignition wires, etc right now when I park my S30 or S130. A dummy wire is a good idea as well (eg looks like everything is in place but doesn't conduct).

Glad to hear you got your car back. I'm building a custom alarm for my 280ZX and my 240Z which includes cutting the fuel pump and a few other systems. Check out the Samba K9... that will be part of my keyless ignition/anti theft system.....

Last edited by FricFrac; 04-19-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Wow quite a story man. I feel your pain, on that one. Anyway...this past Saturday, I got a Viper alarm for my Neon. With starter kill. Also I got a good deal, because I told them I would be back with my Z. When I get it running.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
geez--some folks will steal anything..sorry your car was taken--glad you got it back---wow!!! btw--congratulations on new life!!!!!!---
Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well if things work out right. I should be getting a Viper alarm. Here in the near future for my '82 slicktop. I would say within the next couple of weeks. Or at the latest, after the first of the year. Besides....I did tell the guys there. That if they gave me a good deal on the one for my Neon. I would come back with my Z, when it was running. So I got to fulfill my promise.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Primer Grey FTW!

That's crazy someone tried to steal my gma's car in Texas once. It had some kind of anti-theft, so she ended up having to pay like 2g for a new ignition, harness and window. Glad you got it back!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Big Poppa

there was a local crooked alarm stereo shop that would install nice stuff, then have people that would go back and steal it. they didnt last very long. i installed my own alarm part of the way, it saved my 400 on labour. i have a compustar autopage it works from a mile away.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:13 AM
The Evil Twin

I hear of the stereo theift like that all the time. Even if the shop has nothing to do with it, the 18 year old kids that work there organize it themselves.